3,522 results
All reviewsthe manager's receptionfree drinks and snackscooked to order breakfastwhite housecorner suitefree happy hourcomplimentary breakfastnational mallmorning breakfastwithin walking distanceford's theateroffice buildingliving roompull out couchvalet parkingspy museumeach evening
Reviewed December 8, 2010

Front Desk customer service at this hotel was exceptional. Barbara from the front desk went out of her way to make sure that we were happy during our stay. I had called and asked about another room, before I knew it she was at our room helping us move to another room.

She knew we were out walking in the cold and had us come down to the front desk to get hand warmers from her. So many times I have had front desk people who treat you like a number, not here and not with Barbara.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
CharlesHill900, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2010

I am not sure it is possible to see a better review than what you posted! To see that our Customer Service exceeded your expectations is really what it is all about for us. You mention Barbara and how she went out of her way to make you comfortable. I can't say I am surprised. She consistently goes above and beyond for all our guests and I never get tired of recognizing her for it. She is just one part of our great team in the Front Office and I delighted to see she made a difference for you. I will personally make sure that she receives the credit she deserves.

Thank you for sharing your comments and we look forward to seeing you again during your next stay.

Reviewed December 8, 2010

We chose this hotel based on previous experiences staying at another Embassy Suites in DC. I have to say I was not disappointed. The hotel was clean, the staff very friendly whichever area of the hotel they worked in and the lady on the concierge desk could not do enough for us. The breakfast selection was excellent (my husband would highly recommend the cooked to order omelette) and the restaurant was not over crowded at any point during our stay and the manager;s reception extremely welcome after a long day walking the city. Location wise the hotel is ideally situated with all the major museums and galleries being within walking distance. I would recommend the Old Town Trolley tour just two blocks away to get a really good overview of the city.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mollycat_10

Hello mollycat_10 and thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. It appears you already had a good feeling from an Embassy Suites experience in the past and we did not let you down. It really is great to see a review like yours and know that we have been able to make our guests happy. I will also be certain to share your comments with our Concierge team to let them know they simply need to keep up the good work!

If I am not mistaken you traveled all the way from the United Kingdom. If that is so it might be a while before your next trip to DC, but whenever it is please be sure to keep us in mind. We will welcome you anytime!

Reviewed December 6, 2010

Persoanl attention given by Portia Darby is the type of services one would like to receive from anyone on their hotel stay. Job well done Portia.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business

What a fantastic review of our Front Desk Agent Portia. I am so glad to see you were satisfied with the service you received and I have already shared your comments with Portia. She is relatively new to our Front Office team, but as you noticed she is already making a huge impact. Thank you for sharing your comments so we can properly recognize such outstanding performance.

Please check back in with us and let us know how things go during your next stay.

Reviewed December 3, 2010

I work for a federal agency HQ'ed around the block from this hotel. Like most Embassy Suites, it was clean, comfortable, and provided both a full breakfast and "manager's reception" (free drinks) for all guests. However, next time I need to visit DC, I will stay elsewhere, unless this hotel's management can guarantee me a room away from noisy families.

There were so many families with young kids at this hotel I thought for a minute I was in Orlando, not DC NW. Not only did this make getting a drink in the evening, or breakfast in the morning, challenging, but -- much more important to me -- it resulted in three lousy nights' sleep. There were several small (I'm guessing six y.o. and younger) kids in the room right next to mine who were up until after midnight all three nights of my visit, screaming, playing with games that made loud noises, and, on the last night, bouncing a ball against the wall over my bed. I made several calls to the front desk, and was told they tried to get the family to cool it, but to no avail. I got only 5-6 hours of sleep, not acceptable for me after a long business day and long travels to get to DC. And the taxpayers were paying almost $200 for this room next to a family that could have used a "Nanny 911" intervention.

My suggestion to Embassy Suites everywhere, but especially this one: put business travelers and families on different floors. I was on the 5th floor near the elevator even though my HH preference is upper floors away from the elevator. I understand that HH members like cashing in points to take their families on vacation, and that Embassy Suites have extra space and amenities that work for folks traveling with children, but business travelers like me are your bread and butter. I have already told my colleagues about my experience and they will likely steer other visiting staff to a Hilton competitor. Too bad, but telling a business traveler she can change rooms at 12:15 AM on a Tuesday night is not good service in my book. The noisy family should have been made to change rooms, or evicted.

Also, in-room Wi-Fi for $13/day is ridiculous. I pay my ISP $0.67/day for high bandwidth. I'd rather have free Wi-Fi and forgo the hot breakfast -- I only eat cereal and fruit anyway.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business

Greetings AKRiverGirl! I am so glad you were a guest with us in November, but I am sorry to hear it was not quite what you expected. Your review speaks to concerns regarding the number of children in the hotel and specifically those staying in the suite next door. Generally speaking our families (leisure travelers) and those traveling on business are able to avoid contact based on the days they choose to stay. Since this does not seem to be the case for you I am guessing you stayed with us the week of Thanksgiving. That week along with the week of Christmas and Spring Break are the only real exceptions where these very different travelers are forced to coexist in the hotel. From what I can read this appears to be your first visit and as a result of the timing with families you do not intend to try the hotel again. I really hope you will reconsider as this is not normal for our hotel during the week. We have a number of guests traveling with the FBI along with numerous other government agencies that have made us their hotel of choice while in DC. I just know the same can be true for you.

I do want to apologize again for any inconvenience you experience during your stay. I assure you your satisfaction is our top priority. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly if you would like to discuss your stay in greater detail or even if I can be of assistance when traveling in the future. Once the city gets busy (March and onward) finding the government per diem can be challenging, but I would be happy to see if i can help.

Wishing you and your family all the best this holiday season!

Reviewed November 30, 2010

I was not sure which Embassy Suites to stay at in Washington DC, so I contacted Mr. Hill (who often replies to travelers on this website). He and the staff could not have been more courteous, friendly and helpful. Due to traffic in DC, we arrived a bit late on a Tuesday night. The front desk attendant told us that we still had 10 minutes to enjoy the Manager's Reception. She encouraged us to have a snack and a drink and relax while she would have our luggage taken care of. All the traffic and time issues were forgotten with a smile. The hotel is very convenient to restaurants, the Smithsonian Museums and the Metro Center. Also, it's a couple of blocks to Chinatown and a stretch of restaurants, stores, and evening nightlife. The hotel restaurant (Finn and Porter) turned out to be our favorite burger place. The breakfast buffet was excellent and offered a great variety of food. The room was clean and spacious. Although it had a refrigerator and microwave, with the breakfast buffet and the nightly reception, we had no need to use either one. Everything was provided for us. If you drive, parking is expensive, but it's the going rate for hotels in large cities. Keep in mind there is public parking for less $ across the street from the hotel. There is free internet in the lobby, which was all we needed for looking up museum information and changing our reservation for a tour. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family

Hi lkks and thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor! I am so glad you used previous guest reviews to help make you decision and that you were not shy about contacting me. I was happy to help answer questions and give you the information to make an informed decision about where to stay in Washington DC. I am even happier to see that your choice to stay here lived up to expectations.

As I mentioned in our email correspondence, let me know when you plan to come back to DC. We would be happy to have you as our guest.