“Great service, breakfast, and location!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center
Ranked #30 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Bedford, New York
“Great service, breakfast, and location!”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

This hotel was perfect for our needs. We spent a weekend in DC with our 2 teenagers, who LOVED the breakfast so much they wanted to eat every meal at the hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable and housekeeping brought extra bedding quickly. The location is convenient to walking to all sights with bigger kids, and the valet does not charge for taking your car in and out, which was great for evenings.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Heather F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (469)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Kansas City, United States
Reviewed November 6, 2013

A great place to stay only block from multiple Metro stops and the National Mall. As a business traveler, this hotel is always right off the main arteries of the DC Metro. This allows me, no matter where I am going, the opportunity to drop off my baggage at the hotel and not have to drag my luggage around all day.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Oakland, California
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I arrived here with my son after a 5 hour flight. I love these rooms because there is space in the room to walk around - like a small apartment. The pool provided a refreshing way to loosen up after the long flight and the free Evening Reception was especially appreciated - for both the wine for me and a drink and snacks enjoyed by my 10 year old son. ALL the staff members were very friendly, not just a few of them. We were greeted with smiles - even just in passing in the hallway. The location is great because it is near the Metro which you can take to the National Mall, the Zoo, and the airport. The International Spy Museum is just a few blocks away and my 10 year old son and I both loved it! I will definitely stay here and at other Embassy Suites again, and as often as I can. I stayed at one in Philadelphia once which was also a great experience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Traveldreams17
fort lee , new jersey
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Nice clean room but hate those pillows! They give you about 6 for the bed but they are small. Annoying having all those little pillows. Mattress good. The parking, while in and out at no extra cost. cost with the tax $46.overnight. Hefty. There breakfast is very good. The nightly cocktail hour is great. Internet at additional charge in your room. If you want to use your 3G it is awful. Same with Verizon phone signal- almost impossible to bet any signal.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Gillette, United States
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Hotel was beautiful and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The Breakfast was delicious, loved the fresh omelets! Only issue was the hottub was a little ishy! Had a bit of a bad smell and was a little green. But other than that great hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

CharlesHill900, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Hi Irma A,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor and most of all, choosing our hotel. I can't tell you how proud I am to see comments about great experiences with our staff, because that is our main job and purpose as hospitality professionals. If you leave happy, we have lived up to and hopefully exceeded expectations.

I am hopeful that travel brings you back to DC and if so, we would love to welcome you back. Until then, travel safely and often!

Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed November 3, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I like this hotel in Washington DC. The breakfast is fantastic- The Manager's Reception is less so. I have been to other Embassy Suites that have more substantial snacks to go along with the drinks. You can, however, get to the Smithsonian, the White House, and the rest of the Mall in minutes!

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Greetings christyjmmormick!

Thank you for choosing the Embassy Suites DC Convention Center for your trip to DC this past August. I am not positive, but it sounds like you might have stayed with us before so I am grateful to know we lived up to expectations.

Your comments are helpful and insightful. I can say that our Food & Beverage team has made some adjustments to the setup and menu in our Managers Reception in order to give our guests the best possible experience. Any additional constructive feedback on what we can do to improve would be very much appreciated. Suggestions are always a good thing.

I am relieved to know that you have a permanent home for all your trips to DC so I expect to see you back. Until then, travel safely and often!

washington dc, United States
Reviewed November 1, 2013

My family has stayed at this hotel twice and we love the location. It is within walking distance of so many DC attractions, like Fords Theatre, Smithsonian Museums, and the White House. I would definitely recommend it

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Deron M
CharlesHill900, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Hi Deron M,

Thank you for choosing the Embassy Suites Washington DC Convention Center and coming back to see us again. I know we have a hotel in a great location, but it is important we make our guests happy and it appears we are doing just that with you and your family. Please come and see us again.