“Delicious late night dining adventure”
Review of Rose's Luxury

Rose's Luxury
Ranked #15 of 3,448 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Capitol Hill
Reviewed October 19, 2019 via mobile

I sat at the upstairs bar for Rose's Anniversary Dinner. The service, pacing of the meal, the coctails, the wine and the inventively prepared culinary offerings melded expertly into a wonderful dining experience. Everything was delicious, but the lychee salad was my favorite course

1  Thank Kerry Reed E
Write a reviewReviews (504)

Reviewed October 19, 2019 via mobile

Love, love, love this restaurant! My sister and I have been several times and every time had been a wonderful experience. Atmosphere ✔staff ✔✔ food✔✔✔. The menu changes so there js always something new to try.

2  Thank Afreeman1956
Reviewed October 11, 2019

Last evening, we dined at Rose's Luxury. We are worldwide travelers who frequently dine at Michelin-starred restaurants--- Le Bernardin, The French Laundry, Alain Ducasse, Jean-Georges, Daniel, the lovely 2-star in Annecy, the terrific 2-star in Cancale, etc.

The food was unusual, but under-whelming. The service left a lot to be desired. Worst of all was the ambience. No tablecloths, scruffy wait-staff, and screeching infants and children at adjoining tables throughout our meal. Polite conversation at our table was impossible. When is this restaurant going to separate "Family Sections" from "Adult Sections" so that adult-guests can enjoy a stress-free experience?

When one goes to a highly-rated restaurant, one expects not only a certain standard of food and service, but one also expects a certain standard of decorum.

Lastly, this restaurant is not handicapped-accessible. I was told that the ladies room could be accessed only by climbing a flight of stairs--- as a mobility-impaired person, I sat through the entire meal and left there without being able to use the restroom. Imagine my discomfort...

In sum, a vastly over-rated, over-priced sub-standard experience.

5  Thank Tiburonlady
Reviewed October 9, 2019 via mobile

We were excited to try Rose’s and stood in the long line out front on a Saturday evening to get a table. The bread and cocktails were delicious. We ordered a handful of small plates to share and all were good. Two things we did notice were that many of the dishes were over peppered. They were so spicy that it took away from the overall enjoyment of the dish. Also, some were just not that interesting...nothing negative to say but for me this was a one time experience not sure I will be back.

3  Thank MiliLiv
Reviewed October 6, 2019 via mobile

Hands down the best restaurant I’ve ever been to. Top notch amazing food, such kind staff, trendy atmosphere. They were also so above and beyond accommodating and kind to my husband that has Celiac disease. Cannot wait to go back!

Date of visit: August 2019