“A B&B that sets the standard for all B&Bs”

Embassy Circle Guest House
Ranked #2 of 36 Washington DC B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 15, 2010

From the moment we arrived, when we greeted by hosts Laura and Raymond, we felt special. They made us feel welcome, relaxed, amongst friends and in the company of people who really understand how to run a professional B&B.

Nothing was too hard for them. They dropped their guests at train stations, conference venues, the movies and even took us out for a drive when it was apparent that we were at a loose end and they had time. Now, maybe we were there at the low season (Jan) and you should not expect to be treated as we were - but I suspect that they'd manage to go well beyond people's expectations, no matter how busy the B&B is!

Our rooms (and the others we saw too - there are 11) were beautifully set up, large, absolutely spotless and totally in keeping with the embassies that circled the B&B.

We chose a B&B because it would mean we could possibly meet a few people - and that's exactly what happened. This B&B attracts some very pleasant people and we'd chat about what we were each going to do in the morning and then meet up at the end of the day with a few nibbles and a glass of wine (or perhaps two glasses) in the evening.

Don't hestitate to book here - wonderful people, wonderful venue and exceptional value for money!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 12, 2010

In DC for a business meeting or just to enjoy the sites, Embassy Circle is a great find.
For location, ease of travel on the metro, and extras, this is the place to stay. The morning breakfast may not appeal to those Americans who want a large pancake, egg, and sausage fest but for seasoned and international travelers you will appreciate the great offerings, variety and quality. The afternoon wine accompanied with superb eats and the company of other guests is grand. The owners are top quality and offer many services unseen elsewhere including offers to drive guests to limited local places. Saturday nights are often special when Raymond provides the guests a gourmet meal "just for fun".
Free wireless throughout as well as an impeccable staff rounded out the wonderful stay.
We were staying for business and a bit of vacation and the B&B was a perfect place. We will stay there again and we recommend it highly.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 11, 2010

Having arranged a surprise birthday trip to D.C. for my wife, as well as for family members from the U.K., I was not sure what to expect from this first visit to the Embassy Circle. In fact, we found a warm welcome, generous hospitality, very attractive and comfortable accommodation, and a willingness to adapt to unexpected delays to flights, etc. The hosts, Laura and Raymond Saba, and their staff could not have been more helpful - including helping to maintain the surprise element. Meeting them and the other guests was more like getting together with family. The rooms had a subdued elegance but the atmosphere was relaxed and pleasant. Our three-night stay was a great success. I have no hesitation in recommending this guest house.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 5, 2010

Its a long way from Melbourne, Australia to Washington DC and December 2009 was my 5th trip. Twice I have stayed in fancy hotels and twice I have stayed in B and B's. I have always been left a little disappointed. So it was with some trepidation that I booked in at the Embassy Circle Guest House. But this Guest House was simply wonderful. My room was beautiful and vast. I had fabulous windows and fresh air. It was scrupulously clean and scrubbed every day. The bed was divine and the broad band fast and faultless and free. There was heaps of room and a nice desk and sofa. And no television. What bliss. But better than this were Laura and Raymond (the owners) who really went out of there way to make sure that I was OK and comfortable. They are really nice and genuine and extremely well read. We had such great times with the other guests at 6pm drinks and nibbles. I wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else. Its a little bit weird to admit this, bit it was kind of sad to leave. And I have been home about 4 weeks and I still miss them and their fabulous Embassy Circle Guest House. And breakfast and the newspapers are just great. I can't wait to return.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 30, 2009

I am a DC local. When two British friends (women) visited me this summer, there was no where else I could recommend they stay. They had a basement room, which was actually about as bright and cheerful and clean as it gets. The inn is wonderfully decorated with old Washington charm infused with the taste of 20th century art lovers, and does not have a tv in the sitting room, which encourages guests to get to know one another and share tips on getting around DC. It's a gorgeous place, close to all kinds of restaurants and the DuPont North Metro Stop in NW DC is just a couple of blocks away. The neighborhood is a safe area and an easy jaunt from all the monuments, etc. I would recommend it to just about anyone. The owners are lovely people who have a natural ability to make guests feel at home and welcome.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank NoVaGirl007
Reviewed December 30, 2009

My wife and I spent our anniversary with Raymond and Laura as guest in their home. Their warmth and hospitality is genuine. And Raymond's story of his modest beginning is worthy hearing and marveling about. For us the guest we met while staying allowed us to realize there are extraordinary people that do exceptional things which we have a lot in come. There was a couple from the UK, China, and a gentleman from Canada who were delightful to talk especially with Raymond or Laura breaking the barriers that often inhibit conversation. And with Raymond doing a spur of the moment of h’orderves, a couple of evenings we skipped going out for dinner. We brought to one gathering a wine from a country we had traveled which happened to be Japan. Their suggestion for sightseeing was quite helpful. In all we met a wonderful host and hostess, delightful international vacationers and saw the sights of DC. A wonderful experience

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Texan91467
Reviewed December 23, 2009

There really are not enough good things to say about this lovely B&B. Myself and my partner stayed there for 3 nights at the begining of December and it was fantastic. Laura and Raymond are the perfect hosts and it is more like stay in someones (very posh) house than in a B&B. You instantly feel so at home and looked after. The location is great, near to the metro in a lovely part of town with lots of place to eat and drink nearby. The Rooms are big, airy and beautifully decorated. All in all I give it 10 out of 10 for everything, the only negative was that we couldn't stay longer. When we return to Washington there will be no other place to stay!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple