“Amazing” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hank's Oyster Bar

Hank's Oyster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Hank's Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 3,189 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Antonito, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

I went to Hanks after searching trip advisor for good seafood restaurants in D.C. I went alone as my business partner had a night out with a relative. I was sat near the bar and had an excellent waiter. Not knowing how big the ceviche appetizer was, I ordered it on top of the spectacular oysters on the half shell. It was the perfect blend of spices and lime. I haven't had ceviche before with calamari but this one has a great pairing with shrimp and a white fish. Yummy! The oyster Po Boy sandwich was recommended which was even better than I've had in Louisiana. I highly encourage you to try Hanks Oyster Bar your taste buds will be pleasantly surprised.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Constance R

Chesterfield, Michigan
“Pretty good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

A little difficult to find but food was delicious. I had snapper and my husband had the rockfish. It was delicious but very expensive.

Bethesda, Maryland
“Excellent brunch spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

We stopped in at Hank's for brunch one quiet Sunday afternoon. We liked both the location on a pretty street in Dupont, and the bright, lively space. Our server was attentive, friendly, and familiar with the menu. My husband gave a thumbs-up to the Bloody Mary. Both of our dishes were also excellent. My fish sandwich tasted fresh and well-seasoned, while the mussels my husband ordered were delectable. A great experience. We will return!

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Oysters to die for!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Excellent service, excellent oysters - does what it says on the tin...... My husband (not an oyster fan) thoroughly enjoyed the popcorn calamari and ceviche

Visited March 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Perfect Weekend Lunch/Brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

Fantastic oysters and incredible lobster rolls. The outdoor seating area was quaint and had heat lamps. I loved the extras - goldfish prior to service and delicious dark chocolate after service. The oysters were fresh and fantastic and the old bay fries were pretty darn tasty, too.

Visited February 2014