“Great Hotel Amazing Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center

Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center
Ranked #27 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Chico, California
“Great Hotel Amazing Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for a week and we were sad to leave. Not sure where to start...the free breakfast was a perfect way to start the day. The managers reception was nice after a long day of sightseeing. The rooms are nice because you feel like you have your own little apartment. But what really made this trip great was the staff. Every single person here made you feel so welcome. Terrance and Darrell in the bar were great. But no matter who you talked to they went above and beyond to help you. I can't wait to go back and I would recommend this hotel over and over.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Rachel P
AdamHeffron1, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to offer such wonderful feedback! There is nothing I enjoy more than hearing comments about our team members providing great service. I will be sure to pass these kind words along to Terrance and Darrell. They have a loyal following in our restaurant, and that all starts with how they treat our guests.

As for the rest of your stay, you are absolutely right. Each of our suites is like your own apartment in the city. And, there is no better way to start your day than with an Embassy Suites breakfast. With so many options, we are sure to have something for even the most discernible palate.

Thanks again for all the kind words. We hope to see you again during your next visit to Washington, DC!

adam.heffron@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (427)
  • Hebrew first
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I was part of a business delegation staying at this hotel early November 2012. The location was excellent - close to Metro Center and walking distance to several good restaurants. The rooms were spacious and modern.

The staff was outstanding - very friendly and responsive to all of our needs. The free breakfast is high quality, lots of variety and includes healthy choices.

Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Wow, thank you for such a terrific review! We are very proud of our team here. In fact, we make it a point every day to leave our guests feeling as though they are staying at Washington’s friendliest hotel. It is so nice to hear we were able to help make your recent trip to DC a success, and we look forward to seeing you during your next visit!

Ansonia, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

The rooms were spacious and well appointed. The hotel staff were mostly friendly. The front desk person kept forgetting my name throughout the checkin process...kinda annoying since checkin is no more than 10 min. I arrived early in the morning and was allowed to check into one of my rooms. When my other party arrived they had the same problem with the same front desk person asking them for their name over and over again too-and that time the front desk person had his credit card in hand. The cook to order was fantastic and the happy hour was ok. It's conveniently located to many attractions. Besides the front desk rep who didn't bother to remember our names for atleast 10min our stay was awesome. I know it sound like a insignificant gripe, perhaps she just isn't good with names but anyway it was an overall good experience

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear prism_12 -
Thanks for taking your time to share your experience during your recent stay with us. While I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, I am concerned about the lack of service you received at the front desk.

Should you find the time, please contact me directly to discuss this in greater detail. We are always looking for ways to improve and I thank you for such honest feedback. I hope to see you again during your next trip to Washington, DC.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Staff was great, room was nice, and hotel was within walking distance of attractions. For the price paid, it would have been nice to have free Wifi service. The cook to order breakfast was okay, just would have like a few more options. Enjoyed the snacks and drinks during happy hour, and again the staff was great.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear jnjfh –

Thanks for such a great review! In a brief sentence, you hit on exactly what we want to hear. We are dedicated to offering the best value in DC, and that starts with our service. We challenge ourselves every day to be Washington’s friendliest hotel, and that warmth and energy clearly was passed on to you. Our suites were renovated early this year, and we have a housekeeping team dedicated to keeping them in that “brand new” condition. And, our location is second to none. We are centrally located and within walking distance of 3 major metro stops, servicing all lines in Washington, DC.

I deeply apologize about the nominal fee for internet. Embassy Suites offer some terrific complimentary amenities, including an expansive cooked-to-order breakfast, a two room suite for every guest, and a complimentary manager’s reception, complete with alcoholic and non-alcoholic cocktails and hors d’oeuvres. In addition, our hotel features complimentary Wifi in the lobby area, as well as 9 complimentary computers and a full service business center with copy and fax capabilities.

Thank you for choosing the Embassy Suites DC Convention Center for your home away from home while visiting DC. We hope to see you again in your future travels!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We were going to stay @ Hilton Garden Inn since we were recently there but unfortunately they are book & I am glad they were coz we will not find out about this hotel. We got to DC at 230 their checkin time is 4pm. There were 2 FD person one acknowledges me but the other one was looking down at her computer while talking to another staff after about 10 mins another FD person came greeted & assisted me while that FD lady was surprised I was there but anyway they did let us check in early. The room was big & very clean. Toiletries are complete except no slippers or robe but we didn't mind. We went to the pool as my daughter is so excited to try it out. There is one long pool which is about 3'3" all the way & 1 whirl pool. Kids love it.
The manager's reception was great. They offer free snacks like chips & salsa, fruits, cheese, crackers & my husband's favorite the drinks. They also have a non alcoholic drink for kids which my daughter loved.
We ate at the Italian place in the hotel called Finn & Porter their food were great. Fresh seafood & service was great as well. After dinner we went to Lincoln Memorial which is quite far so we have to take cab took us about 15mins to get there.
When we got back our room is quite warm so we turn the AC on 68. (this was 12am) After an hour my daughter keeps turning around the bed & complaining that it is hot in the room. This was after 1am. I called the FD after several calls someone answered & told me that they dont have an engr around but will send someone up. After 5mins someone fr house keeping came up & turn the AC to 55 said it should the trick. There is air coming out but the room never gets cold imagine this is in Nov. I tweeted this to embassy suites & someone replied after 5 mins. I was very disappointed that we can't go to sleep bcoz its uncomfortable to sleep. The response was someone will get in contact with me in the morning. When I checked out I told the manager & she was not aware of whats happen when I told to FD 2am in the morning to make sure the manager know about. Anyway, she took care our parking ticket a good gesture but I was not happy with what happened. other than that we had a great stay. we will definitely come bk & give them another chance.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Mldb2012 –

Thank you for taking some time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear the Hilton Garden Inn was booked, but like you said, at least that gave you the opportunity to give us a try!

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed how spacious our suites truly are, and I will be sure to pass on your kind words about how clean you found your suite. Our housekeeping team works very hard to keep our suites spotless, and they get very excited when they hear that their efforts are appreciated.

I am sorry to hear you had some issues with the AC. It can be difficult to keep our suites below 68 degrees when most of our guests are using their heaters. While each room has its own dedicated HVAC unit, it stands no chance if the rest of our guests have the heat on. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks again for all of your kind words. We look forward to seeing you again during your next trip to Washington, DC.

Redlands, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

First time at Embassy Suites Convention Center and won't be our last. Everything, from check-in to departure was excellent. Entire staff was welcoming, warm and professional. Great location, lovely, spacious room and the best breakfast of any Embassy we've ever stayed at. We'll be back next year.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear RanchoMG –

Thank you for such kind words. We place a great emphasis on friendliness and service here at the Embassy Suites DC Convention Center, and it is always nice to hear when our warmth and hospitality really shine through. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your suite. Each suite was renovated earlier this year and the feedback we have received has been stellar.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your experiences. We look forward to seeing you next year!

Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The hotel itself was very spacious, as were the rooms, with all amenities available. Even though at check in there was a problem with my reservation which could not be found, staff were helpful and succeeded in resolving the issue. Internet was free in the lobby but there was a surcharge for Wifi use in the room. Also the location wasn't as close to the central/touristy areas as it first seemed (long walking distance) but with taxi it was fine. Would consider staying there again mainly for the confort one inside the hotel.

Room Tip: I was on a higher floor so didn't have to hear much of the outside traffic.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank traveler-1234599
Dear traveler-1234599,

It was our pleasure to serve as your home during your recent visit to Washington, DC. I am pleased to hear you were able to appreciate the comforts of a the spacious suites we offer to each of our guests. It appears you experience a slight hiccup at check in, but I am glad to hear it was resolved to your satisfaction.

With a walk to the National Mall taking between 10-15 minutes, sometimes saving those feet and taking a taxi is the right choice for those tourists who plan to spend the rest of the day seeing the sights. Once back at the hotel, we have over a plenty of restaurants, nightlife, and shopping, all within a few blocks.

Thank you for taking some time to share your feedback. Should your travels ever bring you back to Washington, DC, we hope to see you again!