“Good experience but have been sick 3 days since the dinner”

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #75 of 3,725 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Brazilian, South American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: 11th St NW
Description: Fogo de ChaoR (fo-go dee shoun), is an authentic Southern Brazilian steakhouse. In 1979, FogoR began sharing the gaucho way of preparing meat in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Today, our gaucho chefs still expertly grill each of our 16 cuts of meat and offer you continuous tableside service. We invite you to enjoy the delicious preparations of our gaucho chefs along with our gourmet salad bar, authentic Brazilian side dishes, and award-winning wine list.
Reviewed November 8, 2018

Service and food tasted fine. The issue is My girlfriend and became sick within 30 minutes of eating. I feel fine now but she is still sick. I called the manager and hes a total jerk. Didn't empathize at all and basically called me a liar. I will never go back here again. It was supposed to be a special night but this place ruined it. They even offered to give me a free dinner to give them another chance. What a joke!

Date of visit: November 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,506)

Reviewed November 6, 2018

Great jobs, folks! You redeemed yourself this time. You must have read my last review and cleaned up your act. I was so mad last time. Anyway, I gave you a second chance and your proved yourself. THIS time, there was a polite young black girl with a genuinie smile and welcome greeting who sat us. THIS time we didn't have to wait 20 minutes to sit down.. THIS time, when leaving, the same hostess was and thanked us. THIS time, no lazy manager was sitting at one of the open tables in a closed-off room doing nothing. THIS time, four or five wait staff served not only your signature items (freshly cooked meat and poultry), but also served (by actually pouring) our San Pelegring water and constantly checking on us making sure we enjoyed the food. Nice diversity, too. I'll be back and thank you for heeding my last review and getting your service to where it should be: outstanding!

Reviewed November 6, 2018

Splendid location, a few blocks from the White House, in a historical building, nicely decorated. Food is mostly Brazilian meat using the green/read 'eat all you can' system. Good (but not stellar) meat quality and a rich buffet (great cheese!). A few fish and sea-food options are available for companions. Great wine list. Good service. Rather expensive, but hey, it's DC.

Reviewed November 5, 2018 via mobile

I couldn’t believe how much meat my family could eat. When the card is flipped to the green side, the waiters offer steak, chicken, sausages, and lamb until the card is changed to red. I ate only from the vegetable bar and the waiter would slice the meat right in front of me as if to tempt me to flip my card. I resisted. But the family loved it and ate with gusto.

The veggie bar is substantial and attractive. Beans, salads, cheeses, soups, salmon, fruits and assorted bites of this and that are simply marvelous to behold.

Reviewed October 30, 2018 via mobile

Love the atmosphere. Great food. Great service. Third time there and still lives up to expectations.

Date of visit: October 2018