“Great Times.”

McAlester
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great Times.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

I have always came to this restaurant every year I have came to Washington DC. I have never had one bad meal. The bartender recognized me from well over a year ago. I was very surprised. The food was very excellent. Homely, well prepared, and very tasty. I have not had that excellent cut of steak in a long time. I will always return this establishment for as long they keep their doors open .

Chicago, Illinois
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Great service and food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Went during the busy lunch period but still received a lot of personal attention from the waitress, who sounded like she was from Ireland, and was very motherly. I ordered the corned beef sandwich, and when she saw they had delivered grey poupon mustard with my sandwich she said she had something better than that. She brought me a mustard mixed with horseradish and had me try a little on a small portion to see if I liked it. She said it really brought out the taste of the corned beef, and she was right, so I used it for the rest of my sandwich. Quite delicious!

Definitely stop by for a bite if you are in the area near Union Station.

Visited November 2013
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“Good pub”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

This was the first stop on the "we've just arrived in DC and the government is shutdown" trip. I had the fish and chips which were good. My friend had the shepherds pie and it was very good. Had my first Guinness and it was excellent. This is a great place to stop in for lunch for a quick bite to eat. Literally is across the street from Union Station.

Visited October 2013
MD, DC metro
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Food not very good, close to National Mall”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

Had lunch here with friends. I ordered the fish and chips. It was sub-par. The fish (supposed to be pollock) was small inside a lot of tasteless batter. The fries were equally tasteless and there were very few of them. This entree comes with coleslaw, and it is not good. The lemon wedge served with my iced tea was the most flavorful and best tasting food item. My dining companion had the shepherd's pie; that dish is huge, he ate half. He didn't rave about it but said it was good. Our waitress was friendly and very attentive. Kudos to her for not ever rudely interrupting our conversation to see if we liked our meal or needed more of anything. She simply gauged when to appear and refilled our drinks, cleared away dishes, provided things we asked for.

I dined with friends, with a six year old in tow, from out of town who were doing a tour at the Capitol and staying at a nearby hotel. The Dubliner was a good meet up spot. I live in the DC area but I would not chose to go back again. Nothing else on the menu really appealed to me. However, at lunch time the place was packed with businessmen and a few business women.

The Dubliner Irish Pub address is actually: 4 F St NW Washington, DC 20001. The address listed for this tripadvisor entry is actually for the Phoenix Park Hotel, in which the The Dubliner is located.

The Dubliner website: http://dublinerdc.com/

There is a nice outdoor patio for dining at this restaurant and a full sized bar area. It is located across from Union Station and The Postal Museum.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank food_chick1
Coventry, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Proper Irish pub!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

Arrived in Washington tired and hungry with my family.
Dropped hire car off at Union Station and seen The Dubliner across the road. What a result.
Good choice of beers and you could even get Magners Cider.
A few pints of Magners and a burger sat outside with great views of Union station.
Good quality food and drink, great value. Excellent first impression of Washington.

Visited August 2013