Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center
Ranked #30 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Columbus, Ohio
“Very nice hotel!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed here and it was a short, five minute walk to the Convention Center. It was a short, five minute walk to the subway. It was a short, 10 minute walk to Chinatown. It was a short, 15 minute walk to the White House. It was an excellent location.

Service was WONDERFUL, bar was fun.

Morning breakfast was WONDERFUL!

Close to many restaurants--do not order in from Happy Danny's Delivery Service. HORRIBLE!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jay P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (462)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We just spent our first family trip to Washington DC,at this hotel, we had a wonderful time we were very happy overall,loved the complimentary breakfasts and the managers special each nice was great.Location was perfect. The only con I could see was the the swimming pool was very shallow ,I think it was only 3 feet 3 inches deep!!!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Weston, Connecticut
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We are a family of four and checked into this hotel, planning to stay for three nights (4/18-20) over Spring Break. In some respects, there is nothing to complain about this hotel. The location is convenient, rooms are clean. But what really took us by surprise was that not only was there no Wi-Fi (for fee or otherwise) available in our room, it was virtually impossible to get a cell phone signal in our room either. Unfortunately, this was a deal breaker for us and we checked out after one night.

Canada
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Dates: March 29-April 1

We had a very long drive in (10 hours) and had called ahead of time (twice) to be sure that the pull out sofa would be made up so that we could all rest upon arrival.

Check In was great - very courteous staff. The sofabed was not made up. Luckily we were all very hungry and staff was sure to have the bed ready while we ate in the hotel restaurant.

Hotel restaurant - wish I could say that dinner was good, but I just can't do it. Though the service and our waiter were very nice, the food wasn't. My husband actually sent back his dinner (I've never seen him do this in 15 yrs!) but they quickly replaced it with a good burger that my son also enjoyed. I discovered a hair in my salad after I'd eaten half but I was so exhausted that I didn't bother to mention it. Overall: eat dinner someplace else!

Room: Very comfortable bed and sofabed. CLEAN!!! Cleanliness is most important to me and it lived up to my standards. Plenty of space for 4 (we were 3) people.

Manager's Reception: A nice added perk. Wine, basic spirits, lemonade for the kids. Chips, cheese, nachos, and/or simple snacks served. Go early or go late as lines get quite long. TIP: there are 2 lines so if you don't want snacks, head directly into the room and wait in the drink line.

Breakfast: Wonderful, delicious, a perfect spread to satisfy all tastes and preferences. Made to order omelettes, bacon, sausages, potatoes, pancakes, muffins, cereals, breads, oatmeal, etc. Nice touch: egg white omelettes as an option.

WiFi: Don't waste your money-it's awful. Use the free wifi in the lobby or the business center to print out boarding cards, etc.

Location: Value vs. location was perfect. Although not the closest to all major attractions, the dollar value was absolutely worth it. About a 7 minute walk to the nearest metro station. 15-20 minutes to the major Smithsonian museums. If you're in DC to sight see, BRING COMFORTABLE SHOES. You will do a lot of walking. TIP: look down when you walk, the sidewalks must have heaved with the spring thaw because some sidewalk panels were raised off the ground 2 inches or so. I took a bad fall and luckily didn't break a bone, just a bad scrape.

Easter Extra: The front desk had baskets full of candy filled Easter eggs for all the children which I thought was such a thoughtful and smart touch for guests traveling on the holiday.

Overall, my stay was pleasant. I will recommend the hotel to friends and to you. Have a nice trip!

2 Thank Travel-With-Baby
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stayed here with my 17 year old nephew in April while he did a college tour. The suite was great so each of us had our own space. When we checked in the desk was friendly and helpful, our bellman Terry was GREAT! He shared great information about the college we were visiting and gave suggestions on places to visit. He also remembered us and said hello each time we saw him in the hotel through the long weekend. The staff was always helpful with directions and suggestions. Loved that! The hotel is located close enough to just about everything so that was nice too. The breakfast was a nice feature and we never really had to wait long and always found a seat we went around 9 each morning. Now for the things that could be worked on - the cleanliness was suspect - the person who cleaned each day seemed to do the minimum, just enough so I didn't complain but certainly not a good cleaning and tidying. The towels were dingy and had stains once again they were just clean enough for me not to complain but not nice clean towels. The toilets are so loud when they flush it wakes everyone up in the room and so loud, I could hear the flushes of the people on either side of us and above us. Really not great :( The Wi-Fi is spendy but I knew that ahead of time. Just an average hotel but with nice people.

1 Thank SunnyD1013
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed here for 4 days in April for a family vacation. The junior suite was a terrific size, allowing us to spread out a bit. Everything was very clean and the staff was great. Lots of restaurants in the general area and best of all, only a 15 minute stroll to the museums and the mall. They do include breakfast though honestly, it was nothing to right home about. Also nice is the indoor pool - always great for the kids.

Sacramento, California
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed at your Embassy Suites on 04/06-10/2013. As usual, I like your Embassy Suites better than many of the 5-star hotels. What impressed me the most is your front desk Marine Ma. I have never met her before. Her courtesy, professionalism, sweet smile and efficiency made me think that she had been working in the hospitality area for a long time. Later, I learned that she is just a student doing internship at your Embassy Suites. In addition to the service, she is very knowledgeable about the DC area and provided very useful information. I believe she must have done a lot of homework before taking this internship. She is the best front-desk I have ever met at your Embassy chain hotels. I definitely tank her as a 5-star.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business