“Meaty Goodness!”

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #73 of 3,559 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Brazilian, South American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: 11th St NW
Description: Fogo de ChaoR (fo-go dee shoun), is an authentic Southern Brazilian steakhouse. In 1979, FogoR began sharing the gaucho way of preparing meat in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Today, our gaucho chefs still expertly grill each of our 16 cuts of meat and offer you continuous tableside service. We invite you to enjoy the delicious preparations of our gaucho chefs along with our gourmet salad bar, authentic Brazilian side dishes, and award-winning wine list.
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Went to Fogo de Chao for hubby’s birthday lunch and had a pleasant experience. Very nice ambiance and fantastic service. Good salad selection, excellent (endless) meat cooked at different temperatures. The birthday (chocolate) cake was surprisingly wonderful! Two thumbs up!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,485)

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Every time we (me and my family) go to Washington, D.C. we reserve a few hours to enjoy the great churrasco, and the service from the Brazilian Gauchos is great...I will go back again and again

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have eaten here as part of a group, and then with a girlfriend. I would recommend coming to this restaurant as part of a large group, as the restaurant lends itself large parties. The food is really excellent. The range of food, and the quality of the buffet is second-to-none, but save room for the meat. If you are a lover of meat, then you will be in your element here. Everything was really so tasty, and cooked to perfection. The only thing I would critisise is the amount of salt used - too much. Arrive hungry, eat slowly and really savour all the wonderful flavours and varieties of the different meats and salads. It is expensive, but worth it.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Food, service and location were all top notch. Plenty of waitstaff, and the food just kept coming. This will cost you $$$ per person, so not the cheapest, but you get what you pay for - great service with excellent food. I love meat dishes, so this place fit me to a T. I never had to look for someone to help me with another drink, some more water, a new napkin or fresh plate - they all appeared as if by magic. I highly recommend this restaurant (if you can afford it)!.

Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

This is not a place to go if you are a vegetarian! They do have an amazing salad bar with plenty of meatless choices, but there is also meat everywhere you look so if you are turned off by this, then this is definitely not the place for you. However, if you do eat meat, you will be in Heaven! They have marinated chicken, lamb, pork and of course every cut of steak you desire. The service is amazing--they make you feel like royalty. I don't even know if they have dessert there; I can't imagine anyone ever having any room left! I feel like I need to be rolled out when I'm done.