New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“never got past booking - beware” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Brookland Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Washington DC
The Brookland Inn
Ranked #34 of 35 Washington DC B&B and Inns
“never got past booking - beware”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

I was prepared to book a room here, and had communicated several times by email. There was always a significant delay in hearing back. I tried to book online but was very wary of the online booking process. It seems to commit you to a non-refundable reservation before you can even request a certain room. I was told by the person responding to my emails, Nida, to call. i called and received voicemail. Left voicemail and got no response that day. Got an email the next day with information about a different room, $100 more than the one I had requested, and I tried calling again. Received voicemail again. Finally got a call back from a personal cell from Nida. Wanted my credit card information before even assuring me there was a room. When I asked about cancellation and for info about the room, I was informed that the entire amount would be charged to the credit card no matter what. I asked whether that was even true if there was a problem with the room upon arrival. She said that is their policy. I declined to reserve here; everything about it was sketchy, unprofessional, and seemed financially questionable. Beware.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank mapitt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

I stayed here 22 nights because my daughter was attending the Kirov Academy of Ballet summer intensive. I have to admit I was not expecting much since the price was far cheaper than other places I looked into. I chose it for convenience since it is just over a mile away from the Kirov. When I got there I saw how HUGE the suite was and by the end of 22 nights I really felt like I lived there and was sad to "move out." It is much cleaner than I expected, and I'm pretty OCD on cleanliness. The decor was stunning and I loved the ambiance of our suite. The staff was very helpful with any needs I had. Caroline was exceptionally helpful and available 24/7 to attend to any need I had. I met the owner and he was so nice!!! The Bcafe served excellent food. I only regret I didn't eat there more than once. It was great to be able to walk to the metro station, which is only 2 blocks away. There is free parking, which was HUGE in DC. If my daughter attends Kirov again I will definitely stay there, so if any of you reading this are from Kirov, please let people know how awesome this place is!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Heather L
Red Bank, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is not a B&B. When I think of a B&B I think of a house with many bedrooms with a delicious home cooked breakfast... This place is more like a hotel suite (apartment really...) kitchenette, living room, bedroom, and bathroom. When arriving I was about to kill my husband for booking such a ******* place to stay (the outside and the lobby are not impressive, even kind of depressing) but once the receptionist took us to our "apartment", I calmed down. It was very clean and had nice furniture. I must warn, I would not feel safe staying here alone and I am no small town girl (I travel alone in NYC at night weekly). The neighborhood isn't bad, it's just not great... you can tell the community is trying to improve. I would not walk alone at night even though the street appears empty. This is not within walking distance to the attractions of DC, but public transportation is close. Also, the wireless internet is hit or miss too depending on where you are sitting.

With all that said, I would stay here again as it was clean and a good value.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bexroadtripper
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

This is a great B&B with very spacious rooms. each suite has a living room, kitchen and separate bedroom(s). We stay here every time we go to DC to see my son at CUA. You won't find a better value anywhere. I hear people say the neighborhood can be questionable but we've never seen anything bad. It's like alot of areas in DC, don't go walking around at night alone. We're staying here again next month

Room Tip: there's no elevator but its only 3 stories
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank margaret T
Wisconsin, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

The rooms were nice but the locks were not very sturdy. There was a bathroom, bedroom, living room and kitchen. The lobby had a combination push-pad lock that had the relevant numbers worn off by repeated punch-ins. They provided in-suite food in the refrigerator but the inn is located in a questionable neighborhood and there were police sirens every five minutes that evening as I tried to sleep. Online service was great but it was hard to find the "innkeeper" to check out the next morning to head out for my interview. For a college-age, smalltown Midwestern girl, it was a nerve-wracking experience. Probably less so for those with more experience in big cities and more travels under their belt.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Erin D
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

Just got back from my first visit to DC and had a wonderful stay! The Brookland Inn is a cute B&B just outside of the main city area. The metro stop is only about a block away, which was great for our purposes. My friend and I stayed in a one bedroom suite and were very pleasantly surprised with the room - or apartment as it seemed. The kitchen was well stocked with muffins (chocolate chip were delicious!), yogurt, oatmeal, cereal etc. This was great for the mornings! It was very nice to have a living room area separate from the bedroom. Bathroom has some water marks on the ceiling, but didn't really effect our stay. We were there for 3 nights and it felt more like home than a hotel. We came in later at night and there was a key waiting for us on our arrival. Check out was very simple as well, just signed some paperwork and left the key in the room. Neighborhood looked ok. As a girl alone, might be questionable, but I was staying with a friend so turned out fine. Overall, great experience and I would stay here again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank KristinS13
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

I would recommend the Brookland Inn to anyone that is new to the area. Very comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Washington DC
Homewood Suites by Hilton Washin...
#96 of 140 in Washington DC
Cardozo Guest House
#12 of 35 in Washington DC
Upper Northwest
Ledroit Park Renaissance Bed And Breakfast
Ledroit Park Renaissance Bed And...
#19 of 35 in Washington DC
Heaven on Washington - Heart of ...
#10 of 36 in Washington DC

Been to The Brookland Inn? Share your experiences!