“Good for breakfast.”

Open City
Ranked #88 of 3,216 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Upper Northwest
Montreal, Canada
“Good for breakfast.”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I was staying at the Omni Shoreham hotel nearby and i had breakfast every monrning. Coffee is good and breakfast is OK, don't order the omelettes, the're prettys bads. The rest is ok. Very busy on w-e, comme early. Service is fast and professional.

New Jersey, United States
“Tasty Dinner”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We had dinner at Open City just a week ago when staying at the Omni Shoreham. We had never been there before and was pleasantly surprised. The food was good and affordable. The service was friendly and quick. My only complaint was that we ate in the side room and the floor was quite dirty with old french fries and other food just collecting. However, despite that, we really enjoyed our dinner and would definitely go back on our next trip.

Chicago, IL
“Great brunch spot! Plus gluten free options!”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

We loved this popular DC restaurant. Apparently it is always busy. We were handed a pager when we checked in, but it wasn't a long wait. We were there for brunch/lunch. They had a excellent coffee menu, but I only ordered a cup of coffee and was told there was a fee for refills. We had ordered a meal, so was surprised to learn that during brunch service I needed to pay for a refill. I have never encountered this before. Other than that it was a great meal. My gluten free family was thrilled with the awesome gluten free mac and cheese. They also had gluten free pizza. We were surprised that they didn't have gluten free bread for my husbands burger. It was a great burger and he was fine with it served on a bed of lettuce, but you would think with the other gluten free offerings they would have gluten free bread. Overall, it was a minor inconvenience. There was attractive outdoor seating, but was a little chilly for us to brave it. It is on a busy street, but Rock Creek Parkway is just across the street. A great urban restaurant with a view of the beautiful parkway. This is a fun bustling urban coffee shop/restaurant/bar. It looks like it must be busy all day with all they have to offer. Will definitely return on our next trip to DC.

Visited April 2014
Arlington, VA
“Bad Service Mediocre Food”
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Arrived early Sunday and seated ourselves per the sign. After sitting unattended for 10 minutes I flagged down a busboy to get a menu. A table near us caught the waitresses attention as they were ready to give up on service and leave. I snagged the same waitress. The kitchen is extremely fast, however so once you get someone to pay attention to you, you do get your food. Let me add that this is probably my 15th visit-- but it is my last. The food was awful. The poached eggs came swimming in water on a soggy piece of lettuce and the "crispy " bacon was rare. After I asked to have it crisped up in came back completely blacked-- burned in the microwave. So that's it I'm done. We have had enough of their crummy service and irregular kitchen.

1 Thank VAsokrmom
Midlothian, Virginia
“1st trip with our four kids”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

The food and service at Open City were great! And the kids thought it was cool that the restaurant served breakfast all day! I ordered the California Omelet, and it was delicious. If you like avocados, this is a great dish! And try the homemade Bloody Mary, if you like a little spiciness. I definitely could taste Old Bay! Open City is definitely a favorite in this area of town. Whenever we walked by, the place was always busy!

Visited April 2014