Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center
Ranked #31 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2011

What a find! Not only is this hotel near lots of washington attractions but the service and facilities are fantastic! We are here at the moment. You get free breakfast, free internet, free evening drinks and snacks. Couldn't recommend highly enough. The bus to george town and union station stops outside the door as well. See you here soon!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (457)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2011

Fabulous hotel, great location, wonderful ammenities. Strongly recommend. The on-site Finn & Porter restaurant was exceptional for great and easy family dining.
Taoufik provided outstanding service in a manner that made our family of 4 generations comfortable and happy. Finn & Porter is a definite dinner spot after a long day of tourist activities.

1 Thank 4generations2011
USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

I am a bit wary of big national chain hotels catering to families, but I was pleasantly surprised by the level of service and offerings. We had a regular suite a few nights but my husband asked for a corner suite and we were moved as soon as one was available. The staff was very accommodating about the whole thing. The larger suite had more light and felt airy.
The free breakfast was so great and really saved a lot of $$$ during our stay considering we were there for a week. My husband was there for business and I was there for leisure and the hotel suited our needs perfectly. Yes, wifi would have been nice but I was able to surf with 3G connection.
From housecleaning staff to breakfast hostess to front desk staff, customer service was top notch. Everyone was so friendly and accommodating. One time I got to breakfast late and they were cleaning up. I got a bowl of oatmeal and was looking around for brown sugar. Out of nowhere the hostess appeared and asked if I was looking for brown sugar. She then went on a hunt for me and found me some! Wow...What a service! I also saw one of cooks come out to chat with a family and offered a free movie rental coupon because it was raining out so the kids can watch a movie for free in the room. How thoughtful!!
As far as physical feature:
The bed was very comfortable, pillows on the other hand, not so much for me. Too high and firm for my taste. By the way, I wasn't bothered too much by the construction as the digging phase seems to be over.

Nice workout room but the indoor pool is really more for kiddies.
By the way, I have never seen so many kids outside of a school. The hotel does offer a tremendous value for families and is in a great location.

Loved the mint water in the lobby. I'm so going to try it at home.

Overall, a great and comfortable stay. You can't get this kind of value in one of the top cities in the nation.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner suite but not the ones facing the back alley.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank jujuking
Charleston WV
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

From the start of our stay until the very end, the staff treated us wonderfully. The hotel boasts a terrific breakfast bar and a "free" evening reception with free beverages and snacks for both adults and children. The front desk staff answered all questions we had whether it was about directions or services. They were always very courteous and friendly.
They helped load up our car and gave us bottled water as we pulled away. I will highly recommend this hotel to others!

1 Thank DLD3
Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

Stayed here for 4 nights with my family of 4, and really enjoyed it. Staff was great, super-friendly and helpful. Beds were really comfy! Breakfast was good, and we managed to navigate the breakfast line in 15 minutes or less every day. Location was nice - was within walking distance to the mall, restaurants, metro, etc, even though it was an ungodly 100+ degrees outside! I would definitely stay here again. The only negative thing we encountered is that the hotel had a club open on Saturday night with super-loud dance music that we could hear in our 4th floor room. Didn't bother us much since we were super tired and fell asleep despite the noise, but could be an issue.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Houston
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

I had high hopes for this hotel based on reviews I read on this forum, and usually they are spot on. Maybe it was an off week, but me and my family - we were not wowed, and were mostly disappointed in this hotel. The hotel lobby is very nice, and would lead you to think the rooms are nice as well. However, when we arrived our room seemed dirty/used so we were moved to another room. Unfortunately, that room was a handicapped room, so the bathroom wasn't functional for a family...no barrier to shower area, so water will just run all over bathroom and no bathtub at all. We moved back to 1st room for 1st night and moved on 2nd night to a larger room. Moving us was a nice, accomodating gesture of the staff, which we appreciated. However, nice staff can only do so much. The rooms speak for themselves, and seem very worn, mostly the carpets. In all 3 rooms we saw there were stains on carpeting in various areas, which really brings down the quality of the room. One of the main reasons we selected the hotel was for the size, wanting space while there 7 nights. It is larger than a standard hotel by far, but the bathroom is really uncomfortable in many ways. The door to the bathroom is always "in the way" if you are using facilities, bathing kids, using the mirror, you are constanting moving the door back and forth. The toilets are the loudest toilets I have ever heard, you cannot flush anytime over night or you will wake everyone in your room, as well as anyone in surrounding rooms. We also were staying in the hotel during the arrival of a fraternity convention which was tremendous...this was something I would somehow research beforehand (call and ask hotel) if a huge group would be arriving, etc., because it really affected our stay. There were probably 20 people crammed in a few rooms around us, and we had to call front desk to send security 3 times in one night. You could hear your neighbors through the A/C vents, so we had to stuff towels into the vents to muffle the noise. After that evening I think the parties moved rooms, because we were not bothered by that again. The Internet access is extremely poor, and costs $10 a DAY if you want it in your room. This is the year 2011, I think that should be provided to all guests free of charge. Cable provider offered limited television choices in my opinion. Housekeeping was done at a minimum, basically remove towels you put on floor and maybe take out trash. No vacuuming was done, although it was obviously needed over a week long stay. There is also a huge construction project going on across the street from the hotel. Room view choices we saw were, staring at an office building a few feet away, or staring at a huge construction site, with surrounding buildings. We had the construction site, which had the added perk of construction noise beginning at 7 am each morning, except the weekend. The pros of the hotel would be the staff seems nice, and tries accommodate it's guests; the breakfast buffet is nicely done and included free each morning. The cons are listed above, and unfortunately due to our experiences, I would not recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank KLMHouston
florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2011

Visited DC with family group of six. Two suites. Location ("K" and 10th), rooms, staff, breakfast, manager's reception -- all EXCELLENT.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family