“Ready for Tacos”
Review of District Taco -

District Taco -
Ranked #497 of 3,558 Restaurants in Washington DC
Description: Our mission is to serve quality Mexican (Yucatan style!) food that is fresh, simple and healthy. All of our Mexican food is made fresh daily from quality ingredients. We also offer delicious Mexican Catering. Work with us for your next fiesta!
Reviewed April 13, 2017 via mobile

This was our first visit. After a long trip we wanted a nice dinner without having to make a fuss. The order process is fun. You tell them what you want and they build it. The staff are very helpful and friendly. I ordered 3 chicken tacos, daughter order 3 shrimp tacos and hubby ordered a special burrito. All were amazing. There is a
condiments bar with all sorts of sauces, salsa, pico something.
We also ordered guacamole and chips. Amazing.
Comfortable seating, great for small or large groups.
All total about $40.00
You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed April 9, 2017

I read a lot of great reviews about gluten-free options at District Taco (and that they have a dedicated allergen menu on their website), so I wasn't worried one bit about finding GF, but I do have a pepper allergy as well and that can be hit or miss when it comes to Americanized Mexican food. The cashier likely thought I was a bit nutty when I nearly squealed when he told me that there were no peppers in their beans, rice, OR guacamole. And it did not disappoint. I ended up going here twice during my one day stop in DC for business because my burrito bowls were so good! Flavorful and so simple, it's just the way Mexican food should taste like. The only thing that I'm not a fan of is their natural cane sugar soda fountain (I'm a Pepsi girl!), but 100% willing to overlook that each time for their rice and guac. The cilantro lime rice still haunts my tastebuds! I keep holding out hope they open up a location in southeastern Virginia.

Reviewed February 6, 2017

compared to other restaurants that sell this type of fast food its way below. the system of ordering the food is a bit complicated provided no advice is given on what you mix and eventually you end up with a non edible tacos

Reviewed January 23, 2017

Meals are prepared in front of you so you can see that the food is fresh and the preparation space is clean. Sometimes it can get a little loud when its full, but even at the busiest times, there has been somewhere to sit. The District Taco on Capitol Hill is superior to the one downtown. There are coloring pages for kids. Free, secure wifi.

Reviewed January 21, 2017

Excellent tacos and taco salad. We all agreed in our party of 3 including one California boy who is very picky. Very affordable too. Good service. Only problem was finding a place to sit to eat.