“Great option for family travel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center

Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center
Ranked #27 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Great option for family travel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

This was our first stay at an Embassy Suites and it was a really good experience. Having realized that with 2 children under 4, all cramming into a single hotel room is no fun for anyone, we wanted to try a suite option that would be comfortable but not ridiculously expensive, and this fit the bill. The room was clean and comfortable, with enough space for our family to spread out. Having a separate sleeping area so that we could watch a movie after the kids went to bed was great. The service at this particular hotel was excellent. The staff was friendly, ready with good recommendations for restaurants and directions, and always greeted our children. We wound up having to check out suddenly a day early because one of our children was ill, and they accommodated us without any trouble. The breakfast is decent, especially given that it is included. The location was also great for us - a reasonable walk to the Mall, and very close to a convenient Metro line. I would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to DC for a family trip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
  • Hebrew first
Chattanooga
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

OK experience...breakfast and evening reception nice touch. Can't say much nice about registration desk..showed favoritism towards certain guests. Bellmen and Doormen always went out of their way to be nice. Security not the best saw a lot of "strays" going thru lobby checking things out then leaving. Stayed for 5 nights to attend a conference at the center....so stayed there due to the short walk..or would have changed hotels after 1st night..they do not really seem to care about you since DC is such a tourist town, your level of satisfaction not a priority.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

1 Thank bbandky
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Just completed a 6-night family of 4 stay and thought this location was good for the breakfast; location to the trolley "hop on" tour; and close to two metro stations. You can walk to the Mall or take the metro two stops. We were upgraded to a 'two room suite' which helped with the space. It has 2 double beds and a pull-out bed, as well as fridge, microwave and two tvs.
The good:
Afternoon Manager's Reception; free Breakfast; Location; And one front desk member who 'took' a pencil from the gift shop, sharpened it and gave it to my daughter when he couldn't find one behind the counter. (She was working on a school project).
The Bad:
Our view (a brick wall); the pool (kind of smelly and cloudy); One grumpy breakfast staff member who, for two days in a row, was really kind of rude. (This is not a mark against the hotel and who know what she was going though this week).
Caution: A little pricey, but so is DC and Valet parking costs are CRAZY! I parked in the public lot kitty-corner to the hotel.
If returning with a family, I would come back. (Unless another hotel offered such a full breakfast)

Room Tip: Use Public Parking instead of Valet! and ask for a room with a view (Not the back alley)
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights in early April for a convention. If you've stayed at an Embassy Suites previously, you have an idea of the room. I had a large 2 room suite, bedroom with 2 beds, dresser and nightstand. The bathroom was clean, large and had all the amenities. There was the standard kitchenette with sink, microwave, coffee maker and fridge. There was an in-room safe which easily fit my iPad and small laptop. The closet had enough hangers for several people and there was a full size ironing board and iron. The sitting area had a couch, coffee table, TV and table with 3 chairs which would be great for a meeting. I enjoyed the PM happy hour with free drinks, veggies & dip and chips and salsa. The included breakfasts were great, too, with an area to get custom omelets and a standard hot and cold buffet. The staff were friendly and tables were cleaned promptly. There is a charge for wi-fi in the room and the signal was strong and speed was good. Wi-fi is free in the lobby and there are enough electrical outlets to charge all your devices if you don't want to pay for the wi-fi. For those who use Sprint cell service, in my room (614) the signal was available near the window but not in the sitting area. Cell service in the rest of the hotel was great. The hotel is about a 5 minute walk from the convention center and is close to Chinatown. I didn't try the bar or the restaurant.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Our family of 5 just spent 5 nights here while we toured DC. We were overall very happy with our stay. We spend a lot of time planning and researching hotels when preparing for vacation, and determined that this Embassy Suites was the place for us. We had previously determined that the Metro was not something we wanted to deal with, but we instead wanted to focus on being able to walk to our destinations. We took a taxi to the Capitol Building, but easily walked to Ford's Theater, all the monuments, the Smithsonians. Our children are 6, 9, and 11 and the walking distance was not a problem at all.

We enjoyed the size of the room, and the children loved swimming each evening in the indoor pool. Our kids also LOVED the complimentary snack time from 5:30-7:30 each evening! The adults enjoyed the cocktail hours as well.

We found the hotel staff to be very helpful! The staff helped us with getting a taxi, finding restaurants, with directions, etc. They were all helpful during our entire stay.

Although we travel quite a bit, I am not naturally comfortable in big cities. However, I felt very comfortable from the minute I talked to the bellhop that helped us to our room until we checked out 5 days later.

My husband's favorite part was the made to order omelets he had every morning. We saved quite a bit of $ by having breakfast here each morning.

This was a great place to stay!

Valet parking is expensive ($39/ night + tax) - not sure if that is more or less than other hotels in DC.

• Stayed April 2013
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I arrived after a long day of travel and was met by very friendly staff. I decided to use room service the first night as I was prepping for my next day. The food was wonderful - both taste and in presentation. The Tiramisu was fantastic!! The room was very clean, spacious and the bed very comfortable. Loved the pillows...I just sank in and fell asleep all 6 nights without difficulty. The breakfasts were very good - only took advantage of the omelet line once and it was very good. Very friendly, accommodating staff. The head bell-hop (I don't recall his name) always greeted me and wished me a great day. Adanna from the front desk was very nice - she had a great personality and smile. The gift shop was very small - but had what I needed (diet mountain dew - don't find this in many places!). I appreciated the location being close to the convention center and actually close to any location. The only complaint is I tried to log in on the computer in the business center and it wouldn't connect to the internet. I used my IPad - but would have been nice to use the larger computer. All in all - Very nice and would highly recommend!!!

Room Tip: I was on the 8th floor and faced another complex (non road side) - road noise was minimal.
Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

While staying at the Embassy Suites, we had one of the best customer service experiences I have ever had. We had said "hello" passing by once before and on the second day, he asked my daughter how she was. She said she wasn't feeling well which I supspect is what he had noticed. He called our room that night twice to ask how she was, if he could bring her some ginger ale or anything to help her feel better.

What a fantastic employee to have representing your hotel!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends