“Great food, good waiters.”
Review of Rasika

Rasika
Reserve with OpenTable
Rasika is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 3,237 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: On D Street Between 6th and 7th Streets.
Transit: Two Block Walk From the China Town/Gallery Place Metro and One Block Walk From the Archives/Navy Memorial Metro.
california
“Great food, good waiters.”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Order the fried spinach. It was the best thing we ate on our trip to Philly and DC. Was able to walk in and get a lunch table without a reservation

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Virginia
“My first choice in DC”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I admittedly had not been a fan of Indian food but Rasika changed my view. Absolutely some of the best food I have eaten anywhere. I frankly would be happy with some of the spicy side dishes but the entrees have great variety and I haven't found a disappointment yet.

• Visited April 2013
Brooklyn, New York
“Amazing food”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We got lucky to get in for the last seating for Friday Lunch. The food was amazing. I can't wait to go back and have it again!!

1 Thank Cathy I
washington dc
“one of the finest in dc overall, best indian”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Even though they gave us the smallest (free) table in the restaurant (we hadn't made a reservation), we thought we were lucky to eat again at that place. It is just wonderful. Take any old Indian recipe like chicken Tikka, expect a familiar dish, but here the result is a surprize: the dish is spectacular! I don't know what the chef adds to it, but it is to die for. Spinach starter is also sensational. We just could not believe our taste buds. The waiters are also phenomenal: courteous, knowledgeable, not intrusive: we did not learn their first names, yay! Just a splendid lunch to be repeated often. Cost: $50 for 2 . Only problem: it is very, very noisy.

1 Thank josieWashingtonDc
Sheridan, Wyoming
“Absolute perfection!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Rasika is hands-down the best Indian food I've ever had. The service is fantastic, the atmosphere is lovely but not ostentatious. Overall, one of the highlights of our stay in DC.

• Visited April 2013