“Sing along piano mood?”

44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Sing along piano mood?”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

If you like the piano bar and sing a long on weekends, this is the place to be. Great atmosphere, lots of fun and the piano song a long man does a great job. Best days to hang out are Saturdays, though it gets crowded after 10pm. Lots of college people. Love it. The food is not very good. I mostly enjoy the bar.

Houston, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Somewhat disappointing, but not horrible”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Like some of the other reviewers, we went here recently with our daughter who is attending my Alma Mater. We had fond memories of Mr. Smith's brunch on Sunday morning from our days living here when I was an undergraduate student.

My overall recommendation- leave it to the undergraduate students. If you're over 30, trust me, your tastes have changed and you'll want better.

The trip through the bar to get to the outdoor patio dining area was a minor assault to the nose- stale beer from last night's "festivities." Patio chairs were plastic and uncomfortable.

Food was fair and that's about it. Probably what annoyed me most was the drink special. There was supposed to be 2 mimosas and bloody mary's included with your breakfast. Not being inclined to drink 2 drinks at 10 am, I only ordered one. When we got the bill, I was charged a hefty price for my one drink. When I asked about it- my server said you had to ASK for the 2 drink special and you had to GET both drinks. He offered to get me a second drink in order to remove the price for the first drink.

I quickly realized what was going on- by only ordering the one drink, they made me a top-shelf drink. If I'd have said I wanted the special, I would have received the bottom shelf drink.

Either way, it made no sense to me for them to give "expend" more of their drink materials and make me another drink in order to drop the price. Why not just give me the one drink free- top shelf or not? The whole thing didn't make sense to me and I didn't want to ruin our morning arguing my point.

The one positive I'd say about Mr. Smith's is our sever was a lovely gentleman, very friendly and provided good customer service (with the exception of the drink issue).

Overall, my lesson to those looking to take a trip down memory lane? Leave the past in the past and find a nicer restaurant!

For those who've never been there- skip it and find a nicer restaurant.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank ICTS1
Washington DC, District of Columbia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Go to McDonald's where it's easier to park.”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My husband had fond memories of this place from his college days in the 1960s/1970s, so he took me here for dinner, promising that we would enjoy the piano bar afterwards. First of all I was disappointed that the main dining area was a lot more CASUAL than I'd expected with the same cheap white plastic chairs you expect to find at fast food places for outdoor dining. The dinner was just okay and the waitress was very slow bringing our check which was especially frustrating as we watched the seating around the piano bar fill up. The waitress had promised to have them hold two seats for us since we arrived early and had dinner. However when another group of three was told the seats they just snagged were reserved, they were angry and nasty. The piano player started playing about 45 minutes later than scheduled and then only played requests for those who greased his palm. We were disappointed with the whole evening and left about twenty minutes after he started playing. For a good piano bar experience go to Lefty O'Doull's in San Francisco and leave Mr. Smith's for those who don't expect much in the way of an enjoyable evening.

Visited October 2011
dublin
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 128 helpful votes
“Not bad .......”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My wife and I were in Georgetown labor weekend and decided to eat in this restaurant

We were seated at the back of the place in the "Dining area" but had to walk through the bar area to get to it.

It was a very wet evening with Thunderstorms. The dining area had what appeared to be a perspex roof. When the rain started we could hear it belting down.

The table and chairs were like garden firniture... plastic and cheap!

I had the ribs, which were sadly lacking in much meat. They were also covered in "Bar-b-Que" sauce .. Now, I know this type of sauce is normal for ribs, I just felt it was too much. My partners food was tasty and good

Apart from the above, our server must have been very new, he did not seem to know much about the food he was serving us and had to go away 2 times and ask someone else for answers to our questions

We were told that our draft beers would be $4 each but on the bill they were a little over $6 each. We did not see a bar menu

Woulkd I go back ... yes, but I would be hoping to get service from a staff member who knew his or her job!

Visited September 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Not a great place in Georgetown”
Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

This bar is OK, but that's about it. The staff were a bit funny about where we sat, and the beer selection was small and what I got (blue moon) didn't taste like blue moon in the UK. That could be for many reasons though.