“A must go to in dc”
Review of Blue Duck Tavern

Blue Duck Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Duck Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 3,213 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 24 & M Streets NW
Transit: Foggy Bottom Metro Station - Orange and Blue Lines Dupont Circle Metro Station - Red Line
Description: Blue Duck Tavern, a contemporary neighborhood restaurant, invites its guests to gather and celebrate in good taste with a menu focusing on the freshest ingredients available from local purveyors and artisans. The menu notes every farm where the main ingredient for the dish was raised before its journey to the table. Dishes are genuine, time-honored and traditional -- slow roasting in wood embers, braising, preserving and smoking techniques bring the true flavors of America's great, simple and wholesome foods to the Blue Duck Tavern. The restaurant has an elegant residential feel through the open staff pantry and kitchen, wood-burning oven and the showpiece Molteni range.
“A must go to in dc”
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

We did a staycation in dc and stayed at the park hyatt. Tried to have dinner but no availability. So we had breakfast . My wife had the short rib hash and I had the frittata . Excellent service , excellent food and unique atmosphere. It was fun watching the very tall expediter work getting all the dishes out efficiently. You have to eat here if you are in dc.

Panama
“Excelent”
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

I been there saturday 28,sep for lunch. Not realy lunch but was a brunch. All orders was very good, not unforgetable but correct. Cost for 2 around $ 160, 18% tip included. I will be back

Visited September 2013
washington, D.C.
“Excellent experience!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

My husband and I dined here on a recent Saturday evening. This was our third time at the restaurant, and this time seemed to be the best so far! Firstly, the restaurant is very attractive. Although in a hotel, it has lots of windows, and the tables are spread out over a large area, so it doesn't feel boxy and it isn't noisy. We were in a lovely alcove where we could hear each other talk! Our server was very good, and the service in general was excellent. The food was wonderful and creative. We both had fish dishes that were cooked to perfection and came with delicious vegetables. We also ordered a side of wild mushrooms which were spectacular! (and the portion was large, so we took leftovers for an omelet the next day).
The only disappointment was dessert. I am a true chocoholic, and there was only one chocolate dish on the menu: it was a chocolate and raspberry cake that didn't appeal to me. The other desserts were somewhat ordinary, so we skipped them.
But overall, I'd highly recommend this restaurant. It is not cheap, but it is also not the most expensive downtown DC restaurant, and I think the food was worth the prices.

Seattle, Washington
“Roast suckling pig.....YUM”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I will admit that pork is rarely something that catches my eye on a menu. Thank goodness for my husband, who ordered the suckling pig. It was absolutely delicious! Moist, tender, with a crispy, flavorful skin. It was amazing! I ordered the duck, and was not disappointed there either. Both entrees were lovely, and sides are served family style to encourage sharing. We ordered one side to share, and we could have easily ordered two. They're not overly large, so sharing more than one is not unreasonable.

Service was wonderful. A bit too loud and crowded to be considered romantic in my book, but an enjoyable atmosphere.

Oklahoma
“2nd visit, will be back AGAIN & AGAIN!”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We had an outstanding brunch today at Blue Duck Tavern. We could not get a dinner reservation as they were booked up, however brunch was no disappointment. Staff is superb and so friendly. And the food was all we hoped for, many selections that would suit the most discriminating guest. Delicious kale salad, and a flatbread with eggplant purée were starters for 2 of our party. Then crab cakes that were perfection. Also one in our group had tenderloin with eggs, and another fried chicken with a waffle, & slow bake poached egg. I have been here for dinner on another visit to DC, and Blue Duck Tavern will be a must visit on every trip. They had an excellent wine list & were thrilled with the wine we chose.