Courtyard Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard
$110
$97
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$149
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $196/night.

$191
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $226/night.

Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$137
$125
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $149/night.

Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$134
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $195/night.

$129
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $167/night.

$133
$129
  • Breakfast included
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$257
$143
$131
$110
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $136/night.

Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$204
$158
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewsnationals parknationals gamewashington nationalsball parkcapitol hillmarine barracksgreen linefront deskbaseball stadiumcourtyard marriottmetro stationparking garagewithin walking distanceminute walkwould definitely stay here againking suiteconvenient location
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed at this Courtyard Hotel while in D.C. for a Washington Nationals game. Lets start with the good first:
Easy to access and the parking is under the hotel which is very convenient. With parking fee and tax it's like $30.00 to park for the night but you'll have this at any hotel in D.C. where parking spaces are at a premium. The hotel is new and modern. Our hotel room was clean. LIke sterile clean. I need to hire the cleaning staff that did our room to come clean my house. And best of all the hotel is a short 3 minute walk from Nationals Park.

The bad: I had called ahead two weeks before our check-in date and made two requests: An early check-in and a lower level room. I was given the opportunity to request the check-in time and the room floor. I requested to check-in at 1 oclock and to have a room on the first or second floor. I was informed that an early check in time was on a "as possible" basis but my request should be possible. I arrived at exactly 1 oclock and found our room wasn't ready. The room wasn't ready until 2:20. And then we were given a room on the 8th floor and a lower level room wasn't an option.

I understand that both of my request were just that, requests, but if they can't be accommodated then don't give the guest the expectation that they can be.

There was no complimentary coffee in the morning although there is a coffee bar in the lobby.

TL:DR version: The hotel is convenient, clean, and the staff is helpful and polite but don't anticipate them to follow through on special requests or accommodations.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
CYWASNY1, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

MD26225

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at the hotel. I am truly sorry that we were unable to check you into your room sooner.

We always try our best to satisfy as many guest requests as possible. However, requests such as early check ins, are highly dependent on the occupancy of the hotel the night before and what time the guests that are currently in the hotel check out so that housekeeping has access to the rooms.
Hopefully the next time you visit us, we will be able to make this happen for you.

Thanks again for your feedback and have a great day.

Best

Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband had to travel to DC for work and my 18 month old and I decided to tag along. I was worried this hotel would be typical of many other DC hotels in that they claim to have excellent accommodations and service but then treat families with small children as a nuisance. This hotel was not like this at all. At the evening dinner socials and breakfast alike there was a healthy mix of business professionals and what were clearly tourists with young families - and the staff catered to both. Our room was extremely clean and nice, and we couldn't have been in a more convenient location given that my husband was working from the Navy Yard and my daughter and I wanted to be able to walk to the National Mall area. The only negative thing I will say about the hotel (and I am not sure there's much they could do to change it besides maybe include information at the time of booking) is that parking was really confusing. There are, immediately adjacent to the hotel, at least two other parking garages that are non-hotel affiliated (and in one at least you cannot park overnight). In order to park in hotel parking, you must check in, receive a card indicating parking privileges, and then go park in a garage with extremely narrow entrances/exits. We found this confusing, but maybe that was just us. This clearly wasn't a big enough deal to us to keep me from giving the hotel 5 stars.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Ms. Hrp963-

Thank you for your kind words about our property. I am really happy that everything worked out for you and your family during your stay with us.

As far as the parking sitatuion, We do want all incoming guests to check-in at the front desk before they attempt to park their car. This is done, since we are so near to the Stadium, to prevent non hotel guests from parking and taking spots that are for hotel guests on game days. While we realize that this is "different" it has proving effective. Having said this, once you have checked- in and have been assigned parking, you can go in and out of the garage as many times as you want.

I hope this brings a little more clarity to our parking structure. We hope to see you and your family again in the near future.

All the best.

Guest Services Manager.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

traveling with my 14yr-old son, taking in a Nats game. The room and service was very good. The front desk is very helpful. The pool area left a lot to be desired - small, and the heated pool was pretty cold. I had to battle many small kids for a tiny piece of pool real estate. I will be smarter about parking next time - $55 for two nights, with ominous warnings from the desk staff that parking in the street on game day would almost certainly get me towed - not sure of the truth behind that with all the out-of-state plates I saw on game day with no tickets. However, the stay was solid - no complaints except those above. The area needs more restaurants, but you can get by within a 3-4 mile radius. Check out Ted's Bulletin for breakfast.

Room Tip: We faced some sort of apartment building from our room in the back of the building - ask for something facing the waterfront, though those views are limited as well - but better than what we had.
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Location- It's close to the Metro which is quite convenient and interesting compared to the NYC subway system. It's clean but I was a bit confused at first on how to get tickets. May wanna look into that.
Room- It was damp so I cranked up the air to super cold to rid the moisture. Beds were comfy but the carpet on the floors had a weird funk. Yuck!
Housekeeping- I wanted to be sure they cleaned the room when we were gone in the morning and front desk said not to worry. On the return, no housekeeping until around 5-6pm so we refused. Disappointing.
Indoor Pool- chlorine smell was pretty strong but anytime you have a hot tub around an indoor pool, you will always smell chlorine. Clean and okay but pool was smaller than expected.
Parking- if you read the signs, you can find street parking without having to pay $29 for the lot next door. We had no problem finding street parking on a weekend.

Mr. Eunmic-

Thank you for your feedback on our hotel. While I am disappointed that we fell short of your expecations, I do value your feedback. The carpet smell and your room not being cleaned until well in the evening is simply unacceptable and steps will be taken to ensure these matters get resolved.

Thanks again and we do hope to see again.

Best

Guest Relations Manager.

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We came to town for a Nats game and this hotel is perfectly located for that purpose. I agree with all the reviews, so I won't repeat. Duane was also very helpful the first evening we got here. I will, however, reiterate the parking situation. First off, it is more cost effective to find a spot on the street and get the "Park mobile" app on your phone that way you can be anywhere and "feed the meter". You won't spend the $29.50 it costs for the parking garage, even if you're "lucky" enough to actually get a spot in it. I recommend taking the metro if your going sightseeing instead of dealing with the traffic and finding spots in the busy part of the city. We made that mistake on our way in, and it caused a lot of friction between my husband and I that first day. We left our car on the street all of Sat (fed the meter via my phone per text and email alerts)...pretty cool you can do that, and took the train to the museum, then walked to the Nats game. Now that I know what the deal is with the parking, I would definitely stay here again if I were to come back to DC.

• Stayed: August 2013