3,541 results
All reviews the manager's reception free drinks and snacks cooked to order breakfast white house corner suite free happy hour complimentary breakfast national mall morning breakfast within walking distance ford's theater office building living room pull out couch valet parking spy museum each evening
Reviewed January 6, 2012

This trip was our Christmas gift to our children, and grandchildren so we wanted it to be special, and with the help of the wonderful staff of this hotel, it was. We began planning for this in September 2011- every question we asked by e-mail was promptly answered within 24 hours by Mr. Charles Hill. When I explained to him that this would be a first trip for our grandchildren he had his staff send us a large packet of all kinds of information and maps which we used through-out our stay.
I asked for early check-in as we were traveling by train (16+ hours) and our rooms were ready when we got there.
We had two rooms on the 6th floor -front side- good views- great beds!!
Our rooms were always clean!
Breakfast was good- just get there early, because everyone takes advantage of the free breakfast.
Dinner in the restaurant was fantastic ( we ate there 3 of the 4 nights we stayed)
Renovation going on, but never a noise problem for us, in fact I was surprised by how quiet it was considering where the hotel is located.
All of the staff that we came in contact with were- friendly- helpful- and very professional.
We had a great time here, and my grandchildren loved it.
Thanks to all who made this a Christmas to remember- we will be back!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
CharlesHill900, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2012

Hello linda s and thank you for your review! I shared your comments with our management team yesterday morning and was just beaming with pride to read all your great feedback. I certainly remember our correspondence and appreciate your follow-up email as well. It was my pleasure to assist and I am glad the children enjoyed their trip. I did something very similar for my sister, her husband and their two sons about a year ago when they planned to come see the city. It was a proud moment when she later told me how much they loved the hotel and couldn't wait to come back. I became the favorite Uncle, at least for that moment.

Please pass along my thanks to the entire family that came to visit and as I mentioned to you before, I am here if you need another getaway from that comfortable and always warm weather of Florida.

Reviewed January 3, 2012

I recently stayed at the Embassy Suites and enjoyed the typical Embassy Experience (free breakfast and manager's reception). The hotel is within reasonable walking distance to the White House, Newseum, Ford's Theater and great shopping and restaurants.

The staff was friendly and the property was well maintained. The value at Embassy Suites can't be beat considering the space and the freebies! The trade off is room quality including sound proofing.

I've previously stayed at this property in a corner suite, which I would highly recommend over the regular suites. My room this time was a regular suite which looked out over the the office complex next door (so close I could actually read the computer screen in the office). It was also pretty noisy. However, considering the cost, these annoyances weren't unexpected.

The valet and bell staff were super friendly and the concierge has some great coupons for area attractions.

Room Tip: Corner suites on higher floors are the best. The regular suites on the lower floors are very close to the office building next door and are pretty dark.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Deb Z

Greetings Deb Z! Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. You appear to be a well-seasoned Embassy Suites traveler and not your first time at our property. Thank you for coming back to see us.

There is no doubt that our corner suites are the best. We have 4 different layouts and views of the area. When I am inspecting a room or in one of these rooms for some reason I always find myself drifting towards the window and looking out on what is happening. I also couldn't agree more about our staff. I am a little biased, but delighted to hear you found them to be so helpful. I will share your comments with the team.

While this appears to be your second trip to our hotel, let's make it three. And, you will need to see our newly renovated rooms. I have 3 brand new floors back in order and ready for use. Please feel free to contact me directly so I can help with accommodations or at least get you pre-assigned to a new floor. I will also do my best to get a corner suite. :)

Reviewed January 2, 2012

Spent 3 nights over New Years Weekend with a family of five (2 adults, 2 kids and 1 baby) for a quick getaway. Reserved the King-Executive 1 BR Suite so that we had a place to feed the family and have space for all of us.

Here's the good stuff:
- Location is great. My kids had no problem walking to the Mall and eventually to the Washington Monument and back. Right next to Chinatown, Verizon Center & International Spy Museum.
- Breakfast included, although read on to see how it went.
- Easy check in & check out
- Even though the hotel hosted a significant New Years Eve party, it took care of its guests first & foremost that night.
- Affordable, especially for a suite room in a prime location.
- In my online reservation, I asked for a crib to be ready in the room for check-in. It was there and ready for my sleepy baby for our late night check in.

Here's where it fell short:
- Housekeeping. While the first day the room was taken care of well, the second day housekeeping was horrible. We do have kids, which means a mess, but we do our best to help out with the clean up. We left our recycling (newspapers, empty bottles) and trash (dirty diapers tied in plastic bags) at the front door (not in the hallway, in the room) to allow for easy disposal, but all of it was left in its spot. Is it not obvious that empty bottles and trash bags need to be removed? Also, there was a small mess under the table from feeding the baby that a quick vacuum job could easily take care of, but the mess remained uncleaned. It seemed that the beds were made and the shampoos replenished, but nothing else was done. Poor grades on this one.
- Smell of the room. It seemed that the room had a bit of a misty smell, but my wife called it a "mild body odor smell." Unfortunately, the windows were not able to be opened. That's a no-no, especially for my wife who has a sensitive nose.
- Breakfast. Caveat - we have some dietary restrictions, so we could not evaluate the cooked food. Lousy juice quality. Poor fruit selection (apples, bananas & cantaloupe - that's it). No butter - just "butter spread" vegetable oil garbage. I had questions about the bread & bagels - I wanted to know what the brand name was. Each day I asked a server, and it was clear that they didn't understand what the term "brand" means. Brand name means Thomas's or Freihofer's, not raisin or plain. Even with an explanation, nobody understood the question on my first two mornings, so I gave up on the third day. We were fed well, but only in terms of quantity, not quality.
- Parking - valet only and very pricey at $35/day. Noticed a block away there was a lot that had $20/day and it would be easier to access my car than what I got with valet. (I'm not a valet fan myself. I need my own access to my car.)
- Pool area - seemed okay, but with no windows available to open, the stench of chlorine was unbearable. My wife & baby couldn't handle it.
- Room size. For Executive 1BR suite, I was hoping for real space. That's why I paid $50/night more for this. Still was very tight for five of us. The pull out sofabed was really not made for 2 people, and even for my small-bodied kids it was not great.
- Disney Channel had no sound! Epic fail for my kids!

In addition:
- Would have liked to have checked out the fitness room, but didn't have a chance.
- Manager's Reception was a nice touch, but limited food & drink available. Can't complain for free stuff, but the line for the drinks got way too long too fast for it to be worth it.

In summary, the hotel was fine and the trip was a success. The negatives were annoying but didn't ruin our stay. Next time we try a weekend jaunt, I think I'd like to check out other places.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Hi EyeMD and thank you for being our guest over New Years! What a great way to ring in the new year. I am also happy to read your comments about being taken care of as a guest of the hotel on New Year's Eve. We did host a function, but it was very clear that our main goal was to keep our overnight guests happy.

While you pointed out some great positives, I see more opportunities than I would like too. I will take just a minute to touch on a few of them. Your feedback about Housekeeping is appreciated. Daily service does involve more than just replacing shampoo and making beds. This is a new complaint, but one I will take back to the staff. Your thoughts on our breakfast are also helpful. The Embassy Suites brand has very specific standards on quality brands we must use, but it is always good to hear direct feedback. While all of the food is complimentary and very comparable if not superior in quality to that served by hotels that have a fee associated, we look for the trends of what people want and I will make sure your suggestions are noted and evaluated. Parking is something I do wish I could change. Our garage is just not designed to have a constant flow of traffic which is why we have kept it Valet. With that said, our overnight fee is the lowest in the area for hotels. There are lots available for lower fees, but not all allow 24 hour access and I always like to remind our guests that when a car is parked with the hotel it is in a secure garage. No one has access to it other than our staff and you as a guest when needed. Thank you for the Disney channel feedback. I believe this to be an anomaly as I have checked it out and found it to be working. It was recently added due to a number of guest requests, but we will monitor and have our Engineering test a number of rooms so any issues can be corrected.

Overall I am glad you had a pleasant stay with us. I certainly would have preferred it to be flawless, but your feedback can help us prepare for the next family. Should you be coming back to the city I would offer my services to help secure a room so you can see our newly renovated rooms. While there is nothing quite like a new car smell, a new hotel room runs a pretty close second in my opinion.

Thank you again and happy travels!

Reviewed January 2, 2012

My family and I (and friends) stayed here for the New Year celebration and it was a great hotel. First off, the location is perfect if you want to walk to all the museums and restaurants. Breakfast is included and the Managers reception in the evening included free snacks and drinks. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were really comfortable, even the bed-couch. I hightly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to visit D.C. and walk to everything.

Room Tip: Walk down 10th or 7th to the Newseum and plan on spending a day in there. Amazing.
1  Thank Mike R
CharlesHill900, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2012

Hi Mike R and Happy New Year!!! Reading your review sure is a great way to start the New Year. I couldn't be happier to see that you were pleased with our location, amenities and overall experience. We are just starting to get some of our newly renovated rooms back online so you must plan to come back and see the new and refreshed look that includes new 37 inch LCD HD TV's and a wireless high speed internet connection in guest rooms. Those are just a few of the things you will notice right away.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if I can be of assistance in helping you secure a reservation going forward. Until then, travel safely!

Reviewed December 26, 2011

The staff at Embassy Suites was absolutely fantastic. We had 3 families together, the front desk person Britney made 3-4 changes to find us 3 rooms together. The rooms were gorgeous, the food was good in the morning, the pool was great and the free drinks in the evening was just an icing on the cake.

I highly recommend this hotel especially with family after sating at many hotels in DC.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank ColumbusDJ
CharlesHill900, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2011

Greeting dn90003 and thank you for your review! Despite being a few days after Christmas, your review is a wonderful present. It is always tough being away from home during the holidays, but I am delighted we were able to make it special. In particular, I will make sure Britney is commended and recognized for her efforts. She has only been part of our family for a few months, but as you can tell she is fitting right in.

Your recommendation is appreciated and for your comments I am grateful. I now expect we will have the chance to welcome you back again sometime in 2012!

Happy Holidays!!!