Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM, 7:00 PM - 7:30 PM

from $45.00
from $45.00
from $59.00
5,512 results
All reviews night tour tour guide tom thompson red loop day pass hop on hop top deck wax museum bus driver great tour lincoln memorial white house sights narrator henry ponchos overview
Reviewed today

Cassie was amazing! She brought the city to life. We enjoyed her personality, intelligence and communication skills very much. She was able to answer questions and provide insights that reflected impressive depth of knowledge. We highly recommend this tour.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

The night tour was gorgeous. The rest was informational but....it took so long to get anywhere it was almost better for us to walk it. In addition, we were on a holiday weekend and the last busses were full as can be, as well as cold.

1  Thank kklamb88
Reviewed yesterday

Great way to see the city, become oriented and learn more from live guides! We bought a 2-day pass and used every minute of it. They take you to within walking distance of most of the museums and attractions. Very worth the price of the tickets!

Reviewed 2 days ago

We did the two day Big Bus tour which we found really good. Were able to catch the bus in Pentagon City which was only a short walk from Embassy Suites. From here we were able to do all the routes to see the main places of interest. The bus guides were good but Tom Thompson was exceptional.

2  Thank Y8143TDjohns
Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

I usually love Hop on/off tours. I’ve been on many in many cities and I would say this one was the weakest. First off, they say everywhere that their night tour starts at 7:30 but when myself and other angry tourists showed up we were given some story about how it’s 6:30 now because of the time change - well I bought my ticket the day of and it definitely said 7:30 and the time change was over a week ago. Since I only had one night left I couldn’t do the night tour I paid for which was a shared issue amongst a large group of strangers in Union Station.

They didn’t have many buses. I waited for a really long time - 30 to 50 minutes at a stop. As well, we were packed in like sardines on the bus at the end of the day with standing room only - couldn’t even see out the windows. As a result I barely got to enjoy the sites and museums I planned on.

It was over 62$ USD for my ticket and I am going to contact them to see if I can get at least the portion for my night tour refunded.

Reviewed 2 days ago

We took our three kids, ages 13, 11, and 8, on the night tour of DC at the end of October. Our tour guide was named Cassie S.. She was amazing. She did a great job making everyone feel welcome and did her best to make sure we were comfortable. She also did a great job sharing history and facts about the city. It was downright cold during our night tour and since we had been touring all day, we couldn't exactly bring a blanket. It was so cold, that we did not feel comfortable riding on the top of the bus. Oddly, the tour bus is wrapped with a sticker that covers the windows on the bus, making visibility from inside very limited. We found it strange that a tour bus company would cover the windows with a sticker. We had to open the windows to take pictures, which wasn't convenient. The bus was really bumpy, loud and uncomfortable. We would not recommend the night tour if weather doesn't allow you to sit on the top of the bus. The sights were pretty all lit up at night. Perhaps another company provides a better experience.

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

Alicia was an awesome tour guide! She was energetic, yet very informative. We got on the tour at the Willard Hotel due to being in the area from our day hop on hop off bus with two different guides. Alicia’s was our favorite and made the tour very enjoyable. Dave and her even drove us back to our original hop on spot, Union Station where we discussed coming to celebrate my son’s 14th birthday. They both wished him a Happy Birthday! I would highly recommend taking a night tour. It was nice seeing all of the stops in one tour without any stops except at Lincoln Memorial, where we walked up to the Memorial to take pictures.

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

We paid a two days tour with big bus company (hop on hop off) in Washington DC. After 30 minutes of trip, the bus stop and the driver said that we have to wait 45 minutes. It’s a rainy day and we were with our 11 months baby. We changed the bus, but in the middle of the way they changed the way. They spoke one way when we board the bus and they changed. We had to go down in a different place and had to walk 10 minutes in the rain to find the museum. The majority of big bus officers were very rude and uninformed.

Reviewed 4 days ago

A mistake! And what made it bigger mistake is that we booked also the night tour which was worse than the daytime one. The daytime one: they will tell you that they will continue the tour then they driver will park and say ,, that’s it.
The night one, no clear information on waiting point then suddenly there was a que!! two ladies from the staff will keep loudly chatting one in the front and the other in the back of the bus. It was rainy and cold and they used a bus without a top for the upper level. The explanation was not clear.

Reviewed 4 days ago

Although it is advertised that it leaves at 6:30p, apparently that time is for when the “queue” stats to form. We eventually started moving by 7:20pm.

The tour itself is very nice to see with live english commentary, and I suggest that you do this the day before you start hop-on-hop-off bus tour, as it gives you an idea of what route will be of interest.

Finally, they say it is a none-stop tour but we did stop and walked at the Lincoln Memorial.