“Great Location and Staff”

Renaissance Washington
Ranked #461 of 3,237 Restaurants in Washington DC
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: 9th street NW and K St NW
Transit: : We are located 2 blocks from the Gallery Place/Chinatown stop on the Metros Yellow or Green line. For the Red, Orange or Blue line, please use the Metro Center stop, which is 3 blocks away.
Chicago
“Great Location and Staff”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

My decision to stay at Renaissance was based on location (restaurants, transportation, attractions), past DC hotel stays (room and comfort) and hotel reviews (TripAdvisor.com). I was apprehensive because reviews cited nearby construction at the corner of 9th and H Street. However, it was subtle. I could hear conversation through the adjoining room door but our neighbors were quiet the remainder of the nights. The first morning, one slight annoyance occurred with Housekeeping knocking on everyone's door at 8:30am and maintenance changed a door lock battery at 9:30am. Otherwise, the positives are location, comfort and staff friendliness. We ate at the China Town Express (several times), Teaism, Corner Bakery, McDonalds, Ruby Tuesday and Gordon Biersch. These restaurants are all within walking distance and reasonably priced ($$-$$$). The Metro bus is located outside all hotel entrances and train within a 10 minute walk. Reagan Airport is a 20 minute commute at $1.30 compared to a $20 taxi one way ride. The Mall is an eight block walk to the main museums, Air & Space, Natural and American History, etc. Our room was spacious for a double. The washroom was a bit small, but most inner budget DC hotels I've stayed are about the same. The hotel staff was very friendly. From the moment we arrived, the desk clerk was helpful providing maps, dining suggestions and answering other questions throughout our stay. Without asking, my check out time was extended when I mentioned our late checkout date flight. Kudos goes out to the bar tender who gave my 11 year old son three bottles of free milk till we could buy more the next day. On our last day, we left our bags with Renaissance so we could finish touring DC. We took advantage of their ornate lobby lounging the last hour before catching the Metro for Reagan.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank Jeff A

Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Moldy food at 15 Squares? Yes, really. I give it a zero rating.”
Reviewed March 26, 2009

In town for conference recently - Renaissance co-hosting hotel. Tried the restaurant, with a friend, for lunch one day and was horrified to be served moldy veggies. Not a crisis until the plate went back to the kitchen and returned with a new batch: still with mold. The true offense: they then tried to charge me for the meal, without management so much as coming to the table to discuss the event. My companion, so you know, had an uneventful meal. I'd have to be starving to eat here again - cant recommend it. Cant speak to the hotel rooms, adequate conference rooms.

OR
“mouse in the restaurant!”
Reviewed November 26, 2006

The above says it all. The staff was apologetic but I was traumatized. If you are uncomfortable with vermin in your food I suggest avoiding this hotel