Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center
Ranked #31 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Steamboat
“Great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

Perfect location for the Verizon center and restaurants. The complimentary cocktail hour and made to order breakfast add to the experience. All rooms are suites and are maintained to the highest level

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (454)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

Even though I'm technically not a frequent enough traveler to automatically qualify for complimentary internet, I've been comped the last couple of times here. That's a real blessing. The room itself is excellent, with a nice comfy bed. The only possible complaint I could have is that the breakfast is so good that I usually eat too much of it, and have to spend half the morning recovering from it! I highly recommend the Embassy Suites!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank elainezfw .
Davenport, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

We went to Dc with our grandkids for a few days of history and fun. We stayed previously at the HGI by McPHerson because of the proximity to the metro. We were so pleasantly surprised at how close the Embassy Suites Convention to not only one but 2 metros. (Mcpherson and Metro center.) The Embassy, Joseph, manager, and all were so very accommodating. They go out of their way to make sure your stay is great. The hotel was exceptionally clean and safe. The breakfast is the very best with made to order omelets. (the cute waitress is so friendly in dining and gentleman) The day we left could have been the biggest disaster since we left car keys in the safe. The very great staff including CJ (who drove to airport to give us) made it possible to complete our flight. THANK YOU AND WE WILL BE BACK EMBASSY SUITES CONVENTION DC

Room Tip: THE FOOD is very good and nicely priced in Finn and Porters in Embassy. The yellow line to China t...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CharlesHill900, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Greetings Kathy s,

Nothing I can possibly say can express how amazing it is for the whole team here to read your review. We know we are in a pretty good spot here in DC and have a great hotel that is only 8 years old, but when we can deliver on the service and make a guest feel as good as you do about your experience, that is what it is all about. I have shared this with our entire staff and will be personally recognizing both Joseph and CJ when they are in next for going above and beyond. Thank you for sharing your experience and taking the time to let others know about us.

We will be waiting to welcome you back when travel brings you to DC next. Until then, travel safely and often!

Milford, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

This hotel is in a great location, being only about .5 mile from the White House, Washington Monument, and Smithsonian. The staff was very welcoming. Valet parking is expensive, but there is a surface lot nearby. Breakfast is complimentary but is typical food service quality (you know hotel eggs are like?) unless you choose to have a custom omelet made. There is a decent choice of foods, though, ranging from scrambled eggs/bacon/sausage to yogurt/oatmeal/fruit.

Our suite was very roomy compared to other downtown city hotels we've stayed in, complete with a pull-out sofa, writing desk, fridge/microwave, and safe in the outer room, and two double beds in the bedroom. The beds were very firm to the point of almost being uncomfortable.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hi vmalott,

I am so glad we had the chance to welcome you as our guest this month. It has been a bit colder than normal, but with so many great things to do indoors the trip is definitely worth it.

Your comments are appreciated and I am glad to see you overall enjoyed the hotel. We certainly have an amazing location being right in the heart of DC and I am glad you were able to take advantage of this and see some of the great sites the city has to offer. I do apologize you did not find the bed to be comfortable and must admit this is not typical of the type of feedback I get about our beds. I would be very interested to find out what room you stayed in (and will send a separate note) so I can investigate further. The "Super Topper" mattress pad that we have on all our Serta branded mattresses are really quite comfortable and I would like to make sure this room is setup appropriately. A good nights sleep it really so important.

While I am not certain how long you were with us, I am sure you did not get a chance to do everything has to offer. With that said, we will be ready to welcome you back when travel allows. Cherry Blossoms will be here before you know it!

Jupiter, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

I booked four rooms and my students and co-workers all loved their rooms. The staff was friendly and helpful, from the moment we drove up to the time we checked out. The morning breakfast and evening social are amazing. A++ service and room condition.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

From the moment my husband and I arrived last Friday and left Sunday, the staff was so attentive and courteous. A special thank you to Rose, in the cocktail area and Ashley in the dining room. Their service was outstanding. The cooks at breakfast prepared our food quickly and always with a smile and a gracious "thank you". Checking in and out was a breeze. The staff at the front desk really know how to take the stress out of that process. We will definitely be heading back there in the Spring for another weekend getaway!!!

Management should be commended for hiring a superior staff! Well done!!!

Roseann and Bill Briesacher

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view. Even though we were a few doors down from the elevator, it was so...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Roseann B
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

Good location and easy to get around. When shopping around the price was great for the area, and I felt the hotel was very nice. Parking at the hotel was very expensive, and even though my company pays for parking I decided to park in a public lot a block away, which was almost $20 cheaper. For the 3 nights I stayed there it seemed the front desk only had one employee working, and sometimes there would be a line. Overall very nice hotel and good value. The breakfast is cook to order, and not a continental breakfast. Be aware that they do not offer free internet, so unless you are Hilton Honors Gold, you need to factor that into the price.

Room Tip: There are other parking options nearby if the price at the hotel is too steep. Breakfast is cook to...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CharlesHill900, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Greetings bills8,

Your comments and feedback are very much appreciated and most of all, thank you for being our guest!

It is good to hear your point of view on parking and the visible staffing level at the hotel. I have been very careful to ensure we are competitively priced with the area for parking and ensure we have enough staff to take care of our guests, but I have begun to look into your comments to see if I need to address either. While I really enjoy hearing positive guest feedback, I am just as grateful to get the constructive feedback as well. Otherwise I might not know if something needs attention.

I would assume travel to Washington DC is not too uncommon and if you happen to be coming back I hope you will let us welcome you back. If you need any assistance with reservations, don't hesitate to let me know.