“Prefer the bar seating and light bites over a full meal - fun/posh bar.”

Central Michel Richard
Reserve with OpenTable
Central Michel Richard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 3,298 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: 11th
Transit: walk from Archives/Navy Memorial, Federal Triangle, or Metro Center
Description: Central Michel Richard Restaurant in Washington DC.
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 2, 2008

Prefer the bar seating and light bites over a full meal - fun/posh bar.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 1, 2008

KitKat Bar for Dessert - a must try!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 31, 2007

They obligingly managed to fit our tourist family of 3 in without a reservation at 8pm on 23rd December when the place was packed. Service was good and the menu eclectic. Our favourites were the duck with spaetzle, cheese gougere, and the brussel sprouts which were mouthwatering. The Kit Kat bar and chocolate mousse definitely hit the spot too. The decor is modern but comfortable. Price wise we thought it similar to LA where we live. It would fast become a favourite place to eat if we lived in DC.

1  Thank KiwisLA
Reviewed December 30, 2007

We go back again and again.
Not huge fans of Citronelle, but Michelle Richard makes HUGE strides in this new, modern bistro. Every single menu item is great. The bar is busy and interesting and the wait staff is welcoming. The tuna burger is to die for! We will go back until we are banned! I cannot say enough!
We founf=d the bartenders initially to be a little too full of themselves, but Michelle must have gotton the word and made changes. We have been impressed with professional and friendly wait staff since.

1  Thank sweetswededoc
Reviewed December 30, 2007

I'm glad my stepson suggested Central for our lunch together on Friday
after a morning viewing the Turner exhibition at the National Gallery.
At his suggestion I ordered the shrimp burger with an especially lovely green salad (in place of fries). Very, very good, but I expect I'll remember Central most of all as the spot where I enjoyed my first
taste of steak tartar (his appetizer). I was grateful for a sample of my husband's crab cake with leek tartar, too. Definitely we'd like to return to Central the next time we're in DC (and request a spot by the
open kitchen.)