“3 Stars for The Fish and Chips”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mr. Smith's of Georgetown
Ranked #34 of 177 Nightlife in Washington DC
Perth, Australia
71 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 137 helpful votes
“3 Stars for The Fish and Chips”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

I was looking for some Fish and Chips as a delicious lunch time meal and this restaurant/bar caught my eye after I saw they were making it for only $12!

The Fish and Chips wasn't the best I have ever had but it wasn't terrible, I remember as I was eating it I turned to my friend Seano and said "I give this fish and chips 3 stars at best". He was eating a steak at the time and replied with "My steak is a bit thin and a poor cut".

The staff were very friendly though and for what we paid I would probably go again if I lived in the area.

Visited June 2013

Goldens Bridge, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Just What We Were Looking For”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

My two teenage children and I enjoyed a lovely meal in the charming garden of Mr. Smith's on a Saturday night. After being informed there was a 35-40 minute wait at other nearby restaurants we stumbled upon Mr. Smith's. The bar is in front and was noisy and crowded, but once we walked to the back the garden was open. It was almost full, but there was no wait.

Our server was polite, but got my daughter's order wrong. It was rectified and we all enjoyed our meal. It took all of us some time to order as there were many appealing choices at reasonable prices. Service was slow, but typical for a Saturday around 8:00.

There was a fountain and statuary which provided a tasteful touch. Seating is simple and decor low key, but we were not looking for a refined, upscale or romantic spot. As it got chillier they lit the overhead heaters and put an awning up which made the garden even nicer.

It was a pleasure to be able to hold a conversation as the tables were not jammed close together and it wasn't overly noisy. We sat near a small bar in the garden, but it was subdued.

No piano bar during our visit.

We will definitely be back for the garden, ambiance and good food.

Visited April 2013
Windermere, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great Find in Georgetown!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

After reading the reviews on countless restaurants in the Georgetown area I was starting to become bewildered. This restaurant boasted reasonable prices, a piano bar, and an outside fireplace. Sounded enticing and it turned out to be the best meal we had on our stay. The service was impeccable and extremely friendly. I believe our server's name was Daniel. He was a young man who was very attentive and kept up a great conversation with my family. It was snowing outside but the dining room was warm and gave the appearance of eating outside on a warm summer evening. There was a lovely wood burning stove, twinkling lights and tiffany chandeliers adorning the dining room. The food was good as well. We all had sandwiches so I realize you can't mess them up too bad and I cannot comment on the main entrees but our party of five was very happy with what we enjoyed. My stepmom and I split a bottle of wine which was their special (yellowtail sauvignon blanc...not fancy but great at a restaurant for $15) and our bill with an app four sandwiches, a salad entree, bottle of wine, and another mixed drink was 105.00... not too bad compared to some of the expensively priced restaurants in the surrounding area.

It was a welcoming and warm environment as the website boasts and we had a fantastic experience thanks to an excellent staff and superior guest service. We will definitely recommend this to others traveling to the Georgetown area and will most certainly return in the future! Thank you!

Visited March 2013
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“$1,000.00 burger”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Lovely dinner in the garden's. Our waitress was in training her first night and I ordered the $1,000.00 burger. Our waitress was so surprised and when I found out that was really the price I was surprised too.
Great atmosphere and we will be back soon.

Visited March 2012
Carmel, Indiana
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Sing along piano mood?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

If you like the piano bar and sing a long on weekends, this is the place to be. Great atmosphere, lots of fun and the piano song a long man does a great job. Best days to hang out are Saturdays, though it gets crowded after 10pm. Lots of college people. Love it. The food is not very good. I mostly enjoy the bar.