“Does not disappoint! ”

Get food delivered
Ranked #23 of 3,070 Restaurants in Washington DC
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Description: Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab is the culmination of a partnership between Lettuce Entertain You and Joe's Stone Crab, the legendary seafood restaurant of Miami Beach. Joe's features an extensive selection of seafood, flown in fresh daily, to complement the world's finest Florida Stone Crab claws. Joe's features the signature 16 oz. Bone-In Filet Mignon and 22 oz. New York Strip Steak. Matched with Joe's famous side dishes, dinner only gets better when capped with a slice of key lime pie. Defined by a standard of hospitality born a century ago, Joe’s offers a dining experience that is timeless. Tuxedo-clad service provides a sense of tradition, while delivering the warmth and caring service that has defined Joe’s since 1913.
Reviewed March 28, 2019 via mobile

We dined here while on a weekend trip to DC. We did not have reservations and were not exactly dressed for fine dinning (we had been sightseeing all day), but were seated right away. This was one of the best meals I have had in a long time! A must try are the Lyonnaise potatoes...they described them as hash with caramelized onions, but do not be mistaken...these were so good, I was craving them the next day! I ordered fish that was prepared perfectly and my husband had roasted chicken. Both dishes were very good. The atmosphere was nice and relaxing. I would go out of my way to visit this place in the future. The desserts were a bit large and a bit much after such a rich meal, at least for my taste.

Reviewed March 27, 2019 via mobile

This is the third time I have had dinner at Joe’s. The food and service is consistently food. Every one enjoyed their meal. We will be back

Reviewed March 27, 2019

The place can be quite busy, especially if seated near the bar where a lot of people sit chatting having drinks. However, the food was very good, tasty, nice presentation. Service could have been more friendly.

1  Thank Getaway826744
Reviewed March 27, 2019

My favorite restaurant in the world is Joe's Stone Crab in South Miami Beach since I first discovered it in 1977. When researching restaurants for my recent trip to D.C., I was surprised to see a restaurant there with "stone crab" in its name. When I saw the mention of the Weiss family, I knew I had to go and see if it could possibly be as good as my favorite.

After checking into my room at Hotel Hive that Sunday, I discovered I was only a mile away so I walked to Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab restaurant, passing the White House along the way. I was greeted by a Maitre D' in a tuxedo - a very good sign. Inside the beautifully renovated building, the vibe was a little less formal and less Hustle & bustle than Joe's, but even more elegant.

An expertly mixed lemon drop martini with a well-sugared rim was enjoyed while placing my order for select stone crab claws and hash brown potatoes. My female server delivered the familiar bread basket. I ate every bite of delectable stone crab with the famous signature mustard sauce, and made a dent in the generous portion of potatoes.

The lovely, immaculate restroom was located upstairs with a gorgeous staircase allowing an alternate view of the beautifully renovated space below - fluted columns, stained woodwork, large windows. As I left, I was thanked and invited to return. They can count on that!

1  Thank MzElaineous
Reviewed March 26, 2019

Dined here last night for dinner. The main dining room is very nice. Service was old school and excellent. Several high profile groups in here. The food was superb. The drinks were excellent. My favorite restaurant in DC by far.