“Amazing Catering!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Orlando, Florida
“Amazing Catering!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I was in town for a convention and there was a special event held at this hotel. The catering was hands down one of the best I have had in a long time. It was so wonderful I had to refrain from going back up several times. I was pleasantly surprised being an Embasy Suites. In addition to the food being outstanding, the banquet room was beautifully decorated. I will, when I can, recommend you all. I did not stay there overnight however. BUT I will certainly do that in the future knowing how great the food is. Great job to your culinary team!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Janette H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

When we travel with our grandchildren, we like to stay at the Embassy Suites as it givem tem a bit of privacy and gives us confidence that they are safe. This is a good intown hotel, walking distance to the major attractions and with very good service and the usual clean rooms.
The parking was a bit pricey ($39 for 24 hours but the convenience of not having to find multiple parking garages made up for much of that cost. Staff was friendly and very helpful.
Good spot to stay with children.

Room Tip: Request a room on the 14th or 15th floor for a good visibility. Lower rooms are blocked with a build...
1 Thank AHGS
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We are hilton gold members and travel a lot. This hotel is in a good location and is very nice. What makes it exceptional and the best place to stay is the staff and service. Bruno at the front desk helped me 2 days in a row with a complicated room coordination issue and provided the best, friendliest service ever. He is very knowledgeable and a true asset to the hotel. We will be back because of him. Best front desk experience I have ever had. The concierge, Joseph is also very good and gave us great advice. Antonio at the front desk and Sandra Hernandez at the buffet are also very friendly and helpful. Congrats to the management for putting such a great team together. Won´t stay anywhere else in DC.

Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We stayed here for a weekend while in town to see a concert. The staff was very, very nice. Our room was ready early and was perfect for our needs. We appreciated the mini fridge. We never had to walt for an elevator, and our room was quiet (1230). We took full advantage of the free happy hour both nights. It was a great way to start the evening. Breakfast was a little hectic, but I enjoyed that as well. One day I had a made to order omelet, and the other I just did the buffet. Buffet eggs were pretty runny, but there were plenty of choices to get you fueled up.

The location is great for walking around to see the attractions. We only took a cab once, and that was to the 9:30 club for the show. Everywhere else, we walked.

A couple downsides: the parking. By he time you added the fees and taxes, it is around $45 plus tip. I guess that is "normal" for downtown DC, but it makes a reasonably priced hotel a little less so, Also, the data service on our cell phones was not great in the rooms. To the point that I paid the $10 for the the wifi.

All in all the staff was super nice, the happy hour and breakfast added great value, and the rooms was very clean and well appointed. We would most certainly stay here again, although probably still complain about the parking price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
DDelRusso, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
Dear hndapwr,

Thank you so much for your 5 star review. We appreciate it more than you know! I am sorry that the eggs were runny at breakfast and I will follow up to ensure they are properly cooked in the future. You are not the first guest to remark about our parking prices. $39 per night plus tax is not cheap, we realize. But please rest assured that our rates are in line for our neighborhood if not $2 - $3 less per night than our competitors. On the positive side, I am very glad that you found our staff to be friendly and our location convenient. The 9:30 Club is a great venue for intimate shows, and I hope that you will stay with us again the next time your favorite band is in town!

Denver, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This Embassy Suites is very close to China Town, which has many great and affordable restaurants. Smithsonian, Archives, Capitol, etc. are within walking distance (long walking distance). Area feels safe and we had no concerns walking in the neighborhood day or night.
Rooms are a little small by Embassy Suites standards, but certainly adequate.
Free cocktail reception area has an upstairs and downstairs, making it easy to find a quiet spot.
Restaurant has good food, and seemed reasonably priced for hotel restaurant standards.
Service was friendly and accommodating.
Taxis waiting outside when you don't want to walk.

Room Tip: Traffic is consistent, but not loud on all adjoining streets, so room preference isn't a big dea...
    • 3 of 5 stars
Dear Marcus S,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. We read every single review that is posted, and it never ceases to amaze me how people take the time to post genuinely accurate and helpful reviews. You mentioned so many things from location near some popular sites, to the fact that our neighborhood feels safe (we always advise our guests to use caution as you would in any city) to the fact that our restaurant is good and taxis are usually available in front of the hotel in case you don’t feel like walking. You summed us up very well and I never get tired of reading reviews like yours. I think they are what make TripAdvisor so successful and so reliable.

Thank you for staying with us. Thank you again for your detailed review. And I hope that we will see you in DC again soon!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I was extremely, and I mean extremely pleased with my stay at this hotel. From the moment I walked in from a long day of traveling from Wisconsin, I was greeted and immediately checked in by a very nice lady. The rooms are excellent and the staff was very nice and accommodating. The breakfast is a really nice perk with staying here. Loved the omelets and I loved the free happy hours too. The location was great because I was there on business at the white house and other nearby office buildings. If you want a very pleasant stay for a not too expensive cost. I highly recommend this embassy suites location.

Room Tip: become a hilton honors member and request the 15th floor odd numbers for a view of downtown and poss...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Marcus S,

Wow. Thank you for your wonderful review. It sounds like our location close to the White House was very convenient for your business trip. And I am delighted to hear that you found our suites to be excellent and our staff accommodating. Even in a big city like Washington, DC, we try to go out of our way to make all of our guests feel comfortable and appreciated.

Thank you for your business, and once again, thank you for your 5 star rating – we appreciate it more than you know!

Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Everyone here was kind and helpful. Happy Hour here was better than most Embassy Suites. Breakfast was great. The restaurant was great! I agree with previous posts, I had no cell service at all but rooms were comfortable and it was a Great Location! Would definitely go back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Travelgirl713,

Thank you for your short but sweet review of our hotel. You summed us up quite nicely in a few sentences. Thank you for your business, and I hope that we will be your hotel of choice anytime you need to be in DC!