“Happy Hour”
Review of Hank's Oyster Bar

Hank's Oyster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Hank's Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 3,213 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Description: Hank's Oyster Bar
Frederick, Maryland
“Happy Hour”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The place was packed at the bar- never saw the restaurant- we were lucky to find two seats together, not a lot of standing room. Obvious mix of regulars and vacationers; bartenders equally attentive to all. We just had drinks but it was a welcoming environment with some good microbrews to choose from.

Visited April 2014

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great neighborhood find”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

We stumbled on this spot and had a great table outside under a heat lamp. Great food! Three of us had the oyster po' boy and thought it was excellent. The roasted broccoli made my non-broccoli eating son a fan!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Rebecca S
Antonito, Colorado
“Amazing”
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

I went to Hanks after searching trip advisor for good seafood restaurants in D.C. I went alone as my business partner had a night out with a relative. I was sat near the bar and had an excellent waiter. Not knowing how big the ceviche appetizer was, I ordered it on top of the spectacular oysters on the half shell. It was the perfect blend of spices and lime. I haven't had ceviche before with calamari but this one has a great pairing with shrimp and a white fish. Yummy! The oyster Po Boy sandwich was recommended which was even better than I've had in Louisiana. I highly encourage you to try Hanks Oyster Bar your taste buds will be pleasantly surprised.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Constance R
Chesterfield, Michigan
“Pretty good”
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

A little difficult to find but food was delicious. I had snapper and my husband had the rockfish. It was delicious but very expensive.

Bethesda, Maryland
“Excellent brunch spot”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We stopped in at Hank's for brunch one quiet Sunday afternoon. We liked both the location on a pretty street in Dupont, and the bright, lively space. Our server was attentive, friendly, and familiar with the menu. My husband gave a thumbs-up to the Bloody Mary. Both of our dishes were also excellent. My fish sandwich tasted fresh and well-seasoned, while the mussels my husband ordered were delectable. A great experience. We will return!

• Visited January 2014