We were here for four days with a young child. The place is brand new: very clean, nice pool, nice lounge downstairs with good breakfast options (albeit on the expensive side), extremely pleasant and helpful staff at check-in.
What made us choose this property originally was the fact that we could get a king suite for well under $200. The suite was quite large and the layout was very practical. The bedroom was completely closed off from the sitting room, so the grownups could watch TV at night without risk of waking up sleeping kids. I still cannot believe we had all that space for such little money.
The Courtyard Capitol Hill/Navy Yard is in a part of town undergoing major redevelopment: the property is surrounded by new buildings and vacant lots. As such, there isn't much to see or do around the neighbourhood (unless you're going to a Nationals game), but it has everything a family with young kids needs to enjoy their stay in DC.
The hotel is one short block away from a Metro station, and no more than 4 Metro stops from the museums and attractions around the Mall. In the building right across the street from the hotel, there is a Five Guys, a Subway and a CVS.
One block west of the hotel is a place called Justin's Cafe, which serves soups, salads, sandwiches and pizza (all excellent). It quickly became THE place for us to go have dinner after a day of sightseeing--fresh, simple food for the kids, wine and beer for mom and dad, and sports on the four TVs for the whole family.
We're already looking forward to our next trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pet Friendly Courtyard Hotel: $150.00 Non Refundable fee per stay. Get away to one of the most beautiful Washington, D.C. hotels on Capitol Hill, Courtyard by Marriott Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard. Our modern accommodations and attentive staff will provide you with the perfect home away from home! Conveniently located near Nationals Park and local attractions such as monuments, museums and the US Capitol in the up and coming Capitol Riverfront neighborhood, our Capitol Hill hotel is in the heart of Washington. We are surrounded by government agencies such as the US Department of Transportation, DC Health and Family Services, Bureau of Land Management and convenient to the Navy Yard, Joint Base Anacostia Bolling and Ft. McNair. The striking and modern Courtyard by Marriott Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard is ideal for business and leisure travelers alike. Top among hotels near Capitol Hill, we offer 2,215 square feet of meeting space that can accommodate up to 180 guests, plus on ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard Hotel Washington Dc
- Courtyard Hotel Washington Dc
- Marriott Washington Dc
- Courtyard Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Marriott
- Washington Dc Courtyard