“Definitely enjoyed”

8:00 PM
OR
Ranked #553 of 3,874 Restaurants in Washington DC
Reviewed March 12, 2019

Bidwell is definitely a good choice if you are into oysters as they offer $2.00 local oysters on the half-shell. Delicious! they don't have as much variety in selection like other places, but that price is worth it. The rest of their food is certainly different, and most of it is quite delicious. The kale salad was especially delicious. We also tried the Bidwell Burger, which I though was also quite good. It is decently not worth it to purchase their macaroni and cheese appetizer, though. It is $8.00 and served in a very small pan! Not worth it. It is very nice that they are so accommodating for people eating gluten free, though.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed February 15, 2019

We went here for Valentine's Day. There was a special Valentine's Day menu, with several courses, and a choice of two options for most courses. The food was excellent. The service was poor and extremely slow. They forgot to bring our second course and when we reminded them, they brought it after we already had our entrees. Then we waited an extremely long time for dessert. While we were waiting for dessert, someone brought us appetizers, thinking we had just come in. Lots of different servers came to our table and apparently they had trouble tracking which course we were on and how long we were waiting. The manager came over at one point (I think she was going around to all the tables and apologizing for the slow service) and she apologized but things just got worse after that and they didn't offer to reduce our bill.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 14, 2019

The restaurant is clean,airy and has an excellent choice of good food. Staff was friendly and attentive. Great place to sit and watch the snow fall!

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed January 5, 2019 via mobile

Although the food vendors were tempting, we had a family dinner at Bidwell’s. The waitress was attentive although a bit soft spoken. The charcoal pizza was a hit. The fried chicken was great.... super hot and juicy, good mashed potatoes and great green beans. The fettuccini with shrimp seemed to be sauce free so it was a little lacking in flavor. Overall quite good.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed November 27, 2018

This was the second time I ate at Bidwell's as it is good and very convenient to my son's apt. It was a family get-together of 7 people. The food was very good - I had the raclette grilled cheese for the second time; it has truffle oil and is yummy. Unfortunately it does not come with a side. One son had the linguine with shrimp, and he said it was just okay. Everyone else seemed to enjoy their food. The service was okay, although either the server or kitchen did not pay attention to a couple of what should have been easy requests. I ordered a garden salad which I told the waiter my mother and I would split because it is large (they don't appear to have small side-salads), and I wanted it with balsamic vinaigrette rather than the thousand island it normally comes with. She never brought another plate, and the salad came with the thousand island. It tasted good, and it wasn't worth returning or making a fuss as we were meeting our son's girlfriend's father for the first time. Second, my mother ordered two orders of fried oysters, which were appetizers (she LOVED them - said they were the best fried oysters she has ever had) as an entree, and instead of putting them on one plate, they were served on two separate plates. That wouldn't have been an issue except that the table was really too small for 7 people, and there wasn't room. The restaurant was fairly loud, and it wasn't full. Maybe some people like not being able to hear their conversations, but I prefer not having to shout. Some curtains or other sound-absorbing material might help.

Date of visit: November 2018