Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center
$346
$319
$157
  • Restaurant
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
$299
$239
  • Breakfast included
$295
$239
$457
$339
  • Pool
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
$279
$242
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
$243
$229
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$221
Agoda.com
3,343 results
All reviewsthe manager's receptionfree drinks and snackscooked to order breakfastwhite housecorner suitefree happy hourcomplimentary breakfastnational mallmorning breakfastwithin walking distanceford's theateroffice buildingpull out couchliving roomvalet parkingeach eveningspy museum
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 25, 2007

We were very happy with our two night stay at this hotel. At check in the front desk gal was very friendly and helpful. We were on the 6th floor overlooking the big construction hole but we werent in our room much to just look thru a window at the view. Finding the hotel by car was very easy with mapquest. The hotel was very nice, suites were very large, it was nice to have two rooms when you have children that would go to bed earlier then adults.

Room--We did not use the microwave but did your the fridge to keep drinks cold. Also had a bar sink. Compared to other hotels this room had a very large amount of drawer space for clothing. Nice to have a table and chairs, although only sits 2 comfortably. It did have a flat screen in the living room but didnt really think that was a bid deal. The beds were very comfortable--my husband has a bad back and this makes or breaks the morning after.

Pool- I dont think I have ever seen so many people in a pool. You could not sit in the whirlpool, it was probably double the capacity but my 9 year old was very happy to be able to meet a friend and PLAY after a lond day of touring. After 30 minutes my eyes really burned from the amount of chlorine in the water and we had to leave. (I am not at all sensitive so it must have been a huge amount) I would not recommend going to the pool during this time unless you have children and just want them to be able to play.

Happy Hour- My daughter was thrilled that they had shirley temples for the kids. The snacks were potato chips, long pretzels, chips and salsa, fritos, fish crackes. Not that exciting. The bar would make any type of well drink. I ordered two to take up to the room. They are not skimpy on the alcohol. I could not finish my margarita because it was way to strong. Not something you usually say about free drinks! Very nice addition. The area by the elevator was littered with snacks but was quickly vacuumed up.

Hotel store-- was very small about 7x7 ft total. Had some souveniers, aspirin, candy and ice cream but you would do better then a cvs etc. The did sell stamps which was nice.

Breakfast--As others have said the key to this is timing. Our first morning we made it about 9am, it was very busy and the line was so long we wanted for about 20minutes to get our food. We found a table and opted against the omeletts due to the line but the other buffett line was just as slow. We were treated very well and didnt feel like we were being kicked out at 9:30am. The next morning after we packed up we headed down about 7:30. Wow what a difference. I was the only one in line for an omelett and only about 10 other people in the restaurant total. Definately, go down early!!!

Restaurant for dinner--this was the one disappointment in the hotel. I will say the food was very good, my husband had a steak and I had a small wedge salad. But the service was very slow. I believe that the waitress was way over extended in her area, they had even added another man to help with drink refills etc. We were seated next to the fireplace which was nice since the weather had turn very cold. Due to the lack or restaurants within eye view we chose this but probably wouldnt again. It took up over 1 1/2 hrs to eat. Too much for my 9 yr old.

All in all this was a great place to stay, the street in front of the hotel ran right into the Natural History Musuem (5blocks) and right past Ford Theater, Hard Rock Cafe, and past the Old Post office. The hotel is close enough to walk to it all so we did not use public trans or our car. TIP:Starbucks is right across a small street from the hotel!! Walking to the White House was easy and we passed a McDonalds and another starbucks, and CVS pharmacy.

Highly recommend with kids!! One other side note. Our hotel rate was a bit pricey--I would assume due to the time of year. It was $229 per night with AAA rate but honestly by the time you pay all the hotel and parking taxes etc it was more like $300 per night. Make sure to account for these taxes when you think about a room rate you can afford.

4  Thank 1cutemom
Reviewed April 22, 2007

Just got back from 3 nights in DC and had a fantastic time at the Embassy Suites DC Convention Center. The staff were excellent and the value outstanding (hot breakfast and 2 hour free drinks each night) while the quality of the accommodations was excellent. We were only a few blocks from the Circulator bus but really it was only a few blocks to walk to the Mall and we did this with our three kids (10,8 and 5) a few times with no complaints.

The pool is small but clean and safe and the kids enjoyed it a lot. There are lots of windows in the pool area making it feel pretty open and some sun makes it's way in later in the day. I went down to the bar and was happily given some drinks in plastic cups that we could drink in the pool area while we watched the kids play, a great way to wind down after a busy day on the Mall. I would highly recommend this hotel on all counts except perhaps the room service food which wasn't that great, but it wasn't too expensive either. Anyway plenty of restaurant options close by. Breakfast is included in the room rate and pretty decent.

We would go back tomorrow.

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Stiffies
Reviewed April 14, 2007

As many of the other reviews stated: it's a nice hotel, it's clean, and the location is relatively safe and convenient. Yes, the corner suites are nice & they do have flat panel televisions in the "living room" area. The pool wasn't large, but it was open until midnight. They had complimentary gourmet personal-sized pizzas and hot appetizers, as well as beer/wine/liquor, during the evening reception.

My biggest gripe was the staff's behavior during the free breakfast period. Although I did not get cut off from the breakfast, I witnessed many others who were. I slipped in there at 9:25 AM one morning (breakfast ended at 9:30 AM) and was told that I was the last in line for the made-to-order omelettes. Between 9:25 AM and 9:29 AM, several others showed up and were told that the omelette line was closed. When they complained that it wasn't yet 9:30, the staff said "Sorry, but we've closed the line." One morning, I witnessed one of the omelette chefs telling a hostess that she was to cut the line off early enough that they were done cooking no later than 9:30 AM. Since when do the omelette chefs determine the closing time?

If you showed up between 9:25 AM and 9:29 AM, you could still go to the buffet line (pre-made scrambled eggs, bacon, pancakes, etc.), but things were cold & not being replenished at that point.

At 9:29 AM, people were turned away from the free breakfast altogether.

One morning, I witnessed the dining room management pushing the staff to close up the buffet lines, coffee service, cereal, etc. in "record time." So, instead of closing the self-service area/buffet line at the usual 9:35 AM (i.e. for those who had successfully made it into the dining room before 9:29 AM), it was closed promptly at 9:30 AM on that particular morning. It would have been nice if they'd put the same amount of effort into ensuring that the coffee, milk, syrup dispensers weren't empty, and that basic necessities like trays, silverware, and coffee cups were available right up until 9:30 AM.

The staff was also very anxious to get everyone cleared out of the dining room. They were determined to have every single table cleared of breakfast dishes, then set and ready for lunch by 10:00 AM sharp. (Last time I checked, lunch service began at 11:00 AM, so I'm not sure what the big rush was about.)

I've stayed at many Embassy Suites locations (business and pleasure) and have NEVER seen the breakfast buffet or made-to-order omelette lines cut off right at the designated end times....let alone 5+ minutes early. They have always been very friendly and relaxed, making sure that everyone had enough to eat before closing down the buffets and self-service areas.

So, if you stay at this location, make sure you're down to the dining room AND in the line(s) at least 10 minutes before the designated closing time. Even earlier if you actually want time to chew your food before swallowing and finish your coffee. Even better, if you're arriving close to closing time, just load up a tray or two and take it up to your room. You can reheat the cold stuff and enjoy your food at a relaxed pace.

5  Thank ZuKeeper
Reviewed April 12, 2007

My family checked into the Embassy Suites on Sunday, 4/8 and stayed 3 nights. We were traveling with 3 children (10, 8, 1).

Room - We had a one bedroom suite and it had 2 full size beds in the bedroom, a living area with a sofa bed, a kitchenette, a bathroom, and 2 TVs (1 in bedroom and 1 in living room). It was tastyfully decorated, furniture looks new, and very clean. The small fridge came in handy for drinks, etc.

Location - Hotel was close to all the attractions. Close to Chinatown and that's where CVS is located. We shopped there several times for drinks and medicine. We used the Circulator bus one day so we can get to more sights without walking. If you want to take the Circulator--it's just $3/person per day and you can ride it as many times as you want! It was very convenient and well worth the price. There aren't too many restaurants near the hotel. You have to walk around and search them out but they're nearby. I saw Ruby Tuesday, McCormick & Schmicks, Hardrock Cafe.

Breakfast - The complimentary breakfast every morning was great! Made to order omeletts were my favorite and the kids love that there were so MANY choices! My advice is to get there early. If you get there after 8:30 am, the lines are horrendous! I could not believe how long the lines were one morning. I noticed they had paper boxes one morning for the guests to take the breakfast back to the room. Some guests just take the tray with the dishes and food up to their room.

Service - I asked for a crib and it was brought up to my room in 20 minutes. I also asked for extra blankets several hours later and they were brought to my room in the same amount of time. All employees were friendly and helpful.

Valet Parking - We didn't use our car during our stay. Parking was very expensive, $28/day, if I remember correctly. Then there's parking taxi in addition to the daily rate!!

We had a very nice stay at the Embassy Suites and this is my first time staying at an Embassy Suites and it won't be our last. I didn't give it a 5-star rating because of the long breakfast lines. They should find a way for better crowd control but I don't know what they can do about it. Also, the pool is small and the water did not look right. It was a murky, greenish color, when it should be a crystal clear blue color. I didn't let my kids swim in it because of it.

2  Thank Margalita4NJ
Reviewed April 9, 2007

Stayed at the Embassy Suites, Convention Center over the Easter holiday. It was absolutely full... with kids everywhere. If you like to hear the sounds of screaming, crying five year olds at night, stay here...

The valet kept losing my keys. That was irritating. (By the way, it costs $24 to park your car for 24 hours.) The breakfast buffet was ample (pancakes, bacon/sausage and the like, but it was generally cold. You can stand in a long line and get an omlet to your liking, though. The Manager's reception, while crowded, was alright... munchees were available (if the kids didn't get to them first...) at least there was free alcohol to help you out after a long day.

Housekeeping was just as swift as the valets. They had no more pillows in the hotel. It took two calls to get some lotion.

On the plus side, the rooms were large for Washington, and there was a microwave and a small refrigerator if you needed it. It is a new hotel, and it shows.

Will I stay here again. For the right price. (And maybe not on a long weekend... I need a grown-up hotel.)

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank jobhuntin