“Don't sit outside in the summer”
Review of Open City

Open City
Ranked #97 of 3,229 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Upper Northwest
Easton, Pennsylvania
“Don't sit outside in the summer”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We ate breakfast here two mornings. The food was very good and plentiful. It was very hot the days we were in Washington so I would not recommend sitting outside in the humidity. For a table inside, there was a bit of a wait (we went around 8:30 a.m.).

Visited July 2013

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Eatery”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I loved this restaurant. I happened across it on trip advisor and with good reviews and the location being so near my hotel, decided to give it a go. My friend and I went around lunch on a Saturday and despite there being a long queue, only had to wait about half an hour. The food was well worth the wait. They have a diverse menu that includes "all day breakfast" and brunch items, as well as full lunch and dinner options. They serve an Iced Chai Latte that is by far the best I've ever had. I had the OC burrito that included chorizo and was served with hashbrowns and I added a buttermilk cornmeal pancake that was amazing! I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone in the DC area, especially for breakfast/brunch.

1 Thank klbouldin
Halifax, UK
“Unimpressed”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We were recommended this restaurant for Sunday breakfast and had to wait for a table. However we found the place to be dirty and requested clean cutlery. The waiting staff were all young and appeared inexperienced as well as being shabbily dressed. The eggs although over easy we're under cooked and the egg white was raw and runny. I also hate old plastic glasses for drinks. I asked for English breakfast tea but they didn't have that as a choice. The prices were not cheap either. I will not be going back

Visited July 2013
Maine
“Excellent Food at Very Reasonable Prices”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed at the Omni Shoreham for a week across the road from Open City. We enjoyed meals and desserts throughout the week. The staff was professional and pleasant. The food was excellent. We share pizzas one night. Everyone loved them. I enjoyed the PEI Mussels another night. The prices were very reasonable for the quality of food. They have a nice place to sit outside, a patio room that is very comfortable to go along with their inside seating. Give this place a try and you will go back!

Glenview, Illinois
“Great local restaurant in Woodley Park by Zoo”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We ate here 4 days in a row as it was just down the block from the hotel we were at, The Marriott Wardman. The service was friendly, timely and not excessive. Food options were great, ranging from b'fast (10:35 which is a burger, egg and ham on an English Muffin - YUM!) and their whole grain pancakes to their skirt steak, mussels, etc... kids menus are comprehensive and prices all around are VERY reasonable. Go early on Sunday mornings as it is more crowded than usual.