“Great Place to Stay!”

Ranked #32 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Panama City, Florida
“Great Place to Stay!”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Hotel is great location, easy taxi ride to the Smithsonian and monuments.

We spent a week here with two of our grandchildren and had a great time.
The kids are 7 and 9, and were treated very well by Nunu. Nunu always found them at breakfast to make sure they had everything they wanted. On our last day, we asked them if them if they were a home sick and ready to go home. They said they weren't home sick, and when we left they were going to miss Nunu!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
CharlesHill900, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Greetings Gpa9Jim!

I can't thank you enough for taking time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I have read your review in every department to remind my team that this is what we strive for every day. A satisfied guest is our goal and one that is so pleased with their experience that they go online to post a review and mention a team member by name is perfect. Nunu is a great team member and I assure you she has been recognized thanks to your comments.

If you were here during the Government shutdown then I am sure many sites were missed and you will need to bring you kids back at some point. We would be delighted to welcome you back and I know Nunu will be waiting. Until then, travel safely and often!

Charles.Hill@Hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (457)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Travelling with 3 kids always makes finding a good hotel somewhat difficult.
This hotel was perfect for us.
Conveniently located in downtown DC, close to all the monuments, capitol building and museums.
Complementary breakfast was excellent.
Evening drinks and nibbles excellent.
Staff were excellent.
Room was good and large enough for the 5 of us.
We did need to move rooms during the stay as the guests in the room next door were drunk and loud to 4 am and really should have been kicked out rather than moving us, especially as others were also making complaints. Would have been a rating of 5 otherwise.
I would highly recommend for families.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
CharlesHill900, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Hello Anthony B!

I can't tell you how excited I am to see that you traveled literally half-way around the world to Washington DC and selected my hotel as your home away from home. As a father of two I can empathize with your desire to find a good, family friendly hotel. I must say, that even if I did not work for Embassy Suites, I would still use them when traveling. This brand just makes it easier.

I can't thank you enough for your comments and especially about our Staff. That is music to my ears and I will be sure to celebrate with the team. I do apologize for the apparent noise issue and will take this back so we can be sure we are acting swiftly when these type of issues arise.

While I imagine this was a trip that will not be repeated soon based on distance, I hope we have the chance to welcome you back. Until then, travel safely and often!

Vaudreuil-Dorion, Canada
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Stayed 3 nights last week at this hotel, excellent, safe location, Service from Kenneth at the reception desk to Tim at the front door and all the staff at breakfast and manager's cocktail. all where very friendly and helpful. Room king suite looking at Capital Hill very big and clean. Super breakfast arrive early to have an omelet of your choice or just use the buffet. Hot and savory. Manager's cocktail all the drinks you need and some stuff to eat (needs more variety)

In all a great place look for specials. Parking 40$ a day. Seems like that everywhere.
Yes it's very quite after 7PM a couple of restaurants at a 10 to 15 minute walk. Tried Nopa Kitchen & Bar and Toscana West. Check reviews.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
CharlesHill900, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Greetings tenorvince!

What a great review! I am most excited to see that you mentioned both Kenneth and Tim from our Front Office team. Both are new within the past couple months, but already making a positive impact with our guests. I will be certain to share your comments with the entire staff and give special recognition to Kenneth and Tim.

I can't thank you enough for taking time to post your thoughts and experience. I am not certain if DC is on your travel destination list often, but please let me know if I can assist with reservations to come back and stay with us. We would be happy to welcome you back! Until then, travel safely and often!

Seal Beach, California
Reviewed October 7, 2013

So the location is great. Housekeeping was good, free happy hour and breakfast was good as well. And they have a decent gym/pool area.
What knocks the rating down is the lack of free internet/wifi. We stayed for 7 nights but couldn't believe that Hilton didn't provide free Wi-Fi service to it's guests! Come on guys, get with it. All your comepetition provides this to their guests. Plus their lobby's free internet/wifi comptuers never did work during our stay. The business center had laptops, but it was really out of the way to try to conduct business. If you have Verizon, beware that your cell phone will be very hard to use in your room--dropped calls, connection trouble. Had to go down to the lobby to use it. The front desk service was hit and miss, just depending on who was in a good mood that day.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Hi Ume!
Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. Your comments are constructive and for that I thank you. I will certainly be sure to share your feedback with my Housekeeping team.

I definitely understand the frustration regarding the cost for Wi-Fi. While I know that most limited service hotels provide this complimentary, all major full service properties still have a pay structure in place due to the size circuit required for larger hotels. In order to combat this, we do provide complimentary access in the lobby and restaurant. I am glad you mentioned that the kiosk was out of order. I became aware of this last Friday and had it back up and running the same day. This is just another complimentary option and I am confident we have solved the issue.

Again, thank you for your time and most of all for choosing our hotel. Your comments will be used to improve and I am hopeful that we can get another chance should you be coming back to DC. Until then, travel safely and often!

Lewiston
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This hotel was all that it was supposed to be and more. The employees went out of their way to be helpful in light of the government closure. The only thing that I would have liked was free WI-FI $15.95 per day is pretty steep!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

I can't express how much I appreciate you for taking time to share your thoughts on our hotel. While I am always open to positive feedback, I can take the constructive as well so we can improve. Please don't hesitate to reach our and let me know if we could have done anything better.

I am hopeful we will see you back next time travel brings you to Washington DC.

Encinitas, California
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Recently returned to this Embassy Suite for a 10 night stay. Great location. Easy to use bus around the corner.Excellent inclusive breakfast and afternoon cocktails. Friendly staff. Free internet. Quiet room. Clean. Close to many restaurants. Lots of construction going on around the hotel but not a problem. I rated it 5 stars the last time. Still 5 stars. A winner.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the outside construction.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
CharlesHill900, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Hi allanerny!

Thank you for taking time to share you experience on Trip Advisor. I can't tell you how excited I am to see such a great review that spanned 10 nights. I went from department to department today to share your comments. Of everything you mentioned, the thing that makes me the most proud is "Friendly staff." That is the variable that not everyone can claim. There are a lot of great hotels in Washington DC, but it is our staff that will make the difference.

While it might be true that you were able to see just about everything in 10 days, I am hopeful that you will have a need to come back to our nation's capital. If so, please let me know. We would love to welcome you back. Until then, travel safely and often!

Springfield, IL
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We took advantage of United's "filing error" and booked 2 roundtrip tickets to Washington D.C. the weekend of Sept 27-30, 2013. The Embassy Suites was rated well and offered a very comfortable $119/night rate which i knew included a full breakfast and cocktail hour from staying at other locations. We arrived late (midnight) and was upgraded? to a larger suite (1105), which was quite nice, but located behind the elevator shaft. The noise didn't bother me, but kept my husband up a bit. The breakfast was quite plentiful, although the set up was confusing for most people. It seems people are not sure how to wait for their turn. The happy hour was very nice with a good selection of beer, spirits and wine. The wine was quite good. The location of the hotel is great. You are near the subway and an easy walk to the white house and monuments along the mall. Our first time in Washington D.C., it took 3 days to get my directions straight, but other than that, a great trip.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
CharlesHill900, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Hi MsBeags!
Your review highlights what appeared to be a great weekend getaway to DC. I know there are a lot of choice here in our nations capital, so Thank You for choosing the Embassy Suites.

I appreciate all your feedback and am delighted to read you both enjoyed the hotel and our great location. We know we have an advantage offering the complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and evening reception on top of having all suites, but it is always nice to hear from a satisfied guest. Your comment about elevator noise issue is a first, but you since you include the room number I will have to go and test it out to see if we can make any adjustments. Never want anyone to be kept up at night.

Thank you again for taking time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. There is so much to do in our city that I am sure you have more than enough reason to come back for yet another weekend escape. When that time comes, please let us know. We would be delighted to welcome you back.