“Convenient Location, New Property”

Courtyard Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard
Ranked #67 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel is relatively new and the staff very attentive although somewhat rough around the edges. The room was fine, and the bed comfortable. The restaurant was very limited and there are no options nearby. Parking is a real problem. Excellent location for Nationals games and stadium, an easy walk.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank 2BeAlive

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Location is not superb, ~20-25 mins to the capitol by walk. Location in the DC is very important since taxi service is very poor. I wouldn't take this location again...

The rest is as you would expect from a good hotel - large clean rooms, good bed, good bath, friendly staff.

The parking is somewhat expensive - ~$25 / day

Indoors heated pool and hot tub are great advantages!!! There aren't lots of them in the DC!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sodkarin
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I listed the name of my location above because I couldn't find it. Its one block from the Nationals Baseball Stadium and a perfect view of the Capitol. The hotel was clean and nice. Parking was expensive but what else is new about DC. If you park on the street, its free from 630p - 7a. By 7:10am, you have a parking ticket. Your 7 blocks from 8th street where alot of locals dine. Metro rail is also 1 block away.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TomW823
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Started out with really dumb parking situation. Drive to the parking lot, and the attendant says you have to pull to the front of the hotel, get a pass, then come back and they will then take your car (inside the garage) and park it for you. Did they ever hear of valet? Showed up at 2 PM on 4/3 and room not ready. Staff didn't really seem to care. Looked over at the snack area, and there were ~8 other people waiting for their rooms. New Bistro area closed, so no chance of coffee or snack. After waiting for 15 minutes, I asked when I could expect my room, they said they didn't know. I asked would it be in time for normal check in at 3, they said probably (BTW - I am a Gold Elite Marriott member). I then asked if them to take my cell phone number so I could go out and get a coffee (with the new Bistro, they don't provide coffee anymore. Can only buy Starbucks for ~$3 when the Bistro is open). The next morning, I went to Bistro for breakfast. Ordered oatmeal and banana breakfast with coffee. They gave me a number and said they would bring it to me. I was basically put into a queue behind the people who ordered eggs, etc. After asking 10 minutes later where was my oatmeal, they finally poured the pre-made oatmeal into a bowl and gave it to me. Midway through the meal, I realized I was chewing on a plastic piece of paper. After bringing this to the manager's attention, he said I could have my money back or have a free breakfast the next day.
Place overall is very cold. Hallways, lobby, etc all require a sweatshirt or jacket. The walls are very thin. A number of times I woke up thinking someone was walking around, and it turned out to be the next room or hallway. Room was also very chilly. Also there was no bath soap in my room. Went to the lobby and they were out. They said they would have someone bring one up. Waited 1/2 hour, took a shower with the facial soap. After I was dressed and leaving for my dinner engagement, someone showed up with the soap. Also the internet had two speeds, slow and stop.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Bob M
Reviewed April 3, 2013

After receiving tickets for "Hello Dolly" at Ford's Theater and a voucher for dinner at a restaurant close to the theater as a gift, we decided that the 1.5 hour drive home after the show would not be desireable. Our research showed us that this hotel was within one block of the Navy Yard Metro station which provided quick and easy access to a Metro station near the theater. We were able to park the car in the hotel's underground garage, for a fee, and not have to worry about additional traffic and parking challenges when going to the theater. Upon arrival at the hotel we were graciously greeted by Harnetha and Ashley at the registration desk. I knew then that we had made the right hotel choice. They were most accommodating and knowledgeable and the go-to individuals during our entire stay. The hotel lobby and rooms were extremely clean, as were the excercise room and the indoor pool area. Great experience overall.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 248tomm
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed here for some business in DC. The neighborhood is a bit of a mixed bag - some of the areas have new houses and shops and some other dilapidated areas with shady characters nearby. The room was ok and clean. The walls were thin - my neighbors music and talking on one side and TV on the other was all I could hear all night.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BC B
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We've stayed in a number of places in DC for both business and visiting family. Overall, this Marriott was good. Nice staff on day 1, apathetic staff on day 3. When we checked in and asked for a change in the type or room, the desk staff was absolutely wonderful. When we asked for a taxi checking out on day 3, we got a finger pointed toward the street and no help whatsoever. The rooms were clean and rather basic, but it's a Courtyard so this was not unexpected. There is a Starbucks one block away (great because the breakfast area is crowded), metro station one block away, CVS also there. Fantastic Thai restaurant around the corner. Quiet area without the usual DC sirens.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family