“MMMM......MEATY MEAT! GOOD!”

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 3,298 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Brazilian, South American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: 11th St NW
Description: Fogo de ChaoR (fo-go dee shoun), is an authentic Southern Brazilian steakhouse. In 1979, FogoR began sharing the gaucho way of preparing meat in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Today, our gaucho chefs still expertly grill each of our 16 cuts of meat and offer you continuous tableside service. We invite you to enjoy the delicious preparations of our gaucho chefs along with our gourmet salad bar, authentic Brazilian side dishes, and award-winning wine list.
Reviewed June 25, 2013

LOVE THIS TYPE OF RESTAURANT! Ok, take a breath... Great location, stellar service, and pretty great food. First, let me complain (a little) and this is my only gripe. I wish the salad bar was more extensive. There, I said it. NOW, the steak is absolutely fabulous. My favorite, and you can't miss this, is the bacon wrapped filet, right up there with that was the garlic steak. The server actually offered rare, which I wanted, and he didn't have, so when he was able to wrangle a fresh batch he came by our table first. Melt in your mouth, tasty, oh my god, can't stop eating.... ugh, just writing this review, I want to go back! And those little cheesey rolls... anyway- they have a a decent wine list, although I would have enjoyed a zinfandel selection. So while we were enjoying our bottle, some how, some way, the universe did the impossible, and both my husband's glass, and my glass had a little gnat doing the backstroke (I swear this happened). The incredible staff was kind enough to comp us a fresh glass each, which we were grateful for. Thanks again guys! So dessert.... can you say bring on the treats?! We shared a piece of cheese cake, and also the chocolate layered cake.... worth every mile I'll have to run for every bite. Simply wonderful!

1  Thank dragondog

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Well-cooked, tasty MEAT. Excellent service. A good salad bar, as far as salad bars go. The chocolate mousse cake was pretty good too. All in all, a pretty great experience. The green side of the card is your friend.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Good experience at Fogo de Chao, but the place doesn't feel on the level of the prices: too packed with people, which are too close one to the other.

Meat was excellent and I tried all kinds :), but the chicken.
Also, the salads are amazing with a strong recommendation for tabule.

However: do there is you have't eat in 2-3 days and you know you can stop when you feel full. I actually didn't feel good afterwards.

If you are just visiting DC,it does not worth to try it. Better, go a typicall american steak house, there are plenty of them around.

Prices :
51.50 + tax/person for full dinner (salads + meat)
24 + tax for salads bar only (but for a women, it might be enogh), but then again, why would you go there, if you only want the salads?
4 + tax a coke
~ 9-10 USD a glass of wine.

1  Thank GlobetrotterRo
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Went to Fogo de Chao for hubby’s birthday lunch and had a pleasant experience. Very nice ambiance and fantastic service. Good salad selection, excellent (endless) meat cooked at different temperatures. The birthday (chocolate) cake was surprisingly wonderful! Two thumbs up!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Every time we (me and my family) go to Washington, D.C. we reserve a few hours to enjoy the great churrasco, and the service from the Brazilian Gauchos is great...I will go back again and again