“Gluten-Free friendly (plus vegan and meat lover friendly)”
Review of Open City

Open City
Ranked #111 of 3,237 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Upper Northwest
Muncie, Indiana
“Gluten-Free friendly (plus vegan and meat lover friendly)”
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

One of our favorites when in DC. You can't really go wrong with anything on the menu. The place is always busy, meaning the staff may struggle to keep up but they are always friendly. Menu items labeled as gluten free (as well as vegan or vegetarian). The gluten free pizzas are excellent. I had the turkey and bacon in a pastry shell, which was good too.

• Visited June 2013

Springfield, Massachusetts
“A pleasant surprise”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Delicious offerings, delightful cocktails and an informed menu. Guests will be pleased that the menu clearly states which options are vegetarian, vegan or gluten free. Had a scrumptious flank steak salad and OC cocktail without breaking the bank. Located close to my hotel (Omni Shoreham) with far more accessible fare. Lovely atmosphere with indoor and outdoor tables. Efficient and friendly staff. Only wishI had left room for dessert.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank apeavey
“The BEST breakfast (and beer) near the Omni Shoreham Hotel”
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Took some good advice and made this our breakfast stop while staying at the Omni Shoreham. We also ate there a couple of evenings - the chorizo pizza was particularly good (the local beer isn't bad either!)
Great range of breakfast menus- we tried a few of them :-))
My particular recommendation is the Cuban Coffee - it is just pure nectar.
Service is excellent - but be warned it is busy at peak times - the locals love it too!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank AndyHeadworth
“Very good food at a good price”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Enjoyed dinner at Open City while staying at the Omni Shoreham hotel. Dinner was very good - I had steak frites which was very enjoyable and my dinner companion had the turkey club, half of which served as lunch the next day, as well. Also enjoyed a coffee to go the next day, which was also very good. All prices are very reasonable for city dining. We were able to dine outside at night, and it seemed that we arrived after the crowds, as we overheard folks talking about dinner being worth the wait.

• Visited May 2013
“Went three days in a row!”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

This restaurant was right across the street from the hotel my hubby and I were staying in. Due to the convenience (and my hubby's love of repetition) we went to this diner every morning. The food was very good. My hubby had the same thing every morning (the salmon scramble, obviously he LOVED it) I on the other hand (due to the fact that I'm a woman I'm told) had something different everyday; the first day I had the french toast (so-so), the next day I had the chicken and waffles (meh), and the third day I had the breakfast quesadilla, let me save you the guess work I went through, get the quesadilla! For me, that dish saved this restaurant from being average to being very good! To get excellent all the dishes would have had to have been very good for me, which they weren't. All in all, I liked the service and the food was good, so I would definitely recommend this restaurant. You're welcome! :-)

• Visited May 2013