First, let me say that I have stayed at Marriott hotels for many years, I am a Marriott Rewards customer, and they have ALWAYS come through on decent service and attentiveness to their customers.
Well, at this locale, they failed miserably.
This place was inconsiderate from the get-go.The hotel is just a couple of blocks from Nationals Park, home of baseball's Washington Nationals. My son and I had actually planned to go to a Nationals game, but after experiencing a parking nightmare and the hotel's absolute don't-care attitude, we decided to journey to destinations out of town.rather than deal with this hellhole location.
Here's a blow-by-blow. We checked in on a Saturday, a couple of hours before a Nationals game. I parked along the street and rushed in to the front desk and gave my name for the reservation and asked about parking. I was greeted by this statement from an incredibly rude and condescending front desk person: "It's a game night. There IS no parking!'' Well, can I park along the street out front? "ABSOULTELY NOT! That's a taxi stand and you'll be fined $250 if you try to park there.'' Not even in the garage? "No, the garage is full; park along the street.''
Seriously? You can't even set aside spaces for your customers? Appparently not. So I was on my own, with no advice from the belligerent front desk woman on how to navigate the parking nightmare. I found a space a few blocks away and fed a credit card into a machine to get a ticket to put on the dash, never knowing if I would get a ticket at, perhaps, 3 a.m.
Next day, my son and I journeyed out of town--also the day of a Nationals game. That evening, in order to avoid the $29-per-day garage fee for a few hours of evening parking, I decided to park along the street. Noting that parking was enforced from 7 a.m to 6:30 a.m. weekdays, I made a note to set my alarm for 6:45 a.m. Monday so I could purchase a dashboard ticket. The maximum you could purchase was 3 hours, After I did so, I made another mental note to come back out at 9:45 to purchase even more time. When I did, I was greeted by a "parking enforcement officer,'' who notified me that I could not park my car longer than 2 hours in any single space and would need to move it (there was no sign anywhere that said there was a 2-hour limit). But I moved my car. After I did so and had left the area, she wrote me a ticket for $25 and left it on my windshield -- because I had stayed more than 2 hours in the previous spot before moving, even though I had paid fully for the time.
Yes, you're probably sick of my parking narrative by now. But it all leads up to bottom-line: I'll never stay here--or in this area--again. Better to get a motel across the Potomac in Virginia and take the Metro into town, than put up with this garbage.
Oh, as far as the room? Way overpriced. In addition to informing me that there was no parking, the front desk person also told me rudely that what I had reserved -- two queen beds, three weeks ahead of time -- was not available and I'd have to settle for a king and a couch. These were run-of-the mill accommodations. The sink was slow to drain -- likely clogged with hair -- and the towels were scratchy low-rent linens.
Never again. Bye-bye, Washington. And, quite possibly, bye-bye Marriott.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pet Friendly Courtyard Hotel: $150.00 Non Refundable fee per stay. Get away to one of the most beautiful Washington, D.C. hotels on Capitol Hill, Courtyard by Marriott Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard. Our modern accommodations and attentive staff will provide you with the perfect home away from home! Conveniently located near Nationals Park and local attractions such as monuments, museums and the US Capitol in the up and coming Capitol Riverfront neighborhood, our Capitol Hill hotel is in the heart of Washington. We are surrounded by government agencies such as the US Department of Transportation, DC Health and Family Services, Bureau of Land Management and convenient to the Navy Yard, Joint Base Anacostia Bolling and Ft. McNair. The striking and modern Courtyard by Marriott Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard is ideal for business and leisure travelers alike. Top among hotels near Capitol Hill, we offer 2,215 square feet of meeting space that can accommodate up to 180 guests, plus on ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard Hotel Washington Dc
- Courtyard Hotel Washington Dc
- Marriott Washington Dc
- Courtyard Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Marriott
- Washington Dc Courtyard