3,541 results
All reviews the manager's reception free drinks and snacks cooked to order breakfast white house corner suite free happy hour complimentary breakfast national mall morning breakfast within walking distance ford's theater office building living room pull out couch valet parking spy museum each evening
Reviewed January 29, 2013

When I arrived to the embassy suites the hotel was at maximum capacity. I actually stayed there for a conference that was hosted in the DC convention center (walking distance). The hotel rooms were adequate, as was the food. The cocktail hour was very good and the bar staff were friendly. The experience at the Embassy Suites went from average to EXCELLENT because of one staff member in particular, Bruno Johnson. He was at the front desk and completed the checkout process for my party. Bruno was knowledgable, friendly, understanding, and overall maintained a wonderful composure throughout our complicated checkout. In my years of travel, Bruno is one of the best hotel staff I have ever encountered. I hope other travelers have the opportunity to meet Bruno, he will change your entire hotel experience with his excellent customer service. Thanks Bruno!

Room Tip: corner rooms were reportedly the largest and the best in the hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have stayed at this property several times for conventions. The location is ideal just a block or so away from the Convention Center. It can be kind of pricey but that’s DC. The room is large and spacious with a separate sitting area very clean and comfortable with two TV’s. The bathroom is very clean with fluffy towels. Unfortunately during my most recent stay the water in the bathroom did not get hot in the morning so in order to get a good shower you needed to shower the night before. The customer service ranges based on who you deal with but overall it isn’t too bad. Butch and Sean at the front desk are always great to work with. The most recent convention I attended had over 13,000 women in attendance and at times the staff seemed a little overwhelmed. I won’t mention the names of the staff members that are difficult to work with. The breakfast buffet is normally pretty good, however again during my most recent stay it was not up to par. Also during this visit you could not get a clear cellular signal. I am normally really happy with this hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 1TotalPackage
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I've been coming to this Embassy Suites for years. The location can't be beat, the staff is courteous and helpful, and the rooms are clean, spacious with comfortable beds. However my most recent trip revealed a 'new' restaurant menu and room service that leaves a lot to be desired. Finn and Porter, the hotel restaurant, is understaffed, the food is under par and limited selection. It took my party 45 minutes at one lunch to get turkey paninis, which weren't even grilled--just stuffed into the cold flatbread and served. There appeared to be only two servers in the whole restaurant. While the hotel offers a complimentary breakfast buffet, there is no breakfast offered via room service. The buffet is unremarkable and barely warm, however there is a custom omelet line that will insure you get something hot at least. If you do order from the menu, be sure you have a second choice as we were told repeatedly that they were either 'out' or 'don't have that today'. I realize that this was during the inauguration events, but I stayed here 4 years ago, and they didn't have these problems. Maybe the food service is under a new management? Well, it shows, and not to their advantage.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Stayed here for several nights on business. Short walk to convention center, Verizon Center, and museums with many restaurants only a few blocks away. Could hear neighbors through walls at times. Good breakfast at the hotel (standard Embassy Suites selection) although a large student group was checking out one morning and seemed to overwhelm the staff - many breakfast items were gone and they were not able restock and clean all of the tables. I think this was an unusually busy morning. Overall it was a very good stay. I will be returning to this hotel on future trips.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JillsPeople
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Spent one night between Christmas and New Years. Great location, close to Ford's Theatre, where we went to see a show. Rooms were a nice size, bathroom a bit small. Only negative is noise. We could hear people in the room next door loud and clear through vents. Noise from people in hallway also came into room clearly. Breakfast choices were nice. It was a very, very busy weekend, but the staff was able to keep up with demands. Valet parking staff did a great job getting cars quickly. Call them before you leave your room and they will have your car waiting for you. Front desk staff was great. I believe Rob was the person who checked us in. He was awesome. Would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family