When we arrived, the very small area at the curb for check in was totally full, with 2 cars! We waited about 10 minutes for one of the cars to move so we could check in. We were planning to take the metro into DC and tour a few museums, but ran out of time. The metro is about a block away from this hotel, so the location is great. Another couple was meeting us there and we were all planning to go to a game. After everyone unpacked and changed clothes for the game, we went down to the bar for a drink and appetizer before we went to dinner. They had only 2 people working the bar and it was not nearly enough. It was crowded because the World Cup Soccer game was on and the US was playing. I ordered a glass of wine and it took them 45 minutes to bring it to me!! The other 3 people in our group received beer and mixed drinks after about 30 minutes and appetizers took about 20 minutes. Very disappointing for a hotel this large to be so understaffed after work hours when a very popular sports event is on TV.
I had to ask housekeeping for a bar of soap for the shower. Our room only had only one tiny bar of soap in it .Other than that, our stay there was fine. The room was nice and clean. Breakfast the next morning was good. Service at the front desk was good. They offered suggestions for restaurants for dinner that were close to the baseball field but far enough away that they would not be as crowded for dinner before a game.
I do have a problem with hotels having down comforters on the beds in the middle of the summer. I would prefer a cotton blanket. With the down comforter, you have to either turn the air down very low in order to be comfortable sleeping under it or take it off completely, turn the temp higher and sleep with only a sheet over you. It's either one extreme or the other....no options in between that I am aware of.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pet Friendly Courtyard Hotel: $150.00 Non Refundable fee per stay. Get away to one of the most beautiful Washington, D.C. hotels on Capitol Hill, Courtyard by Marriott Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard. Our modern accommodations and attentive staff will provide you with the perfect home away from home! Conveniently located near Nationals Park and local attractions such as monuments, museums and the US Capitol in the up and coming Capitol Riverfront neighborhood, our Capitol Hill hotel is in the heart of Washington. We are surrounded by government agencies such as the US Department of Transportation, DC Health and Family Services, Bureau of Land Management and convenient to the Navy Yard, Joint Base Anacostia Bolling and Ft. McNair. The striking and modern Courtyard by Marriott Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard is ideal for business and leisure travelers alike. Top among hotels near Capitol Hill, we offer 2,215 square feet of meeting space that can accommodate up to 180 guests, plus on ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, HotelPower, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard Hotel Washington Dc
- Courtyard Hotel Washington Dc
- Marriott Washington Dc
- Courtyard Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Marriott
- Washington Dc Courtyard