AKA White House
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
$269
$444
$399
The Watergate
  • Pool
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
$279
$223
  • Breakfast included
$339
$239
  • Restaurant
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
$402
$242
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$221
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
$233
Hotelpower.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewswasher and dryerfull kitchentwo bedroom suitewhite housestainless steel appliancesapartment hotelwhole foodsworld banklong stayhalf bathan extended stayfarragut westhome away from homerooftop terracewalk in closetlonger staythe penthouse
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Stayed here in late December 2013 for vacation with children. The location is excellent just a block from the White House, Mc Donalds and subway station. You can walk to the smithsonians. The unit with 2 bed room is full with stove, toaster, microwave, huge fridge, washer and dryer, 3 flat TVs. Make sure to bring your own tea and coffee. The nearest supermarket is about 10 minutes walk. The unit is very clean. However, all guests and visitors can access all floors so that we were disturbed by visitors knocking at our door at 4 AM in the morning! Then again 15 minutes later. So annoying that the door has no peeping hole so that we have to open the door just to find out that the visitors are trying to meet friends at a different floor. The property shall invest in a security device limiting people to access only the designated floors. Other than that, AKA is highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Davida_Davida
AKAWhiteHouseGM, Front Office Manager at AKA White House, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

We appreciate your feedback! While we are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your amenities, we do apologize for any inconvenience caused to you by the interruption from another guest. We take our residents security quite seriously, and as such, urge all residents to contact the front desk immediately so we may investigate the matter. All of our doors within our lobby lock at 10PM and in order to gain access, you must be a resident of AKA with a room key. If in the future you need any coffee, please do not hesitate to stop by the front desk and we are more than pleased to give you some starter coffee packets, we keep plenty on hand for our resident’s use. Rest assured, your comments regarding our suites doors having peepholes has been taken into consideration. Our number one goal is your complete satisfaction, and as such, please feel free to contact the property directly when booking so we may assist in designing a stay catered to your individual needs. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to your next lodging dates at AKA White House.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I wanted to find a place where I had all the conveniences of home and a close location to where I was going to work. This is 2 blocks from the White House and 3 blocks from my meeting location. I was able to get groceries from a grocery store and make all of my meals in my room (including taking my breakfast and lunch to my work meetings). I was able to wash all of my clothes before going home! The only thing that is missing is close access to a grocery store and any type of food items in the hotel (no gift shop either). They do have a bar/lounge, fireplace, and friendly/helpful staff. They stored my food in their refrigerator and my suitcases on the final day of my stay so I did not have to throw out my food before my flight. A great place for touring the sights and maintaining a healthy diet while doing so! I had two of my co-workers stay there and they loved it too. This is where I will stay any other times I travel to the DC area.

Room Tip: I was fairly close to the elevator and barely heard anything. It is like living in a one-bedroom apartment. They have 1 and 2 bedroom suites - great for family traveling.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Danielle619
AKAWhiteHouseGM, Front Office Manager at AKA White House, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Thank you kindly for the great feedback! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay at your “home away from home”! With our suites designed to cater to your individual needs, AKA is your number one choice when looking for luxury extended stay within Washington, DC. While we do not have a restaurant on site, we are fortunate to be close to many, wonderful restaurants and cafés local to our area. While most residents utilize Whole Foods or Trader Joe’s for the groceries, our resident representative are on-site to assist any resident with ordering groceries online. This way, all your groceries are delivered right to your suite! We are thrilled to hear our concierge team was able to make your stay exceptional. Our number goal is your complete satisfaction and we are happy to hear your stay reflected that. Thank you again for the great feedback and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I just loved everything about this hotel. The rooms are very spacious and come with a small kitchen that really just has everything. It is very clean and the rooms are very relaxing. Recommended for longer stays. The hotel is also very close to the metro station.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for providing your feedback. Our number one goal is your complete satisfaction and we are thrilled to hear your stay reflected that. Upon booking your next stay, please contact us directly when booking to assist in designing a stay catered to your specific needs. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to your return to AKA White House.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Our family of four booked a penthouse two bedroom suite in October for a short stay. It was an excellent experience. The suite was well appointed and spacious. The enormous private balcony overlooking the city was just what we needed to host a small gathering of friends on a warm autumn weekend. The hotel was very well suited to host a small party of about 20 in the suite. The hotel offered extra service pieces for the catered dinner we brought in. They have no restaurant in the hotel but were very happy to aide our party. The hotel is excellently situated for all the sites of the city. I dropped my family off at the Mall and returned to the hotel to park and met my family on foot at the Museum of American History no problem. We also spent a late night touring the monuments by car which is a great way to beat the crowds and see Washington at its best. So close to the white house! Breakfast was easy to get in the area and bring up in no time. The room was well serviced and private with good internet and television. I highly recommend. Although there is not a formal off-street entrance, it is easy to pull up on the street and disembark and then park under the hotel. I actually appreciated the discreet nature of the hotel. You can barely recognize that it is a hotel. The staff couldn't have been nicer and more accommodating even if I felt they were a bit short staffed upon check in.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank momabouttown

Thank you for your great feedback! Our suites were designed with you, our guest, in mind. With in-suite washer and dryers, fuly furnished kitchens, and modern furnishing, AKA White House is your home away from home. So great to hear you enjoyed the “sights” while staying with family! Our central location allows our residents to fully experience what being a Washingtonian is all about. With our fantastic museum collection, national monuments, and local cuisine, residents and guests alike need only step outside to have a truly exciting stay in DC. We are thrilled to also hear our staff was on hand to make your stay memorable. With a dedicated concierge staff that is available 24/7, we are here to help design a stay unique to each visitor. Thank you again for your comments, and we look forward to your next lodging dates with us at AKA White House.

AKA White House

Reviewed January 9, 2014

This is a very good place. Space, quiet, good finish, great bedroom, easy access, etc. etc. Compared with hotels in Europe, well... there is no comparison. You feel like you own the place, and have your own space.

AHA is available for long stay, and is also well suited for this purpose. In fact, I am tempted to try this out!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

We greatly appreciate your positive feedback. With our spacious living accommodations, dedicated concierge team, and outstanding location, AKA White House is your home away from home. Whether staying with us for a long period of time, or a getaway to our Nation’s Capital, AKA is your number one choice in luxury extended stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to AKA White House.