“Imaginative menu, Amazing food and impeccable service”
Review of Rasika

Rasika
Reserve with OpenTable
Rasika is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 3,228 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: On D Street Between 6th and 7th Streets.
Transit: Two Block Walk From the China Town/Gallery Place Metro and One Block Walk From the Archives/Navy Memorial Metro.
Virginia
“Imaginative menu, Amazing food and impeccable service”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

You'll need a reservation for either dinner or lunch. The atmosphere is cozy, the wait staff friendly, and the food is absolutely amazing. Try it during restaurant week if you're on a budget.

Visited July 2012
4 Thank Webgoddess5

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hard to get a table because it is so good.”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My wife and I were in Washington, DC for an Adventure Travel Expo and wanted Indian food. Out of all of the restaurants in DC this one was rated #2 and for good reason. We tried to get a table but the restaurant was booked for weeks. Set on Indian food, we decided to check it out. We found a table in the bar area at 5pm on a Friday. Within minutes, all of the other tables were full. We ordered several small plates like Tawa Baingan (eggplant and spicy potato),Sev Batata Puri, Tandoori Salmon, Mango Shrimp, and Date & Toffee Pudding. Everything was amazing.

• Visited March 2013
Annapolis
“The place for Indian Food”
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Rasika has really good Indian food. It is only one block from the Verizon Center so the restaurant is super convenient before a concert! Service was very attentive and helpful. We particularly enjoyed the mango shrimp, chicken tandoori, and butternut squash!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“GO! HERE!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Oh, words cannot describe the amazing time and food I had at Rasika. I made my reservation a month in advance because I was planning my boyfriend's birthday. In my notes for the reservation I said it was a quiet romantic birthday dinner and a quiet table out of the way would be much desired. Now, this restaurant is not quiet per say, but they did fulfill my request of a table out of the way and not smack dab in the middle of the restaurant. We walked in and were seated immediately, we were shown to a lovely cozy corner seat by the window. PERFECT!!

We started with the Palak Chaat (I'm sure you have seen it in just a couple reviews before...haha). Yes folks, it is that good!! Crispy saucy and how it all merges together in your mouth is something magical. The worse part about it was seeing an empty bowl, I would have been completely ok with ordering a second helping, but the BF talked me in off the ledge :)

Then came the main course. I had the Chicken Tikka Masala and the BF had the Lamb Nihari. Our entrees came with a bowl of Basmati rice and we ordered a basket of naan bread. My chicken tikka was by far the best at the table, by boyfriend kept sneaking bites (he was the birthday boy so I obliged..hehe). His was a little too spicy for me, not spicy as in hot, but there was too much nutmeg for my taste. The chicken tikka was just amazing with a little bit of rice all wrapped up with some of the sauce in a piece of naan bread (the perfect bite!).

We passed on dessert, and were surprised to see the waiter bring us an on-the-house order of Gulab Jamun. Gulab Jamun is my favorite Indian dessert by far, any Indian restaurant or buffet I have been to, that is one of the staples I make sure to spot and anticipate the yummy goodness post entree. If I had to describe it (DISCLAIMER: this is more of a relatable observation for the picky eater but inquisitive reader, I don't actually think it's a donut hole) I would say it is a very very light donut hole that is simmered in a syrup and served hot, Rasika added ice cream with theirs. It was phenomenal.

If you are in the DC area to see the sights or if you live and walk these streets everyday, Rasika is not a place to miss. The atmosphere, the food, the attentive, and very nice wait staff are great. You will not be disappointed and you will be left saying, "well I have found my go to place" as you walk out.

• Visited September 2012
Seattle, WA
“Great food, good prices”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Had the super yummy fried spinach and spicy sausages. Everything our large group ordered was very tasty. The final bill was reasonable. I hope I would be able to try out other restaurants whenever I am in DC. Rasika is so good, I worry I will always default to going there.

• Visited March 2013