“Great location when visiting Washington D.C.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center
Ranked #31 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed July 19, 2014

This hotel is adjunct to the Convention center so if you are visiting for a conference, you can't go wrong. The hotel is pretty new, good an roomy suites and very good breakfast and other services. I will definitely return to this hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank DrSalonen
CharlesHill900, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Dr Salonen,

Your review is greatly appreciated and I am very happy that you enjoyed such a wonderful stay at my hotel. We try our best to be as accommodating as possible to our business travel and I am very pleased to read such a great review. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next business trip.

Charles.Hill@Hilton.com

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center

Reviewed July 17, 2014

We stayed at this hotel during the week coming up to the 4th of July and really enjoyed the overall experience. The room was fantastic for our family of 5 (3 small children). In fact, the kids said it was the nicest hotel they ever stayed in. Not sure about that, but it was certainly very nice. Breakfast was good and dinner was good as well. It is located within walking distance of the Mall, Capital and White House. It was a great experience and we will stay there again when returning to Washington. The location was also great for the fireworks as we didn't have to deal with driving and could get off of the Mall fairly easily.

1  Thank JClay1967

Dear JayClay,

What a great review of my hotel, I really appreciate you taking the time to write this review and I'm pleased to know that your family of 5 found it to be such an amazing experience. I certainly hope you were able to enjoy the holiday weekend and take in the spectacular fireworks display on the National Mall. Coming from Atlanta I'm sure you are familiar with great hospitality and I'm glad we were able to provide that for you right here in the heart of DC. If you find yourself back in DC I certainly hope you will join us again.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

We stayed here during spring break with our kids for their first visit to DC. Were able to walk to many attractions. The full breakfast offered was awesome and the dinner snacks were OK. Spring break is generally crowded in DC and I definitely felt this in the morning breakfast rush. Would recommend other families stay here just be aware of the crowds. Would also stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Lane W
CharlesHill900, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Lane,

I really appreciate you taking a moment to write this review of your Spring Break experience with your family it sounds like you were able to enjoy a lot of DC's popular attractions. While the summer months can bring in quite a number of guests we always encourage guests to try and get to the free breakfast as early as possible to enjoy a nice leisurely breakfast. I hope you enjoyed your stay in the Nation's Capital and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

As a Hilton Diamond member I accrue my business miles and then spend them on family vacations. With 3 children we have always valued the extra space an Embassy Suites affords us. We have spent points at Embassy suites in San Diego, Chicago, Savannah, Atlanta so as we planned our DC trip this was the obvious choice. We chose the convention center location due to its proximity to the metro and the national mall. I can say without hesitation this was the most accommodating staff we have experienced. The breakfast was the best ES breakfast we have experienced, the managers reception was easy to navigate and featured a unique cocktail each night. The housekeeping staff provided all the extras we needed. The location is great for experiencing DC. One final touch I thought was really first class, on the morning we departed the valet asked how many were traveling in our vehicle. When he pulled our Sequoia around it had a cold bottle of water in each cup holder. I highly recommend this Embassy Suites, it is a credit to the chain.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Jeff H

Dear Jeff,

You had a first class experience with our valet and I must say this was a first class review of my hotel and I appreciate you taking a moment to share in detail how exceptional you found the staff here to be. I always appreciate reading feedback from our guests but this is the type of review that I never grow tired of reading. Embassy Suites are always such a great option for families and I appreciate you choosing my hotel as your home away from home. The location certainly makes this an excellent place to stay but the staff and our friendly service puts the icing on the cake. I am very pleased to know that you and your family enjoyed such a wonderful stay here and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

We just returned from an eight night stay at this hotel. The biggest "pro" to this hotel is the location, it's very convenient to all the sites! The walk is an easy one to the mall and monuments and it's close to the metro. The hotel was rather crowded on the weekends so be prepared for some longer lines at breakfast and the evening reception. Even with the crowds, the wait time wasn't bad. The rooms were comfortable but could use some updating. The furniture was older and worn and needed replacing. All in all it's a good hotel but I think next time we would consider a different location. Given how easy it was to use the Metro, I'd consider a hotel a little further out for half the cost!

Dear KingLouie,

I really appreciate you taking a moment to write this very candid and reflective review of your experience at my hotel. It really is quite convenient to be able to walk to many of DC's attractions and stay right in the heart of DC, I hope you truly enjoyed exploring this wonderful city. We certainly try very hard to ensure that the breakfast lines don't get too long so we always encourage guests to come earlier in the morning to allow for a much more leisurely meal. One of the best benefits that can't be quantified is the amount of time you receive staying in such a central location. Add in the free breakfast, drinks and the large spacious suites and the value becomes hard to beat. I certainly hope you will give us careful consideration on your next trip to DC. Please be sure to check out our special packages that will help sweeten the deal and increase your savings. Until then, safe and happy travels!

Reviewed July 12, 2014

This is a beautiful hotel with a very helpful concierge and the Valets were very friendly. The only problem we had was checking out. There were 2 girls behind the counter, but one was drinking coffee and the other eating a bag of chips. When i approached in the Honors line, the one with the chips went in the back while the other attended to a customer. I waited for 10 Minutes to check out. Then it was not very friendly.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
CharlesHill900, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Dear Georgana,

I really appreciate you taking a moment to write this feedback of my hotel and I am pleased to know that you enjoyed great service from the valet and concierge. I certainly hope you were able to check out some great fireworks during your stay as well! I do sincerely apologize for your experience at the front desk, there is no reason why anyone should have been eating food at the front desk even if it was to finish her bag of chips away from customers. I will certainly investigate this matter and ensure that this type of situation does not occur again. I hope that you will join us on your next trip to DC, until then safe and happy travels.

Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Right in the heart of DC, close to Madame Tussard and bus routes. Not too far from the White House and even Union Station if you feel like a walk. Rooms comfortable for 4. Clean linen and towels. The incredibly friendly Bellmen and Front desk made up for the carpets that need a good clean and too little coffee to serve 4 in the morning. Wi-fi only complimentary in public spaces, not the rooms. Concierge did everything except get on the bus with us, such a pleasure to be served by such helpful people.

Stayed: June 2014

Helen,

What a great review of my hotel, I really appreciate you taking the time to write this fantastic feedback. I also hope you were able to take some awesome pictures at the Madame Tussaud Museum, such a fun and unique experience just down the street. It also sounds like you enjoyed some great service at the front desk, something our hotel continuously works hard to provide. If you ever find yourself back in DC please use the promo code TRP for complimentary internet service in your room. This is also available to any additional trip advisor readers who stay with us. Safe and happy travels to your next destination.