“great food. Got the blue mussels which were very tasty. Got 6 oysters also very good. Would go back”
Review of Hank's Oyster Bar

Hank's Oyster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Hank's Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 3,216 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Description: Hank's Oyster Bar
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed June 16, 2009

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Los Angeles, California
“hanks has great scallops and great service way too small portions for money”
Reviewed June 9, 2009

went to hanks on q st on last day in dc and ordered the fresh scallops that were on the board. The service was fabulous. Started out meal with goldfish crackers. Then I ordered scallops and they served me 5--that's right 5 seared scallops. If I had noy ordered for an extra 5 bucks onion rings and ate bread I would have starved. It was 212 bucks for 5 scallops. I would suggest eating before you go, so you won't be hungry when you leave!!

SW MO
“Best seafood dinner I have ever had”
Reviewed June 7, 2009

We took a taxi to Hank's after reading some reviews. We were not disappointed. We started with a variety of fresh oysters. I then had the locally caught sable fish. I had never had this fish before and it was delicious. My husband had pasta with crab and squid ink. It was also delicious. They have a good beer and wine selection as well. No dessert offered but they do bring you chocolate to finish off the meal. It is expensive but no more so than any decent seafood restaurant in DC.

Boston, Mass.
“Nice change of Pace.”
Reviewed May 19, 2009

Decided to walk from the Mall to check out Hank's and I would have to say it was a nice change of pace. Being from Boston we have high expectations on seafood and I would say the Hank's measured up. The PE Oysters were great and the fried oyster Po Boy was very good. My wife had a mussel dish that she devoured (thought she might eat the shells too). Reminded me of Boston's South End, very ecclectic.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“disappointed with their...”
Reviewed April 4, 2009

disappointed with their ceviche, i think all seafood restaurants should have a good ceviche.