Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Henley Park Hotel(Washington DC)
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
Grand Hyatt Washington(Washington DC)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Pod DC Hotel(Washington DC)
  • Pool
3,346 results
All reviewsthe manager's receptionfree drinks and snackscooked to order breakfastwhite housecorner suitefree happy hourcomplimentary breakfastnational mallmorning breakfastwithin walking distanceford's theateroffice buildingpull out couchliving roomvalet parkingeach eveningspy museum
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 18, 2010

This was a family trip we'd planned for two years and our kids were 11, 9, 7. We experienced the most helpful, friendly staff from the front door to the front desk to the breakfast to the manager's reception.

In particular, our daughters became sick with strep throat while on this trip. The front desk helped us locate an "Inn-House Doctor" who came to the room. While we were so disappointed that our plans were disrupted, it was easier knowing a plan was already in place. Housekeeping gave us what we needed and changed sheets for us once we knew it was strep. Also-- one time I had to go to the pharmacy while my 7 year old was asleep in the hotel room. I was talking to the concierge about the fastest way to get there and while explaining the situation he wrote down the room number & my cell phone number... "just in case". I think the gentelman's name was William at the manager's reception. He brought the girls some special snacks after they told him they had been sick.

Outside of these unusual circumstances, we found the beds to be comfortable-- even the hide-away bed in the sofa! Everything was clean. We really liked the internet stations in the lobby!!

The only complaint was at breakfast--- there were no waffles!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
CharlesHill900, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2010

I can understand the all the excitement and planning that went into this trip. Having it in the works for two years builds quite a bit of anticipation and it sounds like we were able to live up to your expectations in terms of our service. Our team members take great pride in being "Washington's Friendliest Hotel" and your comments reinforce we are meeting our goal. I am sorry to hear that your daughters became sick during the trip. I recently experienced a similar incident while out on vacation and know how it can really mess up your plans and even sour the travel experience. It does appear that some of our best hospitality came out from some of our team members including William who works our Manager's Reception. I have already shared with him the news that he was mentioned by name and when I began to read your review he remember your family right away. He was glad to help make a difference. Lastly I will address the request for waffles in our Complimentary Cooked-to-order Breakfast. We do have a rotation between french toast and pancakes, but have not gone down the road of serving waffles. As you might have observed or read from other reviews, our breakfast can get busy. In the interest of keeping lines moving and getting everyone food in a timely manner we have decided not to offer waffles. It would just take too much time to serve the amount that would be requested. I am sorry for the disappointment.

Thank you for sharing your experience. Feedback is always good, whether it is positive or constructive. I do hope you will be able to make your way back to Washington DC and you know you are welcome at our hotel. Should you be interested in a return trip or even discussing details from your past stay, don't hesitate to contact me at charles.hill@hilton.com.

Reviewed July 18, 2010

After a bad experience in our last hotel in New York City, my family and I decided to stay at a nice place. We stop at the Embassy Suites without reservation and the man at the front desk offer us a really good price. He gives us a deal for a King size suite for the price of a regular room. Our suite was very nice. Clean, big, comfortable and nice. We were able to see the Capitol from our room. With the stay, you can have free breakfast and free drink at the end of the day. If you like omelettes, the cook can make you a big one for free. The only negative point is the parking fees. It's about 33$ per day. Alson, there is no Wi-Fi in the room. The Internet is with cable only in the room.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

I am so glad to see that we helped you rebound from a bad experience in NYC. From your review it sounds like the Front Desk was able to upgrade you to a corner room with a view. We do have a few that have a view of the Capitol and Washington Monument. If we are sold out or busy, they are always the first to go. It is great to hear you were able to take advantage of the Complimentary Cooked-to-order breakfast and Manager's Reception. We like to help you start the day right with a good breakfast and relax in the evening with a couple drinks...on the house. I understand your concern about the parking, but I assure you we are competitively priced with the area. There are also alternative "lots" that are less expensive, but they do not have 24 hour service or the same security as our garage. If you plan to drive to the city, I do recommend parking with the hotel. Lastly, I see your comment about wireless internet in the guest rooms. I am happy to say we are in the process of getting wireless installed throughout the hotel. I do not have a date of completion at this moment, but it is a project we have bumped into 2010 and given top priority. I should add that we do have wireless available in the Lobby and Restaurant along with complimentary kiosks.

Thank you for sharing your experience at the hotel. I hope we have the opportunity to host you again on your next trip to Washington DC.

Reviewed July 16, 2010

I was in DC for a conference. We chose the Embassy Suites because it was close to the Convention Center. This is a top of the line Embassy Suites - immaculate rooms and good breakfast food. The staff was friendly and helpful, from the front desk to the concierge to the staff in the bar. A real treat was the GREAT food at reasonable prices we had in the bar one evening. I’d return to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business

It is always a treat to read a positive review or comment from a guest. I am happy to take the constructive comments so we can improve, but a satisfied guest is the best possible end result. I am glad you mentioned our proximity to the Convention Center. We are only a block and a half walking distance (less than 5 minutes) to the front doors making us a prime location for citywide groups. I am not sure if you were able to venture out and explore the sites, but we are conveniently located to the National Mall (Smithsonian Museums), Chinatown/Gallery Place/Verizon Center, as well as Metro accessible. In terms of hotels in Washington DC, we have the best of both worlds. Whether business or leisure, you are never far away. I am delighted to see your comments about our "friendly" and "helpful" staff. If you feel the hospitality when staying in our hotel, we have done our jobs. Your review was not extensive so it sounds like you could use some more time in the city to take advantage of the attractions. We will look forward to having you back as one of our guests.

Reviewed July 14, 2010

Spacious rooms, very friendly personel, good location, fantastic breakfast

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2010

Couldn't have asked for a better hotel experience. The rooms were comfortable and very clean. The complimentary breakfast offered great variety, so every family member was happy with the choices. The location of the hotel is perfect for easy access to DC sightseeing locations. Parking fee is pricey, but worth the price when dealing with DC parking. Most of all, the level of customer service that the hotel staff offers is some of the best that I have encountered. Wonderful experience for our entire family!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

What a great review! I am so happy to see you had a positive experience at our hotel. I have mentioned this in my previous responses, but I will say it again....it is all about customer service for us. We have a new hotel (only 4 1/2 years old) so the product is there, but it is all about hospitality. We work very hard to make a difference for all our guests and to see you comments about our service being some of the best you have encountered, I thank you. I will share this with our entire team so we can celebrate this success. I am also glad to see you mention how convenient we are for sights and attractions. I also concur regarding the parking. I understand it seems high, but compared to surrounding hotels we are at the lower end in terms of cost. Most of all, it is easy and hassle free. Our garage is secured below the hotel and does not allow access to the public. No need to feed meters or walk to the nearest garage to save a few dollars. Thank you again for sharing your comments regarding your stay. I hope to you have the opportunity to travel back up north our way. As a fellow ACC supporter I will even give you a GO CLEMSON TIGERS!!!