“Oysters all Day”
Review of Hank's Oyster Bar

Hank's Oyster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Hank's Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 3,213 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Description: Hank's Oyster Bar
“Oysters all Day”
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Great variety of oysters. Happy hour is a deal. $1 an Oyster,but served only in the bar. 20's crowd at HH but gets more cosmopolitan after 7. Great seafood all around.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Crm22

Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Great Seafood”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The oysters were fried to perfection, and with the ale carte sides, I chose tomatoes with garlic and basil and Mac & cheese, the meal was wonderful. I ate outside which enhanced the eating experience. Their menu changes, offering new specials daily.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Mary M
Toronto
“Classic oyster house”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Terrific selection of oysters, and an outstanding tuna tartare accompanied by a perfectly balanced ginger lime cream. Great bustling atmosphere. No reservations, but you can call 30 minutes before your arrival to put yourself on the wait list. Otherwise be prepared to wait for a table.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Jandy49
Nassau, New Providence Island
“Don't miss if your in DC”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Everyone needs to go to Hank's oyster bar. We went on our first night in DC. If your there visiting its a tough call if you should go right away or save it for last because you will be comparing oysters the entire time as nothing beats Hanks. Upon arrival (around 10.00pm) we asked if we could be seated outside - apparently that wasn't an option and was told no without a blink of an eye. We then asked if we could sit close to a window, that too wasn't received well and we were told that the window tables were only for 4 and we were 2. I was actually ready to leave at that point having travelled all day and night to get to DC from The Bahamas but my dining companion suggested we give them a chance. I am glad I did. Matthew our server made up for our icey first impressions and once our food came, I understood why they are snobby. They have every right to be. The raw oysters are divine - words cannot do justice. They are so fresh (the restaurant apparently doesnt own a freezer) not overly briney...just go.Quick! The Bbq'd oysters are prepared with hot sauce, breadcrumbs and butter... you can't really go wrong wth that combo were scrumptious even for my non oyster eating counterpart. The rest of the meal we had crab cakes, ceasar salad with white anchovies, mac and cheesy(wowsers!!) and the onion rings. I wish I had the collard greens but will save that for next time. The wine was excellent too...very refreshing oaky chardonnay - perfect match to the oysters. Check it out my people!! They have a location in Capitol Hill also.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank nevermind2007
The Villages, Florida
“Still Good Seafood”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I have been to the one in Old Town Alexandria, Va but not to the one in DC. This is bigger with outside patio. Fried Oyster dinner was very good. Oysters were quite large and juicy. Caramari was soft, not chewy. They did not have Kumamoto oysters but my wife had whatever the equivalent and she liked it. Our friends had small octopus and apparently they were good. As a side I had onion rings instead of French fries for $2 extra but was disappointed. They should use larger onions as mine was not juicy. Also I didn't like glass of wine not filled to the brim. These wines are not top of the line but house wine so don't fill it just a third. Though was nice to have Ugni Blanc as a house wine. Not bad. Love the touch of dark chocolate at the end of meal free.

• Visited April 2013