Started out with really dumb parking situation. Drive to the parking lot, and the attendant says you have to pull to the front of the hotel, get a pass, then come back and they will then take your car (inside the garage) and park it for you. Did they ever hear of valet? Showed up at 2 PM on 4/3 and room not ready. Staff didn't really seem to care. Looked over at the snack area, and there were ~8 other people waiting for their rooms. New Bistro area closed, so no chance of coffee or snack. After waiting for 15 minutes, I asked when I could expect my room, they said they didn't know. I asked would it be in time for normal check in at 3, they said probably (BTW - I am a Gold Elite Marriott member). I then asked if them to take my cell phone number so I could go out and get a coffee (with the new Bistro, they don't provide coffee anymore. Can only buy Starbucks for ~$3 when the Bistro is open). The next morning, I went to Bistro for breakfast. Ordered oatmeal and banana breakfast with coffee. They gave me a number and said they would bring it to me. I was basically put into a queue behind the people who ordered eggs, etc. After asking 10 minutes later where was my oatmeal, they finally poured the pre-made oatmeal into a bowl and gave it to me. Midway through the meal, I realized I was chewing on a plastic piece of paper. After bringing this to the manager's attention, he said I could have my money back or have a free breakfast the next day.
Place overall is very cold. Hallways, lobby, etc all require a sweatshirt or jacket. The walls are very thin. A number of times I woke up thinking someone was walking around, and it turned out to be the next room or hallway. Room was also very chilly. Also there was no bath soap in my room. Went to the lobby and they were out. They said they would have someone bring one up. Waited 1/2 hour, took a shower with the facial soap. After I was dressed and leaving for my dinner engagement, someone showed up with the soap. Also the internet had two speeds, slow and stop.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get away to one of the most beautiful Washington, D.C., hotels on Capitol Hill! Our modern accommodations and attentive staff will provide you with the perfect home away from home!Conveniently located near Nationals Park and local attractions such as monuments, museums and the US Capitol in the up and coming Capitol Riverfront neighborhood. We are in the heart of Washington, DC office buildings such as Lockheed Martin, Northrup Grumman, Parsons, BAE Systems, General Dynamics and Booz Allen Hamilton just to name a few. We are also surrounded by government agencies such as the US Department of Transportation, DC Health and Family Services, Bureau of Land Management and convenient to the Navy Yard, Joint Base Anacostia Bolling and Ft. McNair. The striking and modern Courtyard by Marriott Capitol Hill/Navy Yard is ideal for business and leisure travelers alike. Top among hotels near Capitol Hill, we offer 2,215 square feet of meeting space that can accommodate up to 180 guests, plus on-site catering from The Bistro - Eat. Drink. Connect. Enjoy breakfast in the mornings from with delicious Starbucks® coffee or relax with a glass of wine in the evening from The Bistro. You can also stay active during your stay with an on-site 24-hour fitness center, offering cardiovascular equipment, an indoor pool and whirlpool. Our lobby features all of the amenities that saavy travelers have come to expect such as FREE WIFI, a quick print station for your boarding pass to save you time at the airport, comfortable in-room work areas with conveniently located outlets and lighting and a 24-hour business center with a library. The modern lobby would not be complete however without our state-of-the-art GoBoard® that offers directions, up to the minute flight and weather information and information on local attractions with the ability to print you directions! It’s personalized service available at your fingertips! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Marriott, Cancelon, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Courtyard Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard Hotel Washington Dc
- Courtyard Hotel Washington Dc
- Marriott Washington Dc
- Courtyard Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Courtyard
- Washington Dc Marriott