“Fantastic hotel right near the White House”
Review of AKA White House

AKA White House
Ranked #28 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Perth
“Fantastic hotel right near the White House”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I stayed at AKA White House in December 2013 for 4 or 5 nights.

Check in was quick and easy. Upon entering the room I was impressed at it's size and facilities - it was a treat to have a washer/dryer, kitchen, separate living area along with bedroom/bathroom.

We had a slight hiccup where we couldn't connect to the WiFi in our room, but the concierge quickly sorted that out for me.

While it is an apartment, it was cleaned/serviced every day.

There is a lovely looking bar / lounge on the ground floor, which I didn't get the chance to visit.

It is in a good location - a couple of blocks from the White House and many of the other attractions, such as the museums. We walked pretty much everywhere in DC, despite the freezing weather.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank WorksOnly2Travel
AKAWhiteHouseGM, Resident Representative at AKA White House, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
We sincerely appreciate your fantastic feedback on your experience with us here at AKA White House! With a fully furnished kitchen, spacious living accommodations, and outstanding staff, AKA White House is your number one choice when in search of luxury extended stay within our nations capitol. And despite our seasonal weather, the location indeed allows our residence easy access to DC's premiere attractions of top rated restaurants, the National Mall, and The White House - all a short walk away. Thank you, again, for your positive feedback and we look forward to your next stay with us here at AKA White House.

888.aka.0210

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Arabic first
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I choose this hotel because of the location and apartment like rooms as I was in town on business and needed a place to conduct a meeting with clients. The building is older but has been updated and the rooms are well decorated. The living room area was much more spacious than your typical hotel and was well suited for holding a small meeting.

I checked in around 2:45pm and met with my clients in the late afternoon. Around 6pm I received notice that my appointment the next day had canceled. Rather than stay the night I decided to check out and travel home that evening.

When preparing my expense report about a month later I noticed a charge for an additional $100 on my credit card. I called the AKA to inquire about the charge and was told it was for a bathrobe. I explained that not only did I not take a robe but I didn't even sleep in the bed, use a towel, or turn on the TV. The person I spoke with insisted that they had inspected room and a robe was missing. This is the first time in almost 20 years of business travel that I have a encountered a situation like this let alone have the hotel refuse to refund me for an item I did not use or take.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
12 Thank MW_VA
AKAWhiteHouseGM, Front Office Manager at AKA White House, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback.

While we are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your accommodations and furnishings, we do regret to hear about the inconvenience you experienced with the robe charge.

As all of our suites are inspected three times prior to new arrivals, as well as being inspected anytime a resident checks out, we do keep meticulous track of all inventory within each suite. As such, upon departure, your suite was inspected and a robe was found missing. As per our normal procedure, a replacement fee was secured. We did speak with your assistant regarding the charge, and per the conversation, she was aware of why this fee was assessed.

Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 6 nights in their two bedroom suite. It was overall an enjoyable stay for us as it had everything a family of four would need. I must add that it wasn't as clean as I had expected it to be. There were tomato sauce stains on the kitchen cabinets and refridgerator. everything was just old, the arm chair, couch and washer dryer area, bathrooms. The place just needs to be renovated.
We saw the top floor suites and they have recently been renovated, we will definitely stay at aka again,top floor suites:)
Staff is kind and considerate.

• Stayed April 2014
4 Thank HAHirose
AKAWhiteHouseGM, Resident Representative at AKA White House, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback! While we are happy to hear your accommodations fit your needs, we do regret any inconvenience caused to you. Our suites are inspected three times prior to a residents arrival and if there is any reason you are not satisfied, please reach out to our front desk and we would have moved you to another suite. Our dedicated staff are here to go above and beyond for each of our residents, including housekeeping's commitment to assure your suite is properly prepared for your move in. We take the cleanliness of our suites extremely important, and find this not to be a normal occurrence; therefore, we will be investigating these comments with our housekeeping team.

Our suites were designed for our guest in mind, with fully furnished kitchens, spacious accommodations, and modern décor. Rest assured that our concierge staff are here 24/7 to address any questions or needs you may have during your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit and exceeding your expectations with our Penthouse suites. Please feel free to contact us directly so we may best assist you with your next reservation. Thank you again!

Colombia
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I just got back from staying two weeks at the AKA. What a wonderful stay I had. The room (one bedroom) was amazing, well appointed, comfy bed, ample living room space, nice kitchen, everything you need for a long stay. Also, the washer and dryer are a heaven sent!! fantastic!! I did laundry twice while I was there and they even provided the soap. Also, for the kitchen there was soap, towels, sponge and basic things you'd need for cleaning up. They have a dishwasher though. One morning I was rnning late for work so I left a few dirty plates in the sink thinking I'd do them when I got back....oh surprise when I returned that night to find my bed made and my dishes done, PERFECT! Staff at the lobby are super nice. I also used their gym and it was perfect for a quick workout before heading to work. They also provide towels and water in there. The bathroom was very spacious and clean. I overall enjoyed my stay at the AKA very much and I can't wait to return. I would definitely use them again. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Lorelai25
Thank you for the fantastic feedback on your recent experience with us here at AKA White House! With our fully furnished suites, fantastic location, and dedicated staff, AKA White House is your home away from home. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your suite and hotel amenities alike; and found our dedicated staff helpful during your stay! We strive to continue to make AKA White House your number one option when in search of luxury extended stay within Washington, DC. Again, we appreciate your wonderful feedback and look forward to your next stay with us at AKA White House.

Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed May 27, 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at AKA Whitehouse. Service is great, had no issues what so ever. Can walk to all museums, metro right down street. It is like a condo, full size kitchen, bath and half. Felt quilty having so much room, free HBO.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank w0lfe01
AKAWhiteHouseGM, Resident Representative at AKA White House, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful feedback! Thrilled to hear AKA White House is your number one choice when in search for luxury extended stay in Washington, DC! With our fully furnished suites, central location, and dedicated staff, AKA White House is your home away from home. The best of DC is easily accessible from our door steps, including Smithsonian museums, the National Mall, and the White House is right next door. We are glad to know you enjoyed the comforts of your suite with upgraded HDTV, high speed WiFi, and ample living space. We sincerely thank you again for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you home the next time you stay with us here at AKA White House.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

We were in DC on a family trip, 4 adults and we stayed for 2 nights. The suite was everything we could have wished for, with ample space for comfortable family time, and the bedrooms were very comfortable and well appointed. Great location too.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Oriana T
AKAWhiteHouseGM, Resident Representative at AKA White House, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
We sincerely appreciate your fantastic feedback on your experience with us here at AKA White House! Great to hear your visit was full of family enjoyment and your suite was of best comfort. With a fully furnished kitchen, spacious living accommodations, and 24/7 concierge services, AKA White House is your number one choice when in search of luxury extended stay within our nation's capital And with our central location, the best of Washington DC is right at your finger tips including top rated restaurants, The National Mall, and most famous address of all, the White House - all a short walk away. Thank you, again, for your positive feedback and we look forward to your next stay with us here at AKA White House.
Reviewed May 19, 2014

The hotel was in the perfect location for what we wanted and needed to do inD.C. However, I found the concierge to be very hard to understand and either completely unaware of his job description, or just very unhelpful. I rely on the help of the concierge for the "inside scoop" on where to go to eat, and secret gems of the cities I travel to, so this was clearly a big disappointment.
The room was clean and spacious.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
AKAWhiteHouseGM, Front Office Manager at AKA White House, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback! While we are happy to hear your accommodations fit your needs, we do regret any inconvenience caused to you by our front desk. Rest assured this is not a normal occurrence. Our resident representatives are here to assist in all resident needs, 24/7. Whether dinning recommendations, or site-seeing information is requested, our staff is here to exceed all your expectations. Rest assured we will speak with our team and as always, if you require any additional information, please do ask for our Front Office Manager. Please feel free to contact the property directly when booking your next stay so we may assist in designing a stay catered to your specific needs. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to your next lodging dates with us at AKA White House!