“Disappointed in Trip Advisor rating”

Courtyard Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard
Ranked #67 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Denver, Colorado
“Disappointed in Trip Advisor rating”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I was happy to see that this hotel had a high rating by your site. The hotel seemed decent at first. The second day I came back after work and got in the shower to realize there was no shampoo. I went downstairs to ask for some. The man behind the counter told me they ran out but there is a CVS down the street. I replied that I was not ready to walk in a strange city to get an item that I expected hotels to carry. Also my friends had told me it was not a great neighborhood to be walking around at night in DC. His reply was, "You want the shampoo don't you?"
The breakfast in their bistro is overpriced. I got a large latte and egg white english muffin and it was $14.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Rebecca B
CYWASNY1, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Rebecca B

Good day. Thank you for your candid thoughts on our hotel. I am truly sorry that your experience with us fell short of your expecations. I will make sure to pass this feed back to our staff members. This will only serve to help make us better.

Thanks again.

Best
K.Andre Antoine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Massachusetts
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed here with our friends when we went to two Nationals games this summer. Let me first say that the front desk is extremely friendly and helpful! From the get-go they were ready to give us places to see and even took our luggage while we waited for our check-in time. The hotel rooms were clean, spacious, and the bathrooms were great! Rooms were totally updated. The hotel is a 5 minute walk to the stadium- super close! It is also close to some great restaurants, and is only a 20 minute walk to the National Mall. We didn't mind the walk at all because it was great weather and we were able to see some wonderful residential areas of the city. There is a Starbucks located in the lobby which was super convenient. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are going to a Nationals game or if you want to be close to 8th street. The pool and hottub was a great bonus!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed October 11, 2013

The staff were so very helpful and attentive to our requests regarding places to eat, etc. Facilities were very nice. Location is verh handy to metro and walking to Capital Hill.The convenience of other inexpensive places to eat nearby was helpful. It was easy to drive to.

Room Tip: Elevators were adequate so any floor should work.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Patricia439
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Lets start out by saying "yes I know we are in Washington, BUT" My goodness its expensive! The hotel as a whole was fine. Clean and well staffed. Go see Tamika at the bar for happy hour! She makes good peach martini's!
Now for the CONS : Why is it i am paying for breakfast? Is $200+ a night not enough for breakfast? small sandwich, small coffee, small prepackaged juice +tip = $14, Hint: subway is next door. Not much to do (except when baseball is in town) but you should go up to 8th street for restaurants galore! ($10 cab ride tip included) Also Choose high level floors and low number rooms for a good view. otherwise you will be looking at the side of a building.
Would I stay here again? let me think about it.......

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My friend and I came for the Veggie Fest. Check-in was sterile - just give me your credit card and sign here. Parking was $29.50 which is probably the norm for the area. At least there is unlimited in & out for that rate. Room was by the ice machine but very quiet. The a/c was blasting on the lowest setting. A call to the front desk resulted in being placed on hold and we disconnected. However, a callback came quickly after that. We enjoyed the fest and enjoyed a 15 minute walk to a restaurant and organic food store. The room was nice with the exception of what appeared to be a blood stain on the bedding. I went down to the gym when I could not sleep. Towels and cups were all over the place and there were no ear plugs for the treadmill screens in the labelled box. Unfortunately, we did not get to use the whirlpool, but some guests entering said it was very nice. The next morning I found only coffee in the room. Maybe next time there will be tea? No newspaper. Nice hot shower. Breakfast was pretty good and the staff friendly. I liked the big screen in the lobby which showed the weather, places of interest, etc. The Metro is close by too!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Naruto494
Iselin, New Jersey
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We picked this hotel because we wanted to be close to the Nationals Stadium. Its working distance, less then 2 blocks away in a nice clean neighborhood. Right next to Washington Canal Park, which is very nice. Check in was very easy and staff was friendly. We used the valet parking with the hotel. $29.50 for less then 24 hours but I've been getting used to hotels charging a lot for parking. We had a room on the 9th floor at the end of the hallway with a king bed, sofa, flat screen TV & mini fridge. The room was extremely clean. Bathroom was also very clean. The bed was very comfortable. One complaint I would have is that you could hear people walking & talking through out the hallway. But it wasn't to bad. I would stay here again. And recommend to anyone staying in the Navy Yard/Capitol Hill area of DC. Also, the espresso bar called Lot 38 attached to hotel is great!

Room Tip: Great hotel to stay in if going to see a National baseball game! Perfect walking distance!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple