“Clean, quiet, nice dinner in the hotel restaurant”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center
Ranked #31 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
lizardlips48
“Clean, quiet, nice dinner in the hotel restaurant”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

My room was clean and comfortable. The separate bedroom and living areas work well for business travel, although I didn't need to use the living area for this trip. The wireless worked well, although I don't like having to pay. Typical DC valet parking rates--ergo, high. But it's a convenient location and well-staffed in the lobby area. The manager's reception was so-so, but dinner in the restaurant was good and reasonably priced for the area. I've stayed before and I'll stay again for business.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CharlesHill900, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Greetings lizardlips48!

First, great screen name. I can only imagine there is a good story to accompany its origin. Secondly, thank you for taking time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. Always welcome constructive and positive feedback.

It would appear you were satisfied with your stay and to the point that you will come back and stay with us again. I am also guessing that from the number of Trip Advisor contributions you have that you travel somewhat regularly and would like to point out that if you take part in the Hilton HHonors program, our Gold and Diamond status travelers receive complimentary High Speed Internet for their loyalty. In addition, really appreciate the feedback regarding our Restaurant, Finn & Porter. Our Executive Chef has been with us for about 3 months and the change is very apparent in our menu, food quality, and overall dining experience. Thank you for the praise.

I guess I will simply bid farewell until your next trip. Please don't hesitate to let me know if I can assist with reservation assistance. Until then, travel safely and often!

Charles.Hill@Hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Minnesota
Reviewed November 23, 2013

The location is perfect if you have a conference at the convention center. Also close to China town and art museum. Lots of restaurants within walking distance. The rooms are typical Embassy but a tad bit larger. Rooms were clean except for a small portion of the bathroom counter and an end table. Beds very comfortable. We were given a free upgrade to a larger room. There were 2 bath rugs in the bathroom, never seen that before! The pool and hot tub were good and the hot tub was actually hot! The breakfast was a bit sub par for an embassy. The omelet station was good and quick. A specialty omelet was offered each day. On the hot buffet, were runny scrambled eggs, soggy waffles or pancakes which were alternated each day, sausage, bacon and potatoes. The muffin and danish selection were the same each day. The offerings are varied more at other Embassy's. There were no flavored creamers offered. Other than the omelet station which is not offered at the Hampton, the breakfast at the Hampton was of better quality. Good and helpful staff.

Hi MinnesotaRanday!

I just wanted to express my thanks for sharing your experience at my hotel on Trip Advisor. It was our pleasure to be your host while visiting Washington DC and please know your feedback is appreciated. I will share your thoughts with my staff and congratulate on the successes and see if we can improve on your constructive feedback. Overall, you seem to be pleased with your stay and that is the most important thing.

Should travel bring you back to Washington DC, please keep us in mind so we can welcome you back!

Charles.Hill@hilton.com
Lynchburg, Virginia, United States
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I came with a large group of co-workers for a conference. The location was great for what we needed. The problem was at check in we were told that they did not have the rooms we booked available! We booked three rooms in JULY for two nights in NOVEMBER! They said they would "upgrade" us to a larger king size room, so now instead of two beds and a pull out couch, three people had to share a king size bed. If this was an upgrade, I would not have wanted to see a regular room. We had no other option, as all other nearby hotels were booked for this large conference. We asked for cots and were told they don't have any, it is a fire hazard. We asked to speak with a manage, get additional rooms, anything. The receptionist left, came back several minutes later and said they were borrowing cots from another hotel. Wait, I thought it is a fire hazard? Needless to say, we paid a lot of money to sleep on couches and cots. Also, it was very noisy each night. We were in a corner on the end, and still could hear EVERYTHING going on around us.

Greetings Amy E!

Let me start by apologizing for the experience you had at my hotel. I was made aware of this situation and assured my staff was able to make this up to you. Your review gives me the impression this is not the case. I would like to offer to personally discuss and make this right. While I have no acceptable excuse and we do as much as we can to manage against these types of situations and it is most important we take care of you. In regards to rollaway beds, we do not keep them on property because every suite has a pullout sofa bed. It is not a fire code violation to have them, but there is a maximum occupancy of 5 per room and we have found that supplying these beds encourages even more occupants than allowed.

While I did not see much about other aspects of your stay, I do understand your frustration has taken a front seat to the experience. Should you be willing or like to discuss further, my email is listed below. Please reach out at your convenience. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts and I hope to hear form you!

nassau, United States
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Very well located for walkable activities busy busy but they handle it all. The resturant was excellent especially the lunch it was a great deal for the money and very delicious! If you're visting the White House its an easy walk. If you're headed to the Capitol it's a ling walk but doable on a nice day.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Hello Janet C!

Thank you for the great review! I am so glad to see you enjoyed your stay here in Washington DC and at the Embassy Suites DC Convention Center. I know just how lucky we are to be so centrally located, but really appreciate you sharing your experience.

Next time travel brings you to DC, I expect to see you back here! :)

orange co., CA
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Nice location for tourists, terrible happy hour ( managers reception), warm beer same snacks 3 days straight. Breakfast was pretty good but the bagels and pastries were STALE. I would not stay there again. We stayed in four other Embassy Suite in the VA, NC, area this was by far the worst

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Greetings Richard J,

Thank you for choosing the Embassy Suites and for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor!

I appreciate your feedback regarding your stand and want to let you know I have discussed with my Food & Beverage team to address. We have made some changes in the past few weeks that I believe speak to your concerns and am confident you will find our Evening Reception in line with the other Embassy Suites properties you mentioned. If you have a need to travel back to DC, please let me know as I would appreciate getting your feedback now that you have let us know about your concerns. Until then, travel safely and often!

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Embassy was one of the choices for a conference. We have used the Embassy Suites on many occassions. The hotel was close to the conference center, and to the Metro system. We used the Metro extensively when not on business. My negative remarks are: 1. People within a close distance view this hotel as a "family" stay, due to the amenities. There were kids everywhere, especially the pool area on the weekends. 2. The hotel was not as nice as other Embassy Suites we have stayed in - needs a little uplift. Good comments - service was good, food was ok. If returning for pleasure, I would consider another Embassy Suites a little further out of downtown, but close to the Metro.

Hi mtgijoe!

Thank you for staying with us in November! We do have a very central location here in the city and I am glad you found that to be convenient for your needs.

Your comments are appreciated and taken to heart. As an Embassy Suites, we do cater to not only the business traveler, but families as well. Depending upon the time of year, we can have a fairly even mix with our guests, but generally business travel happens Sunday-Thursday and leisure travel is heavy on Friday & Saturday. If you were not pleased with the variety of guests during your stay, I apologize for that.

We do have about 5 Embassy Suites in the Washington DC Metro Area and while I do like to think we have the best location, the other properties are good options as well. Should rooms not be available or location not be as important I encourage you to take a look at some of the other locations. In the end, I would much rather you come back and stay with us, but your happiness is the most important thing.

Thank you again and have a great Holiday Season!

Charles.Hill@hilton.com
Johnson City, New York
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Friends and I travelled to Washington for a concert and stayed at the Embassy Suites. We had a great stay. The location was in the heart of DC, near the metro and an easy walk to the theater. The complimentary manager's reception at night and the breakfast in the morning were both amazing and we appreciated them very much. Our suite was clean and comfortable. We loved our stay and would gladly stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends