“Clean Hotel in Good Location”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center
Ranked #32 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Stayed here for a night. Efficient checkin service and comfortably typical Embassy rooms. The evening reception is chaos since it is tucked away in the back side of the restaurant. Anticipate long lines for drinks. For breakfast, I'd suggest showing up early as again you will wait for a table.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center

Reviewed November 10, 2013

As a tourist you want a hotel that is close, but not too close, to the sights you want to visit. This hotel at 10th NW is perfect, close to public transportation, walking distance to the White House and the Mall plus a taxi-stand just outside the door for other transportations needs. When arriving by car just leave it at the curb and the staff will park it for you (no other access to the parking grarage). And when you need the car again just give them 10 minutes notice.
The hotel is fairly large but has the atmosphere of a smaller hotel. The friendly staff at the front desk will go the extra mile at any time. The consigierge in the main lobby will answer all your questions (of practical and touristic matter). The suites are large and there is a fold-out bed in the livingroom. In the bedrom the king-size bed is very comfortable.
The complimentary breakfast is great. With all the trimmings you may want, some made to order others brom the buffet. And the for those at the hotel in the hours between afternoon and evening there is a complimentary buffet whith drinks.
(The only snag we encountered was the Wi-Fi, which we couldn´t get up and running. But on the other hand there is a business center in the basement and on vacation the Internet/e-mail should not be a priority.)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank FontanaACS
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I loved everything about this hotel. Great value for the price. Best complimentary hotel breakfast I have ever had. It had the normal premade eggs, meats, and hot items, cereal, oatmeal, etc and also made to order omelettes, eggs, egg sandwiches, etc. Everything was extremely neat and orderly and every single employee I met was kind, genuinely friendly, helpful, and professional. We felt the excellent service from the second we got there, very frazzled after a long trip when the bellhops and valets greeted us with a smile and took care of our bags in seconds, to the time we left, when the valet handed us directions and two bottles of water for the road. Those little touches along with helpful smiles made all the difference.

This was also my first stay at an Embassy Suites so the manager's reception was a fantastic surprise as well! Nothing like free drinks (alcoholic and nonalcoholic) and snacks to unwind after a long trip.

I felt that the hotel was well maintained and clean, the room was spacious (we were on the 7th floor) and even the pool area felt that way (sometimes hotel pools don't seem very sanitary to me).

The location was also perfect. It's less than two blocks from the convention center and metro, closely situated to many restaurants and shops, and five blocks from the white house. You can also easily walk to the other main sites and memorials in the area for sightseeing (we did).

My only complaint is that you have to pay $9.95 for wifi for each 24 hours. With so many other nice perks, it seemed odd to have to pay for wifi, especially at a hotel suited for business travelers. You also have to pay for parking but I expected that in a large city.

All in all, by far my favorite business travel experience and I will definitely return to this location in the future when I am in the DC area, and I will be.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

This hotel was perfect for our needs. We spent a weekend in DC with our 2 teenagers, who LOVED the breakfast so much they wanted to eat every meal at the hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable and housekeeping brought extra bedding quickly. The location is convenient to walking to all sights with bigger kids, and the valet does not charge for taking your car in and out, which was great for evenings.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Heather F
Reviewed November 6, 2013

A great place to stay only block from multiple Metro stops and the National Mall. As a business traveler, this hotel is always right off the main arteries of the DC Metro. This allows me, no matter where I am going, the opportunity to drop off my baggage at the hotel and not have to drag my luggage around all day.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I arrived here with my son after a 5 hour flight. I love these rooms because there is space in the room to walk around - like a small apartment. The pool provided a refreshing way to loosen up after the long flight and the free Evening Reception was especially appreciated - for both the wine for me and a drink and snacks enjoyed by my 10 year old son. ALL the staff members were very friendly, not just a few of them. We were greeted with smiles - even just in passing in the hallway. The location is great because it is near the Metro which you can take to the National Mall, the Zoo, and the airport. The International Spy Museum is just a few blocks away and my 10 year old son and I both loved it! I will definitely stay here and at other Embassy Suites again, and as often as I can. I stayed at one in Philadelphia once which was also a great experience.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
1  Thank Traveldreams17
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Nice clean room but hate those pillows! They give you about 6 for the bed but they are small. Annoying having all those little pillows. Mattress good. The parking, while in and out at no extra cost. cost with the tax $46.overnight. Hefty. There breakfast is very good. The nightly cocktail hour is great. Internet at additional charge in your room. If you want to use your 3G it is awful. Same with Verizon phone signal- almost impossible to bet any signal.

Travelers also viewed these Washington DC hotels
Downtown / Chinatown
Hampton Inn Washington, DC - Convention Center
Hilton Garden Inn Washington, DC Downtown
Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End
Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington D.C. Georgetown
Embassy Suites by Hilton Washing...
#44 of 142 in Washington DC
Courtyard Washington Convention Center
Mount Vernon Square
Homewood Suites by Hilton Washington DC Convention Center
Homewood Suites by Hilton Washin...
#33 of 142 in Washington DC
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chevy Chase Pavilion

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center? Share your experiences!