“Pleasantly Surprised”

Courtyard Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard
Ranked #65 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I was here at a weeks worth of meeting nearby at the city offices. This hotel was clean, very well appointed and with very nice workers. From the time I walked in the front door every employee was always asking 'how may I help you?'

The area is still undergoing some construction, but it never was a problem. Lots of kids playing in the nearby park and lots of very good restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: The ice machines are noisy I would ask to be away from them.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Symtron
CYWASNY1, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Mr. Symtron-

Thank you for your candid review, we truly appreciate your feedback. Reviews such as your truly validates what we are trying to accomplish at our hotel is working. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you come to Washington DC for business.

Best
Andre

Reviewed June 27, 2014

The hotel is a recommended stay in DC. the location is impeccable with the subway station located within 100 meters of the hotel. The location allows access to basic amenities which are available at a tiny supermarket right next door and offers walk-able access to the local bars & restaurants. the restaurants could be considered as a bit ostentatious for some and thus have the option to take the metro to the next station to grab a quick bite.

the environment is very safe to wander around even post midnight and is peaceful. the key destinations of the city are all easily accessible by the metro and would not take more than 30 minutes to commute to.

This hotel is highly recommended by me and is great value for money.

2  Thank Sharad S
Reviewed June 21, 2014

The hotel was clean and very comfortable but the best feature was the service. Everyone was helpful and courteous but the front desk personnel, Freweini, went out of her way to make our stay even better. I have stayed at Marriotts all over the country but the service at this courtyard was as good or better than any of them. My wife, grandson and I really enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Wayne S
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We had a seamless stay in this clean, well-run hotel. Our king suite was large enough for our family of four, and the convenience of the location could not be beat. Walk to restaurants, the waterfront, Nationals stadium. Plus, the subway is only about 50 yards! We plan to be back very soon!

2  Thank aojackson
CYWASNY1, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

AOJackson-

Thank you so much for your candid review of our property. We are really excited that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

All the best
K. Andre

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Start by saying I have stayed at this Courtyard in the past as I have daughter and son in law who live in the neighborhood. In order to encourage use of the hotel by the "neighbors" in the past they have offered what is called a neighborhood rate. My daughter had called over the past week prior to my arrival at least 2 times to confirm that rooms were available at the special neighborhood rate. She was told yes. I did a walk in to see if rooms were available and if the special rate was available. I was told it was not when I checked in. My daughter spent over one hour on the phone in follow up being sent from local to corporate until finally being told that the hotel was full and that the rate was not available. Two customer service issues that resulted in this very low rating--the multiple pass offs of the phone call and the very unprofessional, rude tones especially at the corporate level. At the local level, rather than saying the hotel was full and the rate was not available--she was simply told it was a corporate issue. While she was still on the phone with Corporate, I walked back to the hotel to see if I could explain the situation and get the rate. I was immediately told that the hotel was full. I question that because I never saw or heard anyone on my floor, but the point is that my daughter was misled and mistreated.

Next point, went to the desk for a wake up call and cab for a 6:00 am flight. DID NOT get the wake up call. When I called down to check on the ordering of the cab was told he would order one. Upon follow up--both were in their desk logbook, but the clerk was not the least bit interested in making the call or checking the logbook.

This is a $300/night hotel that has very poor hospitality, service and personnel professionalism.

5  Thank Roblyn27
CYDCNYGM, General Manager at Courtyard Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your concerns regarding your experience at our Courtyard in the Capitol Hill/Navy Yard area of Washington, DC.

We take all feedback seriously, both positive and negative. We value this information, as it aids us in finding ways in which we can continuously improve both our product and our service.
Your feedback will specifically aid us in finding better ways to ensure thorough and clear communication with our guests so that misunderstandings do not ensue resulting in an overall poor perception. I welcome the opportunity to better understand the circumstances that led to this difficult situation. Please feel free to contact me at any time so that I can ensure that the same confusion with the availability of certain rates does not happen again for you.

We hope that in your future visits to our nation’s capital, you will give our hotel another try. We expect that you will see your experience as an anomaly rather than the norm for our hotel. This will provide the opportunity for you to join the hundreds of guests who have given us excellent ratings on TripAdvisor to date.

Once again, our sincere appreciation for sharing your views.
Have a terrific summer.
JP Lamarre, GM

Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

A very pleasant visit the area is quiet very well located and the atmosphere is very inviting it makes you want to come back for more stays and enjoying them as the first it's something about this hotel that just make you feel like you belong and you wanna enjoy.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank JL4073
CYWASNY1, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

JL4073

Thank you for such a heartfelt review of our property. On behalf of my entire team we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to see you again in the near future.

All the Best

K. Andre

Reviewed June 9, 2014

My gf and I needed a break from life so we decided to get a room for the night. It was WONDERFUL. The hotel was clean(as it always has been because I've stayed there before). The customer service was excellent and I can't wait to return.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Tosha M